Monday workout day

I wonder if we will hear any Merriman news after Monday? This will be OBD's first look at Shawne since his surgery. Like many of you I'm itching to know how he will look, even just working out. Will he be taking it easy? I guess the same goes for Kyle Williams.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they are voluntary workouts I'd be interested to see if he even shows up. If he does it says a ton about his desire and the chemistry on this team.

Heh,say what you want , I'm pulling for the guy.When he is healthy he plays "Lights Out"effort on every down, doesn't take plays off.

Since they are voluntary workouts I'd be interested to see if he even shows up. If he does it says a ton about his desire and the chemistry on this team.

Heh,say what you want , I'm pulling for the guy.When he is healthy he plays "Lights Out"effort on every down, doesn't take plays off.

Depends on where he is in his rehab and what his doctor says he can/can't, should/shouldn't do. If it makes more sense for him to stay where he is and continue the rehab, then by all means, he should probably do just that.

GO BILLS!!!

I wonder if we will hear any Merriman news after Monday? This will be the OBD's first look at Shawne since his surgery. Like many of you I'm itching to know how he will look, even just working out. Will he be taking it easy? I guess the same goes for Kyle Williams.

PTR

Honestly, I would not put much into Merriman as he has unfortunately had to deal with serious injuries since 2007. He has proved to be in a very fragile state due to the numerous injuries and at this point is at best a situation based player if he even makes the team at all. Buffalo has been waiting on him ever since they signed him off of waivers to where if he is not full go and convincingly makes the team I believe his time is up.

The better topic would have been about Kyle Williams who you mentioned and who is far more vital to the team with his health at this point than Shawne Merriman

No guarantee he is even going to play but a week ago he said it's the best he has felt in three years.

If that quote is true, this might be the year he shuts all his haters up; it might also be the year where all his haters rejoice and he never plays in the NFL again. Either way, this year will determine his future career.

Depends on where he is in his rehab and what his doctor says he can/can't, should/shouldn't do. If it makes more sense for him to stay where he is and continue the rehab, then by all means, he should probably do just that.

GO BILLS!!!

He may just come in for fun and to see the players and whatever, but the guy works out like a fiend, all the time, as much as he can. There is nothing he would do whatsoever at the Bills workouts that he wouldn't be doing on his own. I don't really expect him to show but it's not as though he is going to show up for OTAs out of condition. He's a beast right now.

Obviously, it's hard if not downright stupid to count on anything from him. But there is a decent chance he is going to be able to play. He played on one leg and with one shoulder last year for five games and as soon as he went out it was a huge loss for the defense on 3-4 levels, even without him getting sacks. I'm really looking forward to seeing what, if anything, he can do.

We never thought we were going to get Mario Williams. And we never thought Merriman would be back to anything close to what he was. We got one of them. If Merriman has strength in his achillees and can run full speed, this is going to be a lot of fun. I'm excited at the thought of it, not like I'm expecting it to happen.

He may just come in for fun and to see the players and whatever, but the guy works out like a fiend, all the time, as much as he can. There is nothing he would do whatsoever at the Bills workouts that he wouldn't be doing on his own. I don't really expect him to show but it's not as though he is going to show up for OTAs out of condition. He's a beast right now.

Obviously, it's hard if not downright stupid to count on anything from him. But there is a decent chance he is going to be able to play. He played on one leg and with one shoulder last year for five games and as soon as he went out it was a huge loss for the defense on 3-4 levels, even without him getting sacks. I'm really looking forward to seeing what, if anything, he can do.

We never thought we were going to get Mario Williams. And we never thought Merriman would be back to anything close to what he was. We got one of them. If Merriman has strength in his achillees and can run full speed, this is going to be a lot of fun. I'm excited at the thought of it, not like I'm expecting it to happen.

My thoughts exactly. The guy is what, 27 years old? He's got time on his side. This idea that he is washed up is ludicrous. As those five games he played last season attest to. He was playing great on that one leg and shoulder you mentioned.

