Monday workout day

I'm curious as to what the new CBA says about trainer and strength and conditioning coaches and doctor visits with the teams. The players cannot even talk to their own coaches. They can't be at the team's facilities. I would generally assume that the doctors can see the players but I wonder if there are some restrictions and limitations to that, too. And maybe the team doctors and trainers (as opposed to, say, the surgeons that actually perform the procedures) can only examine the players at certain times, like, say, now.

I don't know either way. Anyone? Bueller?

Hopefully, this attachment should prove useful.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Denver-Broncos-collective-bargaining-agreement-offseason-limits-players-032812

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that quote is true, this might be the year he shuts all his haters up; it might also be the year where all his haters rejoice and he never plays in the NFL again. Either way, this year will determine his future career.

You are exactly correct.

I am one of the hopefuls not just for the team. which would be incredible indeed but for the man himself. It would be an interesting success story.

Also i must admit the air changed around here when we picked him up. Sure we have argued both ways and in between about his future but he did get our attention. Along with some other teams Offense in preseason when it was obvious to me they were preparing for him when he lined up.

But the Bills really seemed to gain a Billieve attitude that has continued. if thats all he did for us, I'll take it.

Cmon Shawne!

Thanks. It seems that it wouldn't much help if Merriman came in earlier, although I suppose the docs and trainers could have looked at him, they couldn't help him with any kind of program. That seems dumb when it comes to an injured player.

I think that there has been some communication between FO and Shawne's personal physician. Official or not.

I'm as cynical as anyone, but lordy, with the changes to the defense we've already had this offseason, if we actually get a healthy Merriman back on top of all that? We could be one of the greatest stories in the league next year.

The one thing I live about that article and the whole thought of Merriman is that he believes he's beack. A lot of this stuff can be mental to these guys. If the surgery was a sucessful one that is great. Even if not 100% it's still in SMs mind that it was. He will be back to his lights out form at least for a few games until his injury comes back up again. That's the worst that's gonna happen IMO. We never relied on him anyway. So if he can get on the field in situational positions a few tines and produce sone sacks then that's great. All I can do is think about our front 4 of Williams, Williams, Dareus and Anderson with Merriman playing as an OLB on 3rd down and long and blitzing the F&$K out of Brady and making him wish he was retired.

All I can do is think about our front 4 of Williams, Williams, Dareus and Anderson with Merriman playing as an OLB on 3rd down and long and blitzing the F&$K out of Brady and making him wish he was retired.

This is a wonderful thought :thumbsup:

I agree Cpt Hindsight. The great thing about Merriman is that he's unknown and unexpected, but boy if he can manage to come back! We were thinking we'd have potentially the top front lines in football, and that was without him. With him I can't even imagine. It COULD truly be one of the best DLines of not only the year but in history. It's a lot to say, I know, but if you think about all the guys we've had and the potentials of all of them at once. It could be a magical year.

Merriman's days of being of being a dominant LB are likely done. Steroids have ravaged his body and Achilles injuries are difficult to overcome. He cannot be counted on to play LB for the Bills.

That makes about as much sense as playing Mario Williams at LB.

One of the very best defensive minds and coaches in the league, Wade Phillips, made Mario a LB last year and he had 5 sacks in 5 games, playing the same position, 3-4 outside pass rushing linebacker, that Merriman always played as a 3-4 outside pass rushing linebacker.

I don't think anyone is counting on Merriman but if he did come back to "Lights Out" level how sick would our D become? Brady would crap his panties.

PTR

Brady would crap his panties, Sanchez would run for the border, Tebow will be blasphemous and whoever the Dolphins have will juss become fish under the sea.