Start Looking Ahead to Round 2

jwhit34

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I'd like Buddy to get aggressive and package a few of our extra picks to get the Colts #2 so we can take care of the OT problem with either Glenn, Massie, Adams, Shwartz--whoever they like best--so they can get their guy. Fingers crossed...

In round 1, remember there were only a couple teams above us that wanted/needed an LT (Vikings & Jags). We were worried about the Rams, Vikings, TB, Browns, Jax, Miami, and Panthers wanting a WR; the Colts could use one as well. The Jags got Blackmon and the Vikings took Kalil.

I really expect there to be a run on WRs at the beginning of Round 2 and us having the pick of the litter at LTs. I could see us grabbing Martin. He will have this entire year plus next off season to add the bulk and muscle. We will grab a WR in round 3 most likely.

That being said, I originally expected our #10 to go to Floyd or Gilmore/Kirkpatrick. The choice was going to be whether we wanted to solidify the Defense or grab an offensive toy. I don't think Buddy will find the WR he wants later in this draft. I really don't expect to find a big WR who is open even when he isn't in a later round.

Buddy has gone on record saying that he would only trade up to grab a player if he felt we were a player away. I think WR is going to be our big hole going into next off season and that is when we will get our great WR. I don't think that the type of player we want will be around later in this draft...

From what I guessed our draft board to be earlier (2CBs, 2OL, LB depth, WR), I think we will grab our LTs our CB and our LB and punt the WR till next off season...

Cordy Glenn, Reuben Randle, Stephen Hill or Jonathan Martin (in that order preferably)! Only thing is that a lot of teams in front of us in the 2nd need OL and WR (STL, IND, BAL, DEN, CLE, CAR)...Hope we get lucky...if not Lavonte David is a good consolation

************************************************************************************************************

My order of preference would be Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, Fleener, Jonathan Martin.

Wish we could find a team to take our 3rd and one of our 4th round picks for their second. Probably not likely but if we could get that deal, I would love to get a wide receiver either Hill or Randle and then an offensive lineman, (Jonathan Martin or Cordy Glenn). Boy if we could have two second round picks and get those guys that would be great. I know it's not going to happen but I can hope.

I think if both those wide receivers are gone Fleener might be able to stretch the field down the middle.

Edited by HornyToad

In round 1, remember there were only a couple teams above us that wanted/needed an LT (Vikings & Jags). We were worried about the Rams, Vikings, TB, Browns, Jax, Miami, and Panthers wanting a WR; the Colts could use one as well. The Jags got Blackmon and the Vikings took Kalil.

I really expect there to be a run on WRs at the beginning of Round 2 and us having the pick of the litter at LTs. I could see us grabbing Martin. He will have this entire year plus next off season to add the bulk and muscle. We will grab a WR in round 3 most likely.

That being said, I originally expected our #10 to go to Floyd or Gilmore/Kirkpatrick. The choice was going to be whether we wanted to solidify the Defense or grab an offensive toy. I don't think Buddy will find the WR he wants later in this draft. I really don't expect to find a big WR who is open even when he isn't in a later round.

Buddy has gone on record saying that he would only trade up to grab a player if he felt we were a player away. I think WR is going to be our big hole going into next off season and that is when we will get our great WR. I don't think that the type of player we want will be around later in this draft...

From what I guessed our draft board to be earlier (2CBs, 2OL, LB depth, WR), I think we will grab our LTs our CB and our LB and punt the WR till next off season...

*********************************************************************************************

I think you are right. I too feel there will be a run on wide receivers early in the second round. If Buffalo fails to move up as New England did twice, (those lucky bums)Hill and Randle will probably be gone. I hope Buddy moves up by giving up a 4th round pick and gets Stephen Hill or Rueben Randle. I like Hill, 6 foot 4 and runs a 4.39 forty. Big and fast.

*********************************************************************************************

I think you are right. I too feel there will be a run on wide receivers early in the second round. If Buffalo fails to move up as New England did twice, (those lucky bums)Hill and Randle will probably be gone. I hope Buddy moves up by giving up a 4th round pick and gets Stephen Hill or Rueben Randle. I like Hill, 6 foot 4 and runs a 4.39 forty. Big and fast.

I knew the OT players would slide to round 2 and said it here way before the draft; I figured we would grab either Floyd or Gilmore/Kirkpatrick @10. I thought the WR run would be at the end of RD, but with all the trades it got pushed to the start of Round 2. If we were going to trade up to grab a WR, we could have with the Giants or Denver at the end of Round 1 and we didn't. I would be surprised to see us trade up now. The LT position is a much bigger need for us and those are the players that will be around at pick#41 unless there are more trades.

