What player would you NOT want the Bills to Draft at #10?

What player would you NOT want the Bills to Draft at #10?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What player would you NOT want the Bills to Draft at #10?

• Justin Blackmon, WR out of Oklahoma State
    • Michael Floyd, WR out of Notre Dame
    • Luke Kuechly, LB out of Boston College
    • David DeCastro, OG out of Stanford
    • Riley Reiff, OT out of Iowa
    • Cordy Glenn, OT/OG out of Georgia
    • Jonathan Martin, OT out of Stanford
    • Dre Kirkpatrick, CB out of Alabama
    • Stephon Gilmore, CB out of South Carolina
    • I'd be happy with ANY of the picks above!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only pick I've seen on a mock that I've truly hated is Mike Adams and he didn't make the list. Adams has bust written all over him.

The Bills' evaluation of Reiff is the key to the pick because it looks like he will be there at 10. My guess that the Bills will view him like Bulaga two years ago, see him as a RT only, and pass. The Packers have kept Bulaga on the right side, so the analysis seems pretty accurate. I won't get upset if they do take Reiff, though, because Nix seems to favor value over need and I can't see him selecting someone they don't feel is at least one of the top 15 picks in the draft.

So much hate for decastro the most gaurented player in the draft lol Wood gets injured every year as does half our oline, wheres the depth when wood goes down? oh wait we dont have any.. decastro can play C if need be too, anyone else forget both wood an levs contract is up this year? were not gonna be able to resign both.. so im leaning towards more now to pick castro. Why not have a pro bowl OL for at least the next 5 years? He could start day 1 if wanted to or fill a void if someone gets injured. At this point it has to be floyd/blackmon claiborne/kahil and if none of them are there then pick decastro IMO

I thought I would gauge the community's feelings on this since the debate is running hot and heavy right now.

Assuming the Bills stay at #10, what player would you hate for the Bills to take? I tried to only list players who have been regularly associated with the Bills selection in this poll.

Have at it!

If you put Coples on the list I would have picked him in a heart beat or Dontari Poe.

I'd like to see Tannehill on this list so I could vote against him. Notwithstanding the groundswell for him in some places on this site, he's a crap shoot who is NOT worth the #10 pick. He'll generate so much momentum -- a few guys do this every year -- that he'll definitely go in the first round. But I just don't see it.

Every year there are guys that shoot up between the bowls and the draft because the "experts" talk them up so much. They improve incredibly without ever playing a game between January and April.

I'd like to see Tannehill on this list so I could vote against him. Notwithstanding the groundswell for him in some places on this site, he's a crap shoot who is NOT worth the #10 pick. He'll generate so much momentum -- a few guys do this every year -- that he'll definitely go in the first round. But I just don't see it.

Every year there are guys that shoot up between the bowls and the draft because the "experts" talk them up so much. They improve incredibly without ever playing a game between January and April.

Bla bla bla whatever, Tannehill is the complete package and with more experience will be a perennial pro bowler.

Man, you just don't like EuroAmericans !! :)

:worthy::lol:

Why on earth would anyone say that Decastro is a good pick at #10 when arguably the two best players on our team are Levitre and Wood. Yes, depth is FANTASTIC to have in the NFL. However, depth comes after quality starters!! If you are missing quality starters on half your roster, you dont start drafting "depth" with the 10th overall pick. That is just ridiculous. Wood and Levitre can easily both be resigned. We have more cap room than virtually any team in the NFL. Those guys are the core of our team, and I have a strong feeling the reason they get hurt every year is because they are asked to do it all due to the lack of talent on the rest of the line. A Decastro pick would be similar to us picking Quentin Couples after we just spent 120 million on Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. That would be utterly ridiculous

Bla bla bla whatever, Tannehill is the complete package and with more experience will be a perennial pro bowler.

