Wisconsin recall election

I found this quote quite... startling. Not something you normally hear from any politician.

"Secretary of State Doug La Follette said of Walker: "He has become the rock star to the right wing, traveling around the country. He disgusts me, let's be candid about it."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/democrats-take-aim-at-walker-during-forum-ta54noj-148621635.html

It's also amusing to hear the candidates complain about out-of-state money funding Walker's campaign, when those same people are getting money funneled in from out-of-state unions. Politic(ian)s are crazy.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no different than a politician complaining about Citizens United and all the money corporations can now funnel to campaigns....five seconds after they left a Union-sponsored fundraiser that netted him $250K towards his reelection.

It's hard understand how anyone who is not part of the government union scam would support what these people are trying to accomplish.

What is the benefit of putting your state billions in debt (which your increased taxes will need to address) so someone else can get an absurdly rich pension?

It's hard understand how anyone who is not part of the government union scam would support what these people are trying to accomplish.

What is the benefit of putting your state billions in debt (which your increased taxes will need to address) so someone else can get an absurdly rich pension?

But without people getting absurdly rich pensions, you wouldn't have rich people to tax to pay for the pensions.

I found this quote quite... startling. Not something you normally hear from any politician.

"Secretary of State Doug La Follette said of Walker: "He has become the rock star to the right wing, traveling around the country. He disgusts me, let's be candid about it."

Yes Doug, lets be candid.

Gov. Walker and the Wisconsin representatives passed legislation that they ran on,

while the dems RAN out of state to try and prevent it.

Now, in best "poor loser" fashion,you and the National unions are attempting a recall, which polls show you losing.

So pout away, Mr. Secretary of State.................what you call a "rock star" most people recognize as a "leader".........considering what we have in DC, its little wonder you don't.

Edited by B-Man

Its no different than a politician complaining about Citizens United and all the money corporations can now funnel to campaigns....five seconds after they left a Union-sponsored fundraiser that netted him $250K towards his reelection.

And of course if the recall succeeds it's because the will of the people has spoken. However if the recall fails it's because of all the out of state corporate influence buying votes

• 2 weeks later...

This just in: Labor has a bad day in Wisconsin.

Think about it for just a second. Walker got more votes from the right than both recall opponents combined got left votes. And total Dem votes were more than a quarter-million shy of the 900,000 "names" on the petition. And in the end, the union challenger got her clock cleaned by the guy who lost to Walker in the last gubernatorial election.

Wicked.

Edited by LABillzFan

Think about it for just a second. Walker got more votes from the right than both recall opponents combined. And total Dem votes were more than a quarter-million shy of the 900,000 "names" on the petition. And in the end, the union challenger got her clock cleaned by the guy who lost to Walker in the last gubernatorial election.

Wicked.

No Taxpayer-funded-$150,000-a-year-tax-free-pension-and-free-for-life-medical-benefits-upon-retiring-at-55, No Peace!! :angry:

And who exactly is responsible for that, Doug? Let's talk root causes here:

If you clowns hadn't recalled him, and hadn't bused in all the idiots, made this a national story, and went around saying "he disgusts me"....

would anybody outside of Wisconsin know or care who Scott Walker is? No, clowns.

The best part is: big unions paid big money to say that the guy who just won the primary...is no different than Scott Walker. :lol: All Scott Walker has to do is replay the same ads, end them with a "this is a giant waste of time/money for the people of Wisconsin" and laugh all the way to the win. Meanwhile, the union bosses have deluded themselves into believing that dumping $30 mil into this was a good idea, because it will scare Republicans. No, clowns, you're only scary if you win. That's $30 mil Obama doesn't get. Nice work.

I'm sure the union members, who paid the dues you have blown on giving the other side ammunition, are appreciative today, Doug.

I'm equally sure that the evil Koch brothers, and all the other billionaires, are having a wild laugh at your ineptitude. You're making them famous, which gives them even more power, especially now that their money = Walker wins.

Why would they stop now? Why wouldn't they dump even more money into state races and really start kicking your/union ass? Nothing encourages further investment like winning returns....morons.

And who exactly is responsible for that, Doug? Let's talk root causes here:

If you clowns hadn't recalled him, and hadn't bused in all the idiots, made this a national story, and went around saying "he disgusts me"....

would anybody outside of Wisconsin know or care who Scott Walker is? No, clowns.

