Wisconsin recall election

I think Walker will win but what a blow to Republicans if he loses! Glad I don't live in that state though.

Wisconsin is a fine example of how to clean up after a liberal mess. Doyle left us $3.6 billion in the hole, and Walker erased that debt in a short period of time without raising taxes. Property taxes also went down for the first time in 12 years, thanks to Act 10. I am proud my state woke up. We kicked Feingold's sorry can out of office, and replaced him with a knowledgeable conservative, Ron Johnson. We also have one of the best congressmen in the House, Paul Ryan. On Wisconsin!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing more ridiculous than watching liberals cast opinions on hypotheticals.

While you're at it, tell us again how much worse things would have been without the stimulus. And then tell us again how much better things would have been with a larger stimulus. <_<

Your avatar really suits you.

Wisconsin is a fine example of how to clean up after a liberal mess. Doyle left us $3.6 billion in the hole, and Walker erased that debt in a short period of time without raising taxes. Property taxes also went down for the first time in 12 years, thanks to Act 10. I am proud my state woke up. We kicked Feingold's sorry can out of office, and replaced him with a knowledgeable conservative, Ron Johnson. We also have one of the best congressmen in the House, Paul Ryan. On Wisconsin!

Glad you like your state. I don't know the ins and outs of it so I don't have a great idea of how it is there. I just know philosophically, I disagree with some of the things they were doing there. But more power to them if they do it that way.

I can't stand Paul Ryan though. :thumbdown:

You really are a dumbass and should be ashamed of yourself for your comments. You won't understand this though. You've attacked a long-term respected poster with your garbage that has no credence here. Get some meat or STFU.

Maybe, but I can change my avatar and you'll still be a whiny progressive who believes the failures of this administration are mischaracterized because of what can't be seen.

"The stimulus saved us from another depression! Things could have been worse!" :lol:

I can't stand Paul Ryan though. :thumbdown:

Because Paul Ryan stands for fiscal responsibility and has the gravitas and courage tto attempt to address our countries most pressing and burdensome liabilities, whereas you support a party that would rather kick the can down the road and made the cynical calculation to not produce any credible long-term plan and would rather demagogue Ryan's serious plan in order to rile the leftist sheeple base like yourself.

Congratulations, you fell for it.

Edited by WorldTraveller

I think Walker will win but what a blow to Republicans if he loses! Glad I don't live in that state though.

If Walker wins (again), what does that say about Dems, not to mention unions?

If Walker wins (again), what does that say about Dems, not to mention unions?

Unions have been dying for years. Republicans are just trying to put them out of business for good.

You really are a dumbass and should be ashamed of yourself for your comments. You won't understand this though. You've attacked a long-term respected poster with your garbage that has no credence here. Get some meat or STFU.

Not sure if serious. I get attacked and namecalled on almost every post I make. I thought I was playing by everyone's rules here.

This place is full of right wingers that just pat each other on the back all day. I've been called stupid, retarded, and a dumbass in my short time here. But, me taking a little jab at someone is out of bounds? Really?

But, me taking a little jab at someone is out of bounds? Really?

No, not at all. It wasn't all that great an insult (I give it a B-, maybe a B)...but it was well within bounds.

3rd's just kind of...well...ignorable. No one pays all that much attention to him.

No, not at all. It wasn't all that great an insult (I give it a B-, maybe a B)...but it was well within bounds.

3rd's just kind of...well...ignorable. No one pays all that much attention to him.

I'm glad I even got in the "B" range. I thought it was an easy insult.

I have some decent discussion with 3rd I think. I'm still trying to figure out who everyone is here.

Unions have been dying for years. Republicans are just trying to put them out of business for good.

Not sure if serious. I get attacked and namecalled on almost every post I make. I thought I was playing by everyone's rules here.

This place is full of right wingers that just pat each other on the back all day. I've been called stupid, retarded, and a dumbass in my short time here. But, me taking a little jab at someone is out of bounds? Really?

I think you're misguided fjl2nd, but I have been reading your posts for years going back to bbmb. We used to beat you up a little bit, but you really do get slammed here. Hope you stick around for a different point of view.

I'm glad I even got in the "B" range. I thought it was an easy insult.

I have some decent discussion with 3rd I think. I'm still trying to figure out who everyone is here.

By way of help: I'm the guy who does have some decent discussions, with rational people...but 2/3 of the time just insults people who are completely irrational. Sadly, the current state of the board is that most of our rational leftist posters have run for the hills. All we have left are the irrational ones.

And the board definitely leans right on economic issues, no small reason because quite a few of us have good practical experience in business and investing.

I think you're misguided fjl2nd, but I have been reading your posts for years going back to bbmb. We used to beat you up a little bit, but you really do get slammed here. Hope you stick around for a different point of view.

Haha yeah I need to talk politics and news somewhere! It's pretty brutal here though for a "lefty". Lol.

I need backup. I feel like I have to respond to 7 different people each thread. :blink:

Haha yeah I need to talk politics and news somewhere! It's pretty brutal here though for a "lefty". Lol.

I need backup. I feel like I have to respond to 7 different people each thread. :blink:

With all the psychiatric disorders evident on this board, those seven could be as many as ten.

Unless one of our resident narcissists replies...then you only have to reply to him.

Not sure if serious.

I don't care if he's serious or not; the idea that you can't act like a douchebag to me because I've been here for a long time is actually more stupid than thinking you can't be critical of the president because, y'know, he's the president. I'm a conservative. You're a progressive. We disagree. At least we're not trying to pass ourselves off as "moderate independents" because that just gets embarrassing for everyone.

Hey Wisconsin Bills Fan, I try and keep up with the recall updates (usually with Althouse or Powerline (Minnesota)and it seems to me that the dems recall doesn't even focus on the Governor's illegal public union-busting, all those teachers demonstrations and the taking over of the Capitol building last year are kept in the background.

Now they just seem to want to run on "jobs", whats up? Did they overplay their hand last year?

I'm guessing that you don't hear about Walker's "Draconian" budget, because it seems to be working.

Edited by B-Man

I had to look back to see which venerable long time poster was insulted, but couldn't find anyone to fit that category.

Maybe a mod deleted him?