Bill Polian to Wall of Fame

iommi

Rightfully so. Buffalo really is coming full circle. Btw, here's a slogan that I've been kicking around and I think that it may be appropriate for this year. It's " Have you Herd, the stampede is on! Go Buffalo!".

Not a bad idea.

Gotta do Cookie. It's late but you gotta do Cookie.

PTR

Long overdue.

Sounds like Wilson wanted to do this for a while, but felt it was better to wait until he was not with the Colts anymore.

Which begs the question...what is all of this reported friction between Wilson and Polian?

Polian, in his interview about winning the spot on the Wall, has nothing but praise and thanks and friendship to speak of when mentioning Wilson. He also speaks highly of Buffalo as a city where his children grew up.

Listening to the interview, I can only think that all of these Buffalo Snooze reports about issues between Wilson and Polian are...well, baloney.

Which begs the question...what is all of this reported friction between Wilson and Polian?

Polian, in his interview about winning the spot on the Wall, has nothing but praise and thanks and friendship to speak of when mentioning Wilson. He also speaks highly of Buffalo as a city where his children grew up.

Listening to the interview, I can only think that all of these Buffalo Snooze reports about issues between Wilson and Polian are...well, baloney.

That's not to say it didn't happen.

As they say, familiarity breeds contempt and absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Congrats to BP, it's well deserved for the caliber of work he did during his time there. Those were truly special teams.

Edited by UConn James

Not only is this honor is long overdue and well deserved but the timing is perfect. I don't know what unfolded over there in Indianapolis but Bill Polian is ours long before that dork Jim Irsay and the Colts. It's time to bring Bill back home where he belongs.

Gotta do Cookie. It's late but you gotta do Cookie.

PTR

Yes, it's time for Cookie, and his coach also. Lou Saban, greatest coach in Bills history. I know Lou was stubborn, and a gypsy, but he reminds me of Bill Parcells. Guy was a winner.

Fighting constantly with Jeff Littman and being brusk with the front office staff (including Linda Bogdan, Ralph's daughter) probably sealed Polian's fate, since Ralph's always been big on "everone getting along."

He let Bill announce his own "restructuring" in 1993, as it was probably a painful decision for Ralph. I don't think there was ever any personal animosity between them (unlike with Ralph's ire with Saban)

Besides what Lurker posted, I thought I heard that both men had publicly buried the hatchet long ago.

Over the years at league meetings (before Ralph stopped attending) it was noted that they would greet each other warmly.

Ralph also made peace with John Butler before Butler passed away.