Evans to Jags

Kevin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish the best for Evans, but the guy is finished. Take it that his ties to mularky are the only reason why he is there though

hes finished? I predict a come back year, but i guess you need to think hes finished to feel better about not having him.

hes finished? I predict a come back year, but i guess you need to think hes finished to feel better about not having him.

You are delusional. He has Blaine Gabbert throwing to him who now has to learn a new offensive system.

You are delusional. He has Blaine Gabbert throwing to him who now has to learn a new offensive system.

This is spot on. Anyone thinking Gabbert will put up big numbers anytime soon is delusional. Evans will likely fade even more into NFL obscurity in Jax. Sad end to a career.

For those eyeing Michael Floyd in the 1st round, the Evans signing might help the Bills. There has been some discussion about the Jags eyeing Floyd with their 1st pick to give Gabbert some help. The Evans signing could swing the Jags pendulum more in the direction of a defensive end with their 1st round pick rather than a wide receiver.

Evans, Pos, and Meathead... with that kind of leadership, the Jags are well on their way. :lol:

Lol, I didn't even think about The 3 Stooges! Wow, I thought a Bills' fan suffered a lot, I couldn't imagine being a Jag's fan with our cast-offs! Ouch, that's brutal!

I'm not saying he's not, but why is he done when he's only 31 years old?

Because he was only a 1 trick pony, and the trick was outrun a guy for the long ball...News Flash, tend to get slower after age 30.

But once again, why do we care where he's at, he is not a Bill anymore? I wish him the best, but could care less where he's playing at!

Go Bills!!!

I'm not saying he's not, but why is he done when he's only 31 years old?

I would base my agreement with that belief on his pretty meteoric decline in production over the last 5 years as well as the fact that two organizations have given up on the guy.

I know there's a continued disconnect on his age and the idea that he could be washed up but "your mileage may vary…" in fact your mileage does vary.

For comparison, Peerless Price (a similar style/size of receiver) had a similar career decline and was done by the age of 31.

Maybe Evans has more left in the tank but I personally don't believe so… unless he's so disgusted by his own recent performance and that vindication is a very strong fuel for him.

For those eyeing Michael Floyd in the 1st round, the Evans signing might help the Bills. There has been some discussion about the Jags eyeing Floyd with their 1st pick to give Gabbert some help. The Evans signing could swing the Jags pendulum more in the direction of a defensive end with their 1st round pick rather than a wide receiver.

Or Evans was signed to help teach Floyd...But I seriously doubt Evans signing a one year deal changes a draft board