Wisconsin recall election

The same exit polls had walker only winning by 1%...and some even had him losing.

Which means these exit polls are....crap.

Methodology problems galore...when you are off by 7-10 points in an exit poll about Walker. There's no way the people who just got done voting for a Republican governor by 7 points...are going to vote for a Democratic President by 7 points. That's just retarded.

All of the exit polling must have been done in Milwaukee and Madison to be that far off. I don't care what anyone or poll says, Obama is in trouble in Wisconsin come November.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the exit polling must have been done in Milwaukee and Madison to be that far off. I don't care what anyone or poll says, Obama is in trouble in Wisconsin come November.

As a Florida voter who will likely vote Obama I feel the same is true of my state. Unlikely Romney loses in Florida although he will not win big. Then again it's still a long way away and I'm basically a Florida Republican in local politics there is no other party in terms of state politics...we're just all Republicans and we fight within that party...yet Obama won the state last election....

Edited by TheNewBills

I am glad I had my hand in helping Walker retain his job... I really don't believe in what the recall was doing... Let his term play out even if he is doing a crappy job. Better yet if there is an idictment against him for wrongdoing... He will be a sitting Gov. Why preempt that?

As a Florida voter who will likely vote Obama I feel the same is true of my state. Unlikely Romney loses in Florida although he will not win big. Then again it's still a long way away and I'm basically a Florida Republican in local politics there is no other party in terms of state politics...we're just all Republicans and we fight within that party...yet Obama won the state last election....

As a florida voter also, obama IMO wont win here again.

Did he not just crush the national democratic party?

No exactly dude.

If Walker had lost it would be a victory for the national Democratic Party, an sign of Obama's re-coronation, proof that Unions are a strong mainstream political force for the middle class, and the will of the people of Wisconsin

But since Walker won, it's only some local race that the Koch Brothers bought

The same exit polls had walker only winning by 1%...and some even had him losing.

Which means these exit polls are....crap.

Methodology problems galore...when you are off by 7-10 points in an exit poll about Walker. There's no way the people who just got done voting for a Republican governor by 7 points...are going to vote for a Democratic President by 7 points. That's just retarded.

I totally agree.

Last night exposed the fallacy of all the networks relying on these exit polls to "report" how the election is going.

You think that they would have learned in 2004 when exit polls had pretty much elected John Kerry before the voting was even over.

Thoughts on this:

-It's a pretty hollow 'victory' when a guy keeps his job by a few percentage points after turning around his state finances. Other than "I just want to line my greedy pockets at the expense of other people via union scams", can anyone provide a rational argument against state employees contributing to their own pensions and health insurance, having pay increases tied to the CPI, or giving people the right to choose whether or not to join the union at all? Anyone? How many people here contribute nothing to their own pensions and health insurance? Does anyone else find it disheartening that one state made these kind of mild, common sense reforms and it turns into a federal case?

-All the news stations are awful and I never watch them unless it's an election night, but MSNBC was laughably bad. I don't ever recall hearing -- even on Fox -- the station hosts (not guests from the party or Jesse Jackson's corpse) being so blatant in their personal feelings and actually using the first person when discussing election results "This is a terrible outcome for us", "We need to learn from this.....". I guess I thought there was still at least a small distinction between Rush Limbaugh/Keith Olbermann style programs and the "news". Apparently not.

-It would be so nice to have a fiscal conservative like Walker who doesn't spend the first five minutes of his speech blathering about "thanking God". God doesn't balance the budget, save it for church.

-Obama supporters crying about money in politics: :wallbash: When people are that hypocritical you know they just don't care about anything.

Edited by KD in CT

I find Mihcelle Malkin hot as hell :devil:

I used to, as well. Until she opened her mouth.

Is it safe to say that the "new media" is slowly killing off far left liberalism?

No. It's just beating it at its own game right now. That will change in time, I supposed, but conservative use of new media is to liberals what the Romney campaign is to Obama.; quick, organized, focused and motivated.

It becomes increasingly obvious whenever you see David Axelrod post a comment on Twitter.

Incidentally, my favorite Twitter post from last night: Barrett: It's only a flesh wound.

Malkin is really hot, but like LA she's starting to grate on me. She just has this "needs a good dicking" tone to her. Outraged and annoyed over everything.

Relax Malkin.....the new Disney movie casting an oil exec as the antagonist is not a liberal plot to indoctrinate our kids.

You're a Florida Repub but you'll be voting Obama? Makes a lot of sense. <_<

"While tonight’s outcome was not what we had hoped for – no one can dispute the strong message sent to Governor Walker. Hundreds of thousands of Wisconsinites from all walks of life took a stand against the politics of division..."

...and kept Walker in office.

By a greater percentage than the first time. What a strong message. Thank goodness he "survived." :rolleyes:

You're a Florida Repub but you'll be voting Obama? Makes a lot of sense. <_<

By a greater percentage than the first time. What a strong message. Thank goodness he "survived." :rolleyes:

Do we know what the final tally was yet?

Also, did I just see that a Barrett supporter slapped him in the face after he conceeded the election last night? Is this real?

Edited by TheMadCap