:worthy::lol:

Idk how you can be so in love in tannehill lol the bills will never pick him, I really dislike your draft :P no offense but I also don't know how people pick decastro over rieff.. so you'd rather have the bills draft reiff than castro? ROFL at least decastro is the most gaurented OL men this year. Better have him as a starter or back up to woods injury prone butt then have someone who might not even make it as a RT when we need a true LT

Why on earth would anyone say that Decastro is a good pick at #10 when arguably the two best players on our team are Levitre and Wood. Yes, depth is FANTASTIC to have in the NFL. However, depth comes after quality starters!! If you are missing quality starters on half your roster, you dont start drafting "depth" with the 10th overall pick. That is just ridiculous. Wood and Levitre can easily both be resigned. We have more cap room than virtually any team in the NFL. Those guys are the core of our team, and I have a strong feeling the reason they get hurt every year is because they are asked to do it all due to the lack of talent on the rest of the line. A Decastro pick would be similar to us picking Quentin Couples after we just spent 120 million on Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. That would be utterly ridiculous

We could play him at RG? Or he could come in when wood goes down.. like he has.. the past 2 years. And after what we spent no we don't have the most caproom in the NFL. Actually.. we barley have more than the AFC east. We have a couple more million only actually. I really don't see us signin both lev and wood back, and if wood gets injured this year again why even sign him back? Half our oline gets injured almost every year you HAVE to take in account of injurys I don't get peoples logic... Pro bowl gaurd for the next 5 years or a reach at someone who mmight not even play T in this league? Id much rather have a starting pro bowl guard or starting center god for bid over someone whos gonna take time to develope who might not even develope

DeCastro, Reiff, Kuechly.

This.

10th overall is too early to take an offensive guard. The only possible justification I could see for DeCastro would be if he could take on NTs and DTs one-on-one--players who would otherwise have required a double team. If he can do that--and thereby free up other offensive linemen--then and only then does he become part of the conversation at 10th overall. I've heard a lot of talk about how great he is, but nothing which would suggest he could single team interior defensive linemen who would otherwise have required a double team.

Kuechley won't be blitzing much--at least not with the Bills--because Wannestedt doesn't like blitzing his linebackers. Nor is it realistic to expect a LB to cover a good pass catching TE one-on-one. If Kuechley won't be blitzing the quarterback, and won't be shutting down TEs in one-on-one coverage, then what will he do on passing downs to justify 10th overall?

I also agree that Reiff does not seem like he'll become a franchise LT, or even a close approximation of one.

Of those three, I voted for Kuechley, on the theory that there's at least a chance of DeCastro doing the one-on-one blocking I described, and a chance--however infinitesimal--of Reiff becoming a competent NFL LT. But even under the absolute, best case scenario for Kuechley, he doesn't come even remotely close to justifying 10th overall.

This.

10th overall is too early to take an offensive guard. The only possible justification I could see for DeCastro would be if he could take on NTs and DTs one-on-one--players who would otherwise have required a double team. If he can do that--and thereby free up other offensive linemen--then and only then does he become part of the conversation at 10th overall. I've heard a lot of talk about how great he is, but nothing which would suggest he could single team interior defensive linemen who would otherwise have required a double team.

Kuechley won't be blitzing much--at least not with the Bills--because Wannestedt doesn't like blitzing his linebackers. Nor is it realistic to expect a LB to cover a good pass catching TE one-on-one. If Kuechley won't be blitzing the quarterback, and won't be shutting down TEs in one-on-one coverage, then what will he do on passing downs to justify 10th overall?

I also agree that Reiff does not seem like he'll become a franchise LT, or even a close approximation of one.

Of those three, I voted for Kuechley, on the theory that there's at least a chance of DeCastro doing the one-on-one blocking I described, and a chance--however infinitesimal--of Reiff becoming a competent NFL LT. But even under the absolute, best case scenario for Kuechley, he doesn't come even remotely close to justifying 10th overall.

go the nfl.com and watch on the beat. They have us picking martin but the point I wanna make is watch the video on decastro he gets picked by the chiefs and I think it'll answer your questions on him. The kid loves football and he's a mean player and I don't mean nasty/dirty I mean MEAN like blocks one guy and goes up field just to pancake someone else, the kid is a beast

I'm not sold on Kirkpatrick. I would be very disappointed if that were the pick. I think Gilmore would be a better pick if we are going CB. My favorite is Floyd, but I am thinking that is less and less likely for the Bills. I am not in love with an OT expect Kahlil, but he'll be taken by 10. I'm not sure where we'll go...

wish we could pick multiples here but i voted for (or is it against?) Reiff. I hate Iowa Lineman. I don't know why they always get so much hype but it seems they never pan out quite as well as projected.

While I don't necessarily "hