What player would you NOT want the Bills to Draft at #10?

What player would you NOT want the Bills to Draft at #10?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What player would you NOT want the Bills to Draft at #10?

• Justin Blackmon, WR out of Oklahoma State
    • Michael Floyd, WR out of Notre Dame
    • Luke Kuechly, LB out of Boston College
    • David DeCastro, OG out of Stanford
    • Riley Reiff, OT out of Iowa
    • Cordy Glenn, OT/OG out of Georgia
    • Jonathan Martin, OT out of Stanford
    • Dre Kirkpatrick, CB out of Alabama
    • Stephon Gilmore, CB out of South Carolina
    • I'd be happy with ANY of the picks above!

I thought I would gauge the community's feelings on this since the debate is running hot and heavy right now.

Assuming the Bills stay at #10, what player would you hate for the Bills to take? I tried to only list players who have been regularly associated with the Bills selection in this poll.

Have at it!

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Reiff but I'm not a fan of Keuhly either. He seems to skinny to play LB in the NFL. I sure hope we trade up or down. The value @ 10 is not as good as it should be.

Edited by qwksilver

I don't want a Tackle at 10 either, none seem worthy of the 10th pick and I think the drop off isn't that great to some of the Tackle prospects that will be around in Rounds 2-3. As far as Kuechly goes am I the only one who doesn't see a 1st Round Talent? I've heard a lot comparisons to Poz but to me he reminds me of a slightly better, more atheletic version of Chris White who we drafted last year. At 10 give me Claiborne, Blackmon, Ingram, or Floyd in that order......hope 1 of them is still around.

I'd rather the Bills go in a different direction, but DeCastro wouldn't be the end of the world. He's been called one of the surest bets in the entire draft and would make the inside of our line unbelievably strong, leading to immediate improvements in the interior running game and giving Fitz more room to step up in the pocket. He may also serve as a hedge on Wood (Urbik to C), given that Wood has suffered two major injuries in two seasons, and/or Wood or Levitre leaving through free agency. DeCastro will almost certainly be the BPA when the Bills are on the clock.

My instinct is that Nix/Gailey will select the guy they think is the surest bet to start for the Bills over the next five years. I think that means that Reiff, DeCastro, and Kuechly will be at the top of the Bills' board. The fact that the Bills were so aggressive in going after Meachum makes me think that they may go WR, but I don't think Floyd will be the BPA.

I thought I would gauge the community's feelings on this since the debate is running hot and heavy right now.

Assuming the Bills stay at #10, what player would you hate for the Bills to take? I tried to only list players who have been regularly associated with the Bills selection in this poll.

Have at it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they can't get Kalil anyone except an offensive tackle. After Kalil there isn't an offensive tackle without a huge weakness. That's why draftniks are saying an offensive tackle at pick 10 is a huge reach. None of the tackles except Kalil warrant being picked that high. Buffalo has blown so many first picks in the past they might as well screw up another one. Anyone of those tackles is probably no better than the guy they didn't re-sign, Demetrius Bell. LOL Buffalo is just a farm team for the rest of the NFL, especially Philly. Buffalo loves to develop left tackles for the Eagles.. LOL Peters and now Bell.

Edited by TheKidd

I would despise Reiff as our pick because he's not a LT. At best he's a decent RT, but he'll probably end up as a guard. He's too compact and has too short of arms. Other then Reiff, the pick I would dislike is Kirkpatrick. He's not the type of CB we need, Gilmore would be better, but Gilmore isn't top 10 talent. I'm not sure why DeCastro is so hated. He'll probably end up being in like 10+ pro bowls and could very well be the BPA when we're on the clock. Is it just because he's an interior lineman? Would people rather reach for need instead of going BPA?

The only guys on that board that are even real possibilities IMO are Rieff & Floyd. I think we definitely need offensive line help, but I dont see Riley Rieff being a solid player in the NFL. He reminds me exactly of Bryan Bulaga who fell quite a bit in the draft for the "short arms", but he has been a good player so far. The only problem is that we arent the GB Packers by a long shot. In a best case scenario I would like to see us select in this order:

1. Matt Kalil (trade up if he falls past the Vikes to the #7 or #8 pick. this guy is "cant miss" and has Bills ties due to his dad playing with us, and also being Jim Kelly's center)

2. Justin Blackmon- (same scenario as Kalil, as long as the move isnt too crazy where we have to give up our whole draft)

3. Michael Floyd- assuming that we stay at #10 I think this is the guy who will be an immediate playmaker, and more importantly take a lot of pressure off of Fitz, and Stevie with his size, strength, and speed

P.S. I would really like to see us targeting one of these free agent tackles. There is a couple out there that could definitely start for us (Goldberg, Keith, McNeill, etc)