LT - Who needs em ahead of us?

Of the teams picking before us in Rd 2...who needs a LT?

1 St. Louis - Saffold struggled, so definite need there, with two picks in top 7, likely to take either Martin or Glenn.

2 Indianapolis - Need CB and weapons for Luck more.

3 Baltimore - Do need a G to replace Grubbs, may not be looking at OTs.

4 Denver - Need WR for Peyton

5 Cleveland - No, Thomas is best in the league.

6 Jacksonville - Not sure OT is a priority for them.

7 St. Louis - See #1

8 Carolina - No, Gross is the starter.

Thoughts from those who know far more than I?

Based on the comment below from Nix in reference to WRs, I think we're going OT in Round 2. I just hope Glenn is there.

“I think so,” said Nix. “I think they’ll be one there in the third round. You’ve just got so many of them.”

They view Massie as an RT. Won't be Massie.

Adams can't even pass a drug test at the NFL combine...won't be Adams.

I thinks its between Glenn, Martin and Brown from Troy.

And the Jets have a decent OL...they don't need Martin.

Wasn't Saffold supposed to be a stud? For that matter how did Sam Bradford work out for the Rams. #1 pick, absolute guaranteed franchise player, yet the Rams posted the worst 5-year W/L record in NFL history!

PTR

Yeah, Bradford, who has played for less than 2 seasons, is the reason the Rams have the worst record for the last 5 years. Good point.

Anyway, if we don't take a WR in round 2, who's left after that?

Yeah, Bradford, who has played for less than 2 seasons, is the reason the Rams have the worst record for the last 5 years. Good point.

Anyway, if we don't take a WR in round 2, who's left after that?

Aren't you the guy who always harps about franchise QBs? Aren't you the guy who measures QBs like Fitz on their W/L records? Are you saying that franchise QBs don't automatically turn you into a winner?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They view Massie as an RT. Won't be Massie.

Adams can't even pass a drug test at the NFL combine...won't be Adams.

I thinks its between Glenn, Martin and Brown from Troy.

And the Jets have a decent OL...they don't need Martin.

Its a good things people on this board can read and no one keeps bringing him up as the Bills choice in the 2nd :wallbash::rolleyes:

Aren't you the guy who always harps about franchise QBs? Aren't you the guy who measures QBs like Fitz on their W/L records? Are you saying that franchise QBs don't automatically turn you into a winner?

PTR

In fairness to WEO, didn't Bradford lead a pretty bad team to the playoffs his first year there (albeit their overall record was not that great). Last year was a bit of a mulligan I'd wager. They'll be in the hunt in the weak NFCW either this year or next, IMHO....

In fairness to WEO, didn't Bradford lead a pretty bad team to the playoffs his first year there (albeit their overall record was not that great). Last year was a bit of a mulligan I'd wager. They'll be in the hunt in the weak NFCW either this year or next, IMHO....

I don't know about that, the 49ers are looking like they will be the top of that division for a bit, and if Flynn is the real deal, that will also make the Seahawks a contender with the 49ers

No, he almost did. The Seahawks beat them up with a 7-9 record.

Wasn't Saffold supposed to be a stud? For that matter how did Sam Bradford work out for the Rams. #1 pick, absolute guaranteed franchise player, yet the Rams posted the worst 5-year W/L record in NFL history!

PTR

yes - bradford and saffold are at fault for the 5 year record.

I don't know about that, the 49ers are looking like they will be the top of that division for a bit, and if Flynn is the real deal, that will also make the Seahawks a contender with the 49ers

any division run by alex smith and matt flynn is considered pretty open.

Its a good thing people on this board can read and no one keeps bringing him up as the Bills choice in the 2nd

There's more than one scout out there that thinks Massie's skillset translates very well to the LT spot in the NFL...

PTR

when did it become standard issue to expect a rookie to go 13-3. they take time, and take lumps along the way. thats why you dont wait to get them, you get them early and build around them. just my opinion.

Its a good things people on this board can read and no one keeps bringing him up as the Bills choice in the 2nd :wallbash::rolleyes:

Yeah right? Unbelievable!

4 OTs were profiled today in Chris Brown's story on BB.com (link below). Massie was not one of them.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Good-value-at-OT-WR-for-Bills-in-round-2/22c470d3-35c2-404a-8bc5-c258bb43b465

I just hope Glenn is there for us.

Wow! It would be great to land Glenn or Martin and cross LT off the list.

Really? You would be satisfied with a sissy, finesse blocker (Martin) and a Guard (Glenn)? Take that OLB like David or TE Fleener in the second. Then get James Brown, OT, Troy University. Why Brown? He's a starting LT since arriving at Troy. He's the 2005 Mississippi state wrestling champion. He has long (34.5 inch) arms. As a Sophomore, started all 13 games, led his team with 66 Knockdowns and fewest sacks allowed (3.5), and fewest penalties called. Vs. Florida Atlantic, he received the highest single-game coaches grade of the year (95.3%). As a Junior, he started all 12 games, recorded nine knockdowns vs. Florida Atlantic and eight pancakes vs. Middle Tennessee. As a Senior, led team with 110 knockdown blocks while being whistled for just two penalties. The Bills like him; had him in for a visit. He is considered a 3rd. rounder. Buffalo, however, may have to move up into mid second to secure his services.