The best part is: big unions paid big money to say that the guy who just won the primary...is no different than Scott Walker. :lol: All Scott Walker has to do is replay the same ads, end them with a "this is a giant waste of time/money for the people of Wisconsin" and laugh all the way to the win. Meanwhile, the union bosses have deluded themselves into believing that dumping $30 mil into this was a good idea, because it will scare Republicans. No, clowns, you're only scary if you win. That's $30 mil Obama doesn't get. Nice work.

I'm sure the union members, who paid the dues you have blown on giving the other side ammunition, are appreciative today, Doug.

I'm equally sure that the evil Koch brothers, and all the other billionaires, are having a wild laugh at your ineptitude. You're making them famous, which gives them even more power, especially now that their money = Walker wins.

Why would they stop now? Why wouldn't they dump even more money into state races and really start kicking your/union ass? Nothing encourages further investment like winning returns....morons.

The public unions are getting desperate. The evidence since the law passed suggests that breaking the unions was the best thing Wisconsin could do, and the union leadership is losing their free meal tickets.

As LABillzFan alluded to earlier, this is an interesting result from yesterday's Re-call primary.

There were over 900,000 signatures (supposedly valid signatures) on the petition to recall Walker.

Why didn’t those people bother to vote yesterday?

Do they not really exist, have they changed their minds about wanting a recall, or did the sign the petitions because of real or perceived coercion?

As LABillzFan alluded to earlier, this is an interesting result from yesterday's Re-call primary.

There were over 900,000 signatures (supposedly valid signatures) on the petition to recall Walker.

Why didn’t those people bother to vote yesterday?

Do they not really exist, have they changed their minds about wanting a recall, or did the sign the petitions because of real or perceived coercion?

Do you need an ID to vote in Wisconsin?

Not yet. Voter ID has passed but the libs are kicking and screaming and delaying it through lawsuits. And it was great to see all of the support Walker got yesterday in a meaningless primary. The silent majority is alive and well in Wisconsin.

There was word of a big meeting between WI libs and DOJ, but the meeting was put off when the libs tried to get into the DOJ offices without ID.

Think about it for just a second. Walker got more votes from the right than both recall opponents combined got left votes. And total Dem votes were more than a quarter-million shy of the 900,000 "names" on the petition. And in the end, the union challenger got her clock cleaned by the guy who lost to Walker in the last gubernatorial election.

Wicked.

That's actually quite astounding. Walker with virtually no opponent , which logically gave hardly any incentive for his supporters to show up and vote, had more votes than not just the two main candidates, but the third place finisher combined.

That's quite amazing, I would say that his supporters are extremely energized.

While more Democrats voted for one of their candidates than did Republicans — 670,278 compared with 646,458 — it’s highly unusual for an incumbent facing only token opposition to get that many votes in a primary.

Well I guess it's over now - maybe the opposition should just concede now to avoid further embarrassment- Walker is the Borg and resistance is futile so says the PPP right-wing hive mind- but you know some crazy Lib types might speculate that because their crazy lib outrage is anti-Walker rather than pro- any particular Democratic candidate that the notoriously lazy Lib types might not care which candidate comes out of the Democratic primary saving all their America destroying energy for June's election.

Well I guess it's over now - maybe the opposition should just concede now to avoid further embarrassment- Walker is the Borg and resistance is futile so says the PPP right-wing hive mind- but you know some crazy Lib types might speculate that because their crazy lib outrage is anti-Walker rather than pro- any particular Democratic candidate that the notoriously lazy Lib types might not care which candidate comes out of the Democratic primary saving all their America destroying energy for June's election.

Here's the thing: they chose a guy who refused to get behind the unions. Not to mention, even if you get rid of Walker, you still have to wipe out the state legislature to overturn the law. In other words, it was a brutal uphill battle to start with, it became even more brutal by pitting Walker against a guy he already beat once...WHILE Walker's policies are clearly improving things for the state of Wisconsin, and you have to ask yourself: how many millions upon millions of dollars have been spent and WILL be spent against Walker when they could be used for more realistic election opportunties?

There is such a thing as throwing good money after bad, and this is shaping up to be a perfect example of that.

But hey...I'm a conservative who's been sucking liberal hind tit for three years. Nothing pleases me more than watching public unions get their pockets fleeced and their asses handed to them in one fell swoop.

That's actually quite astounding. Walker with virtually no opponent , which logically gave hardly any incentive for his supporters to show up and vote, had more votes than not just the two main candidates, but the third place finisher combined.

That's quite amazing, I would say that his supporters are extremely energized.

There was a fair amount of cross over voting going on as well. It was evident Barrett was going to win so R's showed up and voted Falk in attempt to close the gap.