BILLS @ JETS Early Predictions

Mark Sanchez, meet Mario Williams. You two will be seeing a lot of each other in week one.

The Jets had a lot of trouble last season defending against the pass rush. And, other than a 6th round draft pick in OG Robert Griffin, I'm not sure that they have done much this offseason to resolve that issue. If our newly improved defense performs at half of its expectations, Sanchez will have a rough day. My prediction is that the Jets will trail badly until the end of the fourth quarter at which point Tebow will fly in and SAVE THE DAY. Ok, I'm joking on that last point. But, ironically, Tebow would probably do better than Sanchez against our D. Sanchez stinks when forced out of the pocket, and Tebow rather excels in those situations.

My prediction: As a result of our improved pass rush, Sanchez gets benched in favor of Tebow. It's not a difficult adjustment for Chan and Wanny to make. Bills win it by six.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meatball and Dareus team up to drive their All Pro NT into Sanchez for a sack. Tebow comes in and the revamped Bills defense is able to keep Tebow contained and force him to make mistakes just like last year. The Bills offense spends a LOT of time on the field and from there read the Senators post for the remainder of the story.

The first game is not the end all-be all, but I think it is important to the mindset of a team especially if they win. We play the Jets away for our first game and they will be prepared for us as they always will.

The pressure on Sanchez to win has always been there but when you consider the contract he just signed and the signing of Tebow, he will have to really have his game together especially against a team like the Bills who Jets fans and the media usually consider a win. I don't think anyone should limit the Tebow skills in some sort of option, wildcat, or short yardage trick play. As much as we made Tebow look foolish last year, I would expect the unexpected.

Has anyone noticed on the youtube videos of Glenn that he handles himself fairly well at left tackle? I think he can handle Coples and/or Maybin.

A strong running game with Spiller and Jackson will control the clock and the game and make play action passes a bit easier than the game against the Jets at the end of the year last season. Revis is going to do his thing, but Chan is creative and clever and may figure some things out hopefully before the game.

Just some thoughts.

Their lines aren't what they were two years ago. They made a tremendous mistake with Tebow.

Not because he is a great guy and an athlete, but because he will be an antagonist towards derision without trying. Too many fans are not football people and they are not seeing he is not an NFL QB. Sure he won. That was with a great defense, good running game, descent o line, and a weak schedule and by the way were lucky.

I can't wait for the Fireman as we are going to make Sanchez look bad. We are also going to show how Fast Freddy wins games. Can't wait for week 1.

1-0!

I can't predict the score but I know we will win because I'm taking my girlfriend to the game and she's never been to Met Life stadium so she's crazy excited and even she believes we have something special in the Bills this year. She's a fan because of me but her excitement alone will bring us a win.

Bills build up a halftime lead. Sanchez is Tebooed off the field. Chan then calls 20 straight passing plays and Fitz is picked off twice. Jets make it close and Tebow almost pulls it off but is picked off by Gilmore after Williams hits him as he throws.

I like Chan but I don't want to see the run abandoned as it seemed to be last year.

I got a positive attitude about the game but the Jets have had our number for a while now and the way the last game ended...mannn that was just painful. Buffalo should take this game very personal. Stevie Johnson missed a big catch that more than likely would've put the game away and Mark Sanchez crapped on our defense and threw for 4 TD's. I think it's the perfect game for us to start the year off with. We have to put this game away early, that'll take any options of trickery out of the equation. I absolutely hate the Jets with a passion and the Bills need to burst that bullsh!t bubble they got down there in NJ. GET EM!!!

I still think Sanchez flinches again. My three-year-old niece (who, admittedly, has no reason to have known fear) would have been more steady in that situation. I can't wait for the next time that footjob lines Sanchez up as a wideout (which is bound to happen now that he has acquired another dud weapon in the form of Tim Tebow.)

Jets 20, Bills 16. The offense will struggle initially this season.

Why would they? They are returning pretty much every skill position player. The Bills came out fast last year without the benefit of OTAs or off season work. Now with a year playing together and two years in the system for most of them, I expect the offense to come out sharp provided they come out of camp healthy.

As for the Jets game. F*C& the Jests. Bills win in a laugher 37-17.