He's been injured. It happens. So do comebacks. Why not hope for the best instead of just writing him off automatically? The Bills will field a team, regardless. He's all upside as they say.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

My thoughts exactly. The guy is what, 27 years old? He's got time on his side. This idea that he is washed up is ludicrous. As those five games he played last season attest to. He was playing great on that one leg and shoulder you mentioned.

He's been injured. It happens. So do comebacks. Why not hope for the best instead of just writing him off automatically? The Bills will field a team, regardless. He's all upside as they say.

GO BILLS!!!

Looks like I spoke too soon. Maybe he is coming in for the workouts and maybe a good sign. The great family time yesterday statement was in reference to attending the Maryland spring game I think, which he has been tweeting about. he just said...

Great Family time yesterday going to see the 2nd Fam #Buffalo

Looks like I spoke too soon. Maybe he is coming in for the workouts and maybe a good sign. The great family time yesterday statement was in reference to attending the Maryland spring game I think, which he has been tweeting about. he just said...

Let me just say this.... I love the fact that this guy loves Buffalo. Got the first time since Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, Bennett, Talley, etc..... it finally feels like we have guys that love this town and want to be here.

Stevie, Merriman, Dareus, Williams, Williams, Fitz, Jackson, Nelson, Spiller, Barnett, etc...

It makes me feel like it's the 90s all over again. The Rockpile selling out already and tickets haven't even gone in sale to the public yet. I've tried to add tickets around me and I've been told there are no spots available to this point. Regardless of how we play, and finish, this really feels like home again. People are really getting excited and the players want to make us happy and proud again.

GO BILLS!!!!

I doubt it's OBDs first look at Merriman. They're paying him millions I'm sure the team doctors have had a look see since January 1

Hopefully those asren't the same docs that, twice declared him fit prior to ending up on IR.

GO BILLS!!!

He is well rested.....

Let me just say this.... I love the fact that this guy loves Buffalo. Got the first time since Kelly, Thurman, Reed, Bruce, Bennett, Talley, etc..... it finally feels like we have guys that love this town and want to be here.

Stevie, Merriman, Dareus, Williams, Williams, Fitz, Jackson, Nelson, Spiller, Barnett, etc...

It makes me feel like it's the 90s all over again. The Rockpile selling out already and tickets haven't even gone in sale to the public yet. I've tried to add tickets around me and I've been told there are no spots available to this point. Regardless of how we play, and finish, this really feels like home again. People are really getting excited and the players want to make us happy and proud again.

GO BILLS!!!!

How many week, total, has Merriman actually spent in his beloved Buffalo in the past 2 years?

Hopefully those asren't the same docs that, twice declared him fit prior to ending up on IR.

He is well rested.....

How many week, total, has Merriman actually spent in his beloved Buffalo in the past 2 years?

All the better.

Better run, WEO. I see a silver lining up there that could use a cloud.

GO BILLS!!!

He is well rested.....

I have spent one week total, and I'd estimate I easily love Buffalo more than 90% of Buffalonians. ;) There is not much I don't love about Buffalo.

If that quote is true, this might be the year he shuts all his haters up; it might also be the year where all his haters rejoice and he never plays in the NFL again. Either way, this year will determine his future career.

In which camp do you fall?

I doubt it's OBDs first look at Merriman. They're paying him millions I'm sure the team doctors have had a look see since January 1

Actually I heard from a good source that OBD had not seen him since the surgery. Talk, yes. But this will be the first in-person look.

PTR

Actually I heard from a good source that OBD had not seen him since the surgery. Talk, yes. But this will be the first in-person look.

PTR

I'm curious as to what the new CBA says about trainer and strength and conditioning coaches and doctor visits with the teams. The players cannot even talk to their own coaches. They can't be at the team's facilities. I would generally assume that the doctors can see the players but I wonder if there are some restrictions and limitations to that, too. And maybe the team doctors and trainers (as opposed to, say, the surgeons that actually perform the procedures) can only examine the players at certain times, like, say, now.

I don't know either way. Anyone? Bueller?