I think this guy is the best true LT remaining in this draft.

QB isn't the only thing, the 49ers defence is one of, if not the best defence last season. They have finally brought in some upgrades at WR, the west is SF's division right now and its not as wide open as you think. As I said about the Seahawks, it depends on if Flynn is the real deal or just another overhyped backup who made his career off of a couple good games as a 2nd stringer (Kolb? Johnson?)

when did it become standard issue to expect a rookie to go 13-3. they take time, and take lumps along the way. thats why you dont wait to get them, you get them early and build around them. just my opinion.

All reasoned responses. Just pointing out the absurd double standard we have. I don't expect a rookie to walk onto a bad team and go 13-3, BUT!!!!!! That is EXACTLY the expectation with every player the Bills draft. Heck, if they don't gain 1,000 TDs in OTAs do we not declare them busts?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

There's more than one scout out there that thinks Massie's skillset translates very well to the LT spot in the NFL...

Good for them, unfortunatly for the Fans that still think he is thier choice and keep bringing him up, those scouts are not with the Bills who see him as a RT and not a LT

All reasoned responses. Just pointing out the absurd double standard we have. I don't expect a rookie to walk onto a bad team and go 13-3, BUT!!!!!! That is EXACTLY the expectation with every player the Bills draft. Heck, if they don't gain 1,000 TDs in OTAs do we not declare them busts?

PTR

Outside of darieus, I thought we declare them busts here once Goodell finishes giving them a hug at the podium.....

Really? You would be satisfied with a sissy, finesse blocker (Martin) and a Guard (Glenn)? Take that OLB like David or TE Fleener in the second. Then get James Brown, OT, Troy University. Why Brown? He's a starting LT since arriving at Troy. He's the 2005 Mississippi state wrestling champion. He has long (34.5 inch) arms. As a Sophomore, started all 13 games, led his team with 66 Knockdowns and fewest sacks allowed (3.5), and fewest penalties called. Vs. Florida Atlantic, he received the highest single-game coaches grade of the year (95.3%). As a Junior, he started all 12 games, recorded nine knockdowns vs. Florida Atlantic and eight pancakes vs. Middle Tennessee. As a Senior, led team with 110 knockdown blocks while being whistled for just two penalties. The Bills like him; had him in for a visit. He is considered a 3rd. rounder. Buffalo, however, may have to move up into mid second to secure his services.

I would like to see you call him that to his face.

But seriously, you make a good point about Brown. But playing devils advocate i have to wonder how many knock down he would have against SEC guys or guys from another BCS confrence.

Not saying you can not find gems at these smaller programs, but how did Brown do against big schools?

Not a bad write-up, although I think you are discounting Glenn's ability to play LT. Only concern with Brown is with respect to the level of competition he has faced. Glenn faced NFL level competition as a LT at Georgia this year. I admit I don't know the difference between the two, but trust in Buddy to differentiate between them and pick a good one based upon meeting them and working them out. I just hope we go get a LT (I have been saying that for almost each Bills draft since 2002, I'm getting tired of writing that) and solidify the position for 10 years.

QB isn't the only thing, the 49ers defence is one of, if not the best defence last season. They have finally brought in some upgrades at WR, the west is SF's division right now and its not as wide open as you think. As I said about the Seahawks, it depends on if Flynn is the real deal or just another overhyped backup who made his career off of a couple good games as a 2nd stringer (Kolb? Johnson?)

the niners will always be competitive, but theres not that brees, p manning, brady, rodgers strangle hold on the crown. until a qb steps up in that division, the 9ers defense can win it for them consistently, but if you dropped the 49ers other divisions, i dont think anyone would consider them locks for just about anywhere but the nfc west (stong competitors in any of them still, just not a team thats expected to win it), and i think thats what i was getting at.

I wonder...is that the sandbag or the truth re: Martin. Seems they like Glenn & Brown more from the CB write up.

The entire interview seemed pretty genuine to me. I don't think there were a lot of smoke and mirrors involved. I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was very high on Martin.

PTR

Exquisite diagnosis of the bi-polar illness that afflicts some of our fellow posters. It also manifests itself in the unshakeable belief that nearly every player on the Bills is inferior to (and should be replaced by) anybody cut from any other team not named the Bills.

Exquisite diagnosis of the bi-polar illness that afflicts some of our fellow posters. It also manifests itself in the unshakeable belief that nearly every player on the Bills is inferior to (and should be replaced by) anybody cut from any other team not named the Bills.

well, it also doesnt help when you diagnose it as a board issue - ie if 5 guys bring up colt mccoy, the board always clamours for any player, or if a few guys trash so-and-so we all hate our players. couple that with the also running theme of 5 guys hate an idea, 5 guys like it, and suddenly bills fans somehow have changed their minds or have double standards, even though its not people contradicting themselves.

PTR

Are you aware how many years and games Bradford has played for the Rams? You take making a premature judgment to a very silly level.