Gilmore

This from rotoworld and John Clayton. Don't know if it means much but is at least promising, especially for those of us that didn't want to take him. He's a bigger corner and very physical. They can use him against the top TE's and we may have something special in him.

ESPN's John Clayton reported on SportsCenter Sunday that Bills first-round pick Stephon Gilmore was one of the most impressive rookies at rookie camps around the league.

Per Clayton, Gilmore had an interception at almost every practice while starring at right cornerback. Clayton also mentioned that the Bills have designs on using Gilmore to cover tight ends like Aaron Hernandez in the AFC East. Rookie minicamp practice reports aren't necessarily indicative of future success, but Gilmore has star potential and will play a huge role in his first season.

This from rotoworld and John Clayton. Don't know if it means much but is at least promising, especially for those of us that didn't want to take him. He's a bigger corner and very physical. They can use him against the top TE's and we may have something special in him.

ESPN's John Clayton reported on SportsCenter Sunday that Bills first-round pick Stephon Gilmore was one of the most impressive rookies at rookie camps around the league.

Per Clayton, Gilmore had an interception at almost every practice while starring at right cornerback. Clayton also mentioned that the Bills have designs on using Gilmore to cover tight ends like Aaron Hernandez in the AFC East. Rookie minicamp practice reports aren't necessarily indicative of future success, but Gilmore has star potential and will play a huge role in his first season.

all early indication are the Bills got a good one . . . :thumbsup:

He's playing against mostly undrafted QBs and middle round/undrafted WRs so I would hope he'd impress. Let's see him go against the veterans and see how he holds up.

While he's playing against scrubs, so are the rest of the rookies this year.

And the quote from Clayton wasn't comparing him to his competition in Bills camp, but against other rookies in the rest of the camps across the league.

So out of all the rookies in NFL camps, Gilmore has stood out as a strong player.

You can either take that to mean he shows a lot of promise, or that the Bills scrubs are worse than every other NFL team's scrubs.

Great find. It's nice to get some love from the national press. After this offseason it is becoming commonplace.

i love john clayton's reporting when he's reporting what i want him to report.

I still hate it. Gilmore had the most impressive rookie camp of all rookies? Based on Clayton's insight from the confines of his office? And impressive because he an interception at each practice, at rookie camp?

:lol:

I still hate it. Gilmore had the most impressive rookie camp of all rookies? Based on Clayton's insight from the confines of his office? And impressive because he an interception at each practice, at rookie camp?

:lol:

It could also mean our QBs are terrible and our WRs can't run routes. :w00t:

PTR

there is nothing negative from this report... even if its against rookies, he still did very well...

please be positive for once, christ.... :censored:

I know right. Even if Clayton really has no idea and is simply stating this from his office off of what he HEARD around the league. It's still netter than a report saying Gilmore was smoked in every play and looks lost at rookie camps. It cpuldbbebthe opposite. I feel much better knowing he looks good to professional evaluators than a waste of a roster spot.