Thigpen or Beck

3putt

Beck, no. Not likely.

I'm bummed that Arizona took Ryan Lindley, great arm and release, big frame. No talent around him. Was my sleeper dev project for chan. Just going off his highlight reel a few weeks back I was more impressed than I was from osweller.

Oh well, liking our draft anyway...carder and sanders were great value there

Meant to add...John Brantley would be a nice dev project too...we're going to bring someone in at qb either t the end or in fa , who it will be should be interesting cuz they need a third for competition at least

Colt McCoy? Smart just not tall. A back-up not a starter, but we can draft our future starter later. We need a good team. Create one which I think is Chixley's thinking, and they can parlay multiple drafts later for the Fitz replacement.

Guy's we're all scarred. We are going to be a better team this year. I've never thought this for over a decade. We're finally making smart picks.

Any thoughts on upgrading the Back up spot? I thought Thigpen was lost when he had to step up. I am not sold on Beck as a starter but as a back up? Maybe.

Is one really an upgrade over the other?

Any thoughts on upgrading the Back up spot? I thought Thigpen was lost when he had to step up. I am not sold on Beck as a starter but as a back up? Maybe.

Really? Are you a troll?

Nix said we'll sign a QB. Colt McCoy for a 6th next year if he doesn't get outright cut???

Sorry for the double post but I am gonna judge Thigpen on a full offseason and not the abbreviated one he had to start with last year. I don't care that he played for Chan before...last year was tough for him.

I'd prefer Beck the heterosexually-challenged rock star at QB to John Beck.

Beck (the rock star) is a really nice guy, I met him a couple of times when I lived in NYC. His girl was hot too (back then) so the part of hetro-challenged, I am not so sure about. I think he is just David Bowie-ing for fame and fortune. I like his music too.

I wouldn't be adverse to bringing in a low level vet as a 3rd sting competition type guy but I am fine with Thigpen as the backup to be honest. I know he didn't look good last year but I feel like that doesn't discredit how good he has played in Chan's system and as a backup throughout his career in the NFL. One game where he was unexpectedly subbed in and played poorly for a bit to me doesn't make him terrible.