Tanney no longer with the Bills

I can't believe this hasn't been brought up so I apologize if it has. Alex Tanney, the trick shot QB has unceremoniously left the city of Buffalo. I have to imagine if Gaily put QB's on the ps then he would have found a place for him. It will be interesting to see if other teams bring him in for a look.

Monmouth College quarterback Alex Tanney who was brought in for a workout over the weekend was not signed by the team, and is no longer affiliated with the Bills in any way at this point in time. Tanney is the Youtube "Trick Shot Quarterback" that went viral.

LINKY

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this kid getting so much attention? I really don't get it. Are people basing his ability to succeed in the NFL off of a trick shot video?

To be fair, it is that (showing accuracy), the fact he is the all-time leader in touchdown passes in NCAA history, he has decent size, and he is a kid from nowhere. It's a great story, with an unhappy ending.

He may still get a shot at training camp here or elsewhere, especially with 10 more guys allowed on each team's roster.

My guess is that the VY signing doomed the chances for either Tanney or Corp to get a roster spot and chance at training camp unless the Bills were planning on releasing Thigpen (like they did Florence after the draft). Four arms throwing passes and taking reps, if you include Brad Smith who will be the #3, are plenty.

I can't believe this hasn't been brought up so I apologize if it has. Alex Tanney, the trick shot QB has unceremoniously left the city of Buffalo.

What kind of ceremony were you expecting for the departure of an UDFA?

Why is this kid getting so much attention? I really don't get it. Are people basing his ability to succeed in the NFL off of a trick shot video?

I don't think too many people are basing his ability to succeed on the video. But, the video, and its popularity, make for some good press during the offseason, hence all the attention.

I'm actually a little disappointed that he's left so quickly. 6'3", decent stats (albeit in div 3), and clearly a talented arm, I thought he would be a good addition to the practice squad as a back-burner project. I thought the same about Corp as well.

So, are we really looking at Fitz, Young, Thigpen? Things could be worse!

Apparently.

# of threads that mentioned his name prior to the draft: 3

# of threads that mentioned his name after the draft (and discovery of the video): 23

Well, His best chance here was to get a spot on the PS because he would really have to impress to get a roster spot because he would have to beat out Young and Thigpen for #2, or show even more versatility the Smith and the ability to run the wildcat to get the #3 QB spot

I would have loved to see a different ending to the Tanney story but, as usual, the Bills handled it the right way and with their usual class. Tanney had other offers, and now maybe one of those will pan out for him.

Meanwhile, back at One Bills Drive, the QB position is already somewhat crowded going into camp - with Fitz, Young, Thigpen, Smith, and even Josh Nesbitt able to take turns heaving the ball...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Since articles have been written about him it stands to reason there would be an article titled about his departure. :wallbash:

Now that they are the voice of the Bills, WGR should hire him to do trick throws in the parking lot before games.

He's got a degree in business. He's got some internet marketing experience. Maybe, during the week, he can be an account rep.

Some goodbye music, tearful speeches, retiring the number he would have worn if he made the team, and finishing it off by throwing a perfect spiral off the helmet of Dareus, off the shoulder pads of byrd, and into the arms of Stevie in the endzone to be remembered on YouTube forever.... Until the internet dies, of course.