Revisionist History

Our second president of the United States, John Adams, was for a bigger government.

I don't even need to finish that.

He was for a more powerful federal government, and if anyone thinks that was the wrong stance as we stand here in 2012, let him be ruled by a King, with each state having its own military and currency!

No real comparison between what he envisioned the federal government doing and what happened. He saw weak borders, states completely fragmenting the new union, and a New World-hungry Europe. The only response, in his view, was a stronger federal government. His view was repudiated by the run of anti-federalist presidents who followed his term. Stupid Jeffersonians...note the greatest accomplishment of the Jeffersonian presidency was to act like a federalist (or dictator really) and way overstep his authority with the Louisiana Purchase.

I wouldn't be John Adams if I didn't point out Jefferson's failings, right?

Edited by John Adams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentary Magazine must be really popular since I have never once seen it on a newstand.

If you don't like the message attack the Messenger

So what are your thoughts on Obama interjecting himself into other Presidents biographies?

If you don't like the message attack the Messenger

So what are your thoughts on Obama interjecting himself into other Presidents biographies?

It's all whatever and there's so much BS floating around. Just let the election come and pick the candidate you honestly believe is the best for the job. I think Romney is a giant douche and a lot of poor Republicans are goign to hate him, but I'll support him 100% if he is elected. For some reason, I think a lot of people here will struggle to do the same if Obama is elected however.

It's all whatever and there's so much BS floating around. Just let the election come and pick the candidate you honestly believe is the best for the job. I think Romney is a giant douche and a lot of poor Republicans are goign to hate him, but I'll support him 100% if he is elected. For some reason, I think a lot of people here will struggle to do the same if Obama is elected however.

You are now on record.

That's not what I asked you.

President Thomas Jefferson was noted for conducting the Louisiana Purchase and fathering several black children with his slaves. President Obama fathered two wonderful black children himself, before achieving a state of racial peace and harmony by conducting a beer summit between a white police officer and a black professor. Without President Obama's intervention, the situation could have been resolved with a pair of quick apologies. All Americans were grateful that President Obama felt the need to involve the Office of the President of the United States of America in a minor controversy, diffusing a potentially irrelevant situation before it could go nowhere.

President Thomas Jefferson was noted for conducting the Louisiana Purchase and fathering several black children with his slaves. President Obama fathered two wonderful black children himself, before achieving a state of racial peace and harmony by conducting a beer summit between a white police officer and a black professor. Without President Obama's intervention, the situation could have been resolved with a pair of quick apologies. All Americans were grateful that President Obama felt the need to involve the Office of the President of the United States of America in a minor controversy, diffusing a potentially irrelevant situation before it could go nowhere.

That was just a lead-up to his momentous pronouncement that Trayvon could be his son, thus settling down racial tensions around the country.

I'm not taking this source as gospel. Sorry.

That's why I went to the White House web site and read them myself.

Good for you, not taking news reports at face value. But it is true, and easily verified with about five minutes' work.

That's why I went to the White House web site and read them myself.

Good for you, not taking news reports at face value. But it is true, and easily verified with about five minutes' work.

My question is, is this the first administration to do that? They're under the Did You Know bits. I could imagine every sitting President's administration adding those.

Commentary Magazine must be really popular since I have never once seen it on a newstand.

Founded in 1945, COMMENTARY is America’s premier monthly magazine of opinion and a pivotal voice in American intellectual life

Maybe that's why.

He was for a more powerful federal government, and if anyone thinks that was the wrong stance as we stand here in 2012, let him be ruled by a King, with each state having its own military and currency!

No real comparison between what he envisioned the federal government doing and what happened. He saw weak borders, states completely fragmenting the new union, and a New World-hungry Europe. The only response, in his view, was a stronger federal government. His view was repudiated by the run of anti-federalist presidents who followed his term. Stupid Jeffersonians...note the greatest accomplishment of the Jeffersonian presidency was to act like a federalist (or dictator really) and way overstep his authority with the Louisiana Purchase.

I didn't say the comparison worked. That was the point of the comparison.

Thank the good lordy for John Marshall and the other stubborn Federalists post-1800 elections.

I wouldn't be John Adams if I didn't point out Jefferson's failings, right?

You're just mad that Jefferson won.

Edited by LeviF91

My question is, is this the first administration to do that? They're under the Did You Know bits. I could imagine every sitting President's administration adding those.

I've seen the presidential bios before, and while I wasn't exactly looking for stupid "Did you Know" ****, I don't recall seeing it either. And I probably would have twigged to something that dumb from the Bush administration...

I've seen the presidential bios before, and while I wasn't exactly looking for stupid "Did you Know" ****, I don't recall seeing it either. And I probably would have twigged to something that dumb from the Bush administration...

But....we sure could have some fun creating some Bush Did You Knows. Come on fellas have at it.

But....we sure could have some fun creating some Bush Did You Knows. Come on fellas have at it.

Are you sure we want to start out with Bush? It seems there would be a lot more low hanging fruit with Carter and Clinton. While Jimmy Carter was the first president to admit to having carnal thoughts about voluptuous interns, Bill Clinton was the first president to actually carry through on those thoughts and has been judged to be the first president to get a confirmed bj in the Oval Office. We praise Bill for completing the job but are concerned that Jimmy might be criticized for his thoughts of doing this with an intern when she was 15 years younger.

In 1823, President James Monroe introduced the Monroe Doctrine which declared America would protect the western hemisphere from European military influence.

In 2012, President BO introduced the BO Doctrine which declared the Trololololo Guy a protected species - and a preferred lifestyle.