Hill, Randle, Fleener will be gone by us. Glenn could be gone as well due to the fact that some teams have him as a G. Martin as a true LT prospect should still be there based on the needs of teams picking above us.

Jenkins is a helluva talent, but we won't touch him that high. We could take a CB/WR in Round 3, LB in 4, OL in 5, and then WR/CB

Not that group think is a great indicator, but the way tackles and receivers slid out of the first round in a way validates the Bills' thoughts on the draft. The quality and value at those positions appear to be in rounds 2-4, which means Bills will have to be on the lookout for a run on one of those positions.

1335495875[/url]' post='2448011']

I don't think I made predictions like that...Unless I was stoned... ;)

Seriously though I do like Jeffery more than Floyd, not Blackmon...But then again I watched just about every Game Jeffery played in College, and I just like the Kid...

I totally understand why he has slid...He got chubby...There's no question about it...I saw the gut... :lol: But I still think he's loaded talent-wise, and Buddy said he wants a WR who is open even when he's not...Alshon Jeffery IS that WR...I do think he's got the best hands in the Draft...I really like the Kid and hope we take a chance on him... B-)

I'd be stoked to get him too. Jeffery, randle, sanu, hill or even quick. Any of the 5, or Lavonte David and I'll be up in arms with joy. I see them taking someone we dont expect though. Since the draft is so deep at WR, I could see them bypassing all of them and take a Tackle or LB.

1335498285[/url]' post='2448093']

************************************************************************************************************

My order of preference would be Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, Fleener, Jonathan Martin.

Wish we could find a team to take our 3rd and one of our 4th round picks for their second. Probably not likely but if we could get that deal, I would love to get a wide receiver either Hill or Randle and then an offensive lineman, (Jonathan Martin or Cordy Glenn). Boy if we could have two second round picks and get those guys that would be great. I know it's not going to happen but I can hope.

I think if both those wide receivers are gone Fleener might be able to stretch the field down the middle.

I'd be shocked if the colts don't take fleener

Anyone know why Jeffery's #'s were cut in 1/2 last year? I watched him against Nebraska in the bowl game (his only 100yd game this season) and he looked dominant. He was a top 10 lock back in 2010...

Edit: got my answer on another thread.....thx SC fan!

Edited by r00tabaga

I missed that and if he said it then that diminishes my credibility of Buddy greatly. What a stupid ass thing to say. Fleener would be great.

I think his QB had a LOT to do with his success at Stanford. I think I've heard scouts say he's the best of a horrible TE group and will be overrated b/c of this. I'll pass, thx.

This is where I'd like Buddy to get aggressive and package a few of our extra picks to get the Colts #2 so we can take care of the OT problem with either Glenn, Massie, Adams, Shwartz--whoever they like best--so they can get their guy. Fingers crossed...

There is not much difference between Glenn, Adams or Martin. The Bills should be able to get either one of those in that 2nd round. That leaves them thin at WR and OLB.

Ruben Randle

Courtney Upshaw if he is still there.

Another starter is the only criteria I have.

I'd take a LT later in the draft.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you-- we still have too many pressing needs to reach-- but when the #3 LT prospect on most boards slides out of the first, I'd make an aggressive move to land him in the second. Cordy Glenn fits the mold the Bills have created for their OL-- big-bodied, great feet, versatility-- and with the aggressive moves being made to improve the Jets and Pats* front seven, I'd feel a lot more comfortable of the Bills were devoting equal attention to their offensive line.

I like Lavonte David, but I have major issues with Courtney Upshaw. I understand that people make mistakes, but it's hard to overlook the character concerns of a guy that tossed his girlfriend around. An anonymous scout had a similar reaction...

"The more Courtney Upshaw talked (in the interview process), the more I got scared. He has a lot of distractions in his life. There are a lot of concerns there. We need an edge guy, but we wouldn't touch him in the first (round). I'd have hesitations in the second where we're picking, after hearing him talk about grabbing his girlfriend by the hair."

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/4/12/2943749/nfl-front-office-personnel-courtney-upshaw-not-worth-a-first-round

There's plenty we don't know about his circumstances, but there are also plenty of other prospects available who can improve our team and don't bring with them this kind of baggage.

They need to upgrade a position on the offense with this next pick. Be it lineman or receiver, it needs to be an improvement over what they have already. Maybe that sounds obvious, but just adding another WR that is no better than what they have isn't going to accomplish anything. I think it would be easier to find a lineman that would be an upgrade.