Adam Corolla's view on waterboarding

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/05/04/carolla_rips_60_minutes_the_left_over_ridiculous_standard_on_torture.html

Awesome stuff, basically eviscerates Lesie Stahls liberal view on waterboarding... Check the video out, it's priceless!

Adam Carolla ripped Leslie Stahl of CBS's "60 Minutes" and those on the Left for complaining about enhanced interrogation techniques used by the U.S. after 9/11 to extract information from known terrorists. Carolla's main issue, other than Stahl's incessant questioning of Jose Rodriguez Jr., the chief of the CIA's Clandestine Service, was that the critics of such practices don't have a viable alternative to them.

Carolla said he hates when people use the explanation that if we stopped killing terrorists then perhaps they would stop hating us. Carolla called that type of thinking bull and said they hate us because of our way of life.

On the Thursday podcast of "The Adam Carolla Show," the host also explained his disappointment that those getting angst from reporters like Stahl, never throw their outrageous outrage back at them.

"That's your news. That's '60 Minutes.' That's the best we have to offer. Hard at !@#$ing work. I always wish that people just throw it back at them. What's your plan then, Leslie? What would you like to do? How would you like to extract information from people who wanted to see Americans die and don't want to give up any information," Carolla said.

"And find me a country that does it in a more humane fashion than we do? Or shut the f**k up. You have no story. There's not a story here. Hey, show me the huge pile of bodies from waterboarding. They'll be right next to the huge bodies of second-hand smoke. They don't f**king exist," he said.

"The point is, we're not taking lives. When other people cross the line, when other countries in these people we are doing battle with cross the line you get a bunch of dead people," Carolla said later in his show.

"This is not a bunch of people. We are holding ourselves to a ridiculously high standard that is really so high it transcends practicality because our standard is so high that we can no longer get information out of people. If we hold ourselves to a standard that doesn't involve making someone uncomfortable, or trying to break them down emotionally, or manipulate their diet, deprive them of sleep, or even make them think their drowning," Carolla added.

For the life of me, I just don't see how anyone could have any sort of empathy for these scumbags that killed thousands of Americans and had plans for more.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bit where they imitate Leslie Stahl interrogating the terrorist was freaking hysterical.

"Is there anything you know?"

"No, not really?"

"I'm up for a big raise, so if you know anything, it'd be a big help."

"I really wish I could help you, but I don't know anything."

"Okay, well the guy coming in to stencil an arrow so you know which way to pray will be here in about 20 minutes, so if you think of anything by then..."

"Oh, if I think of anything, I'll tell the stencil guy, no problem. Make sure he doesn't use lead-based paint, okay?"

Edited by LABillzFan

Love that there are some fellow Carolla fans on this board. I've been a daily listener for basically his entire podcast reign. Great show. Kind of sad when Teresa comes back on though b/c it reminds me how much better than Alison she is. Alison sucks.

Love that there are some fellow Carolla fans on this board. I've been a daily listener for basically his entire podcast reign. Great show. Kind of sad when Teresa comes back on though b/c it reminds me how much better than Alison she is. Alison sucks.

I don't mind Alison so much as the newsgirl. She comes up with some good zingers that are ignored. Part of it is Adam ignoring her more than he gives deference to Teresa given their decade together on air. The other part is that Alison is not assertive in the conversations.

Alison's podcast otoh, totally blows.

I kinda like Allison.

I don't mind Alison so much as the newsgirl. She comes up with some good zingers that are ignored. Part of it is Adam ignoring her more than he gives deference to Teresa given their decade together on air. The other part is that Alison is not assertive in the conversations.

Alison's podcast otoh, totally blows.

Yup. I agree Adam will let Teresa talk more and that has a lot to do with their time together previously but at the same time she just breathes life into the show. It's better with her talking. Alison...I like her and she's fine compared to nothing...but compared to Teresa...she's bad. Adam basically carries the show all by himself now. BRING BACK TERESA!

Worried because Toms little sidekick thinks torture is a good thing? Whatever stupid

So, you totally misrepresent what I said and then try to make me Tom's sidekick because I think you are a dumbass? If that is your criteria for sidekickness then 99+% of this board are my sidekicks.

they hate us because of our way of life.

<_< Can nobody make a point of calling out a way of thinking in this country without offering up something just as stupid?

So, you totally misrepresent what I said and then try to make me Tom's sidekick because I think you are a dumbass? If that is your criteria for sidekickness then 99+% of this board are my sidekicks.

What makes you Tom's sidekick is that your nose is so far up his ass he's going to have to have it surgically removed.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

Omg, you even have Tom in you signature statement :oops:

Wow, you are a little tool and you even advertise it! :lol:

Anyway, using torture, trying to use torture induced confessions in court and other information obtained by torture in legal proceedings is so asinine that only Conservatives coil be yammering for it

What makes you Tom's sidekick is that your nose is so far up his ass he's going to have to have it surgically removed.

What? I'm about a contemptuous of him as I am of you. And he knows it. That's like calling London prostitutes Jack the Ripper's sidekicks. :rolleyes:

What? I'm about a contemptuous of him as I am of you. And he knows it. That's like calling London prostitutes Jack the Ripper's sidekicks. :rolleyes:

Who's the whore here? Siding with BFBF to try to mess with me is pretty weak. It's lonely here at the top but looking down on you as the mudgeon that you are, allows me a sense of my natural entitlement over the likes of you.