RD 4, Pick #105: LB Nigel Bradham - FSU

SDS

A British plantation owner in the Caribbean?

I guess that means it's too hot for polo and there's no foxes down there.

Nah, just that Jamaicans & Trinidadians still have a big Anglophile affinity in naming their children.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure of his roots, but Bradham went to Wakulla HS, a shithole little podunk place about 20 miles south of tallahassee.

He said he grew up in Crawfordville, which is Wakulla area. Shithole place of about 32,000 people. He seemed to have a tough upbringing, with a single mom and an older brother in and out of prison.

The Bills are the luckiest team ever that they had four clear needs and the BPA in each round fit exactly what we needed. God loves us again!

Kelly it is my opinion once you get in the later rounds multiple prospects will have the same grade and then they'll take the one that fits need best. Could be wrong though and I'd agree that every pick likely isn't BPA.

Exactly, and "BPA at a position of need" should simply be called a need pick. Would anyone take the 2nd best player at a position of need? Of course not! This BPA nonsense all started with Spiller, when fans failed to realize that Marshawn was out the door allllll along, and the plan was for a Jackson/Spiller backfield. It just took a lot longer than expected to get him out the door.

There are different gradations of this. In 2006, Marv went into the draft with the thought that his two biggest or most urgent needs were at SS and DT. He resolved to come away with a DT and an SS with his first two picks. That was an extremely blinkered approach, and perhaps not surprisingly resulted in two busts. Marv should have expanded his definition of "need" to include more positions, such as QB and C. That way, when selecting "best player available at a position of need," he could have chosen from more than just first round SSs and DTs.

On the other hand, as Kelly the Dog has pointed out, choosing the best player available while ignoring need takes things too far in the opposite direction.

Finally, teams should (and generally do) remember the fact that some positions are associated with a greater potential for impact than others. This is why the top five generally consists mostly of QBs, LTs, CBs, WRs, and pass rushers, while the best OG in this draft wasn't taken until the 20s.

Brutal hit.

And totally clean.

Horrible, horrible call.

Shock and awe.

Official #1 " Fred , jeezus what happened back here?"

official # 2 " Hank, i aint rightly sure. But i think he plum killed em."

official # 3 " looks about right fella's. Well we gotta throw the flag on that dont we? i mean kilin' him and all?"

official # 1 " well i dont see it here in the book, but we'll get hell if we don't "

official # 3 " Hank i think you're right, this boys days of runnin crossin' routes is 'bout over. lets throw it then "

official # 1 " Nigel real sorry bout this here cuz it's a clean hit but i don't think your supposed to hit em so hard an plain up and kill em like that. i'm thinkin' some folks might take offense. so go on over and sit down a spell. Alrighty son? "

Needs to get bigger. Great depth for our LBs though and love the experience/school he comes from. Love the way we draft now. Big boy football.

why does a 240-lb OLB need to get bigger?

Not bad. I've read a lot about him clocking a fast speed in the 40 but he doesn't play as fast off the edge. He's not a pass rusher by any means, and he is maxing out at 240 pounds so taking on Tackles would be tough. But he is fast laterally, so flying to the tackle is a strong suit.

A lot of people saw him as a 3rd round pick, so we got a good value. I also like that he is a senior, so he has experience on his side.

Also was the capt. of Fl. State Defense, and can cover TE's. Great pick. Guy is huge and should be hitting the NE tight ends all day when we play them.

Kelly it is my opinion once you get in the later rounds multiple prospects will have the same grade and then they'll take the one that fits need best. Could be wrong though and I'd agree that every pick likely isn't BPA.

But our first 4 picks perfectly corresponded to stated needs. Do you think that's a coincidence, or do you think that you might see multiple prospects with similar grades in every round, not just the later ones?

Glenn's the only early pick that you could really say was a "BPA" pick -- most analysts had him as a sure-fire first-round talent, with rankings from the low teens to low 20s. So he was rated significantly higher than his #41 draft slot, and you could've made a case for taking him even if he didn't fill a need. As it so happened, he actually fills our biggest need (assuming Nix et al. are right that he can play LT, not just RT or OG). So that's cool.

I don't understand how this guy fell so far. He was a 5 star recruit out of high school, then followed it up with leading a major program in tackles 3 straight years (just like kuechly who went #9 overall), was a team captain, and a special teams ace. Great great great value with this pick. I just don't get why he fell - the only thing I can think of is his 4-3 olb only rating as many teams play a 3-4.

I don't understand how this guy fell so far. He was a 5 star recruit out of high school, then followed it up with leading a major program in tackles 3 straight years (just like kuechly who went #9 overall), was a team captain, and a special teams ace. Great great great value with this pick. I just don't get why he fell - the only thing I can think of is his 4-3 olb only rating as many teams play a 3-4.

The big negative on him was that he showed lack of recognition. Scouts don't want to see a guy biting on everything and relying on hustle to make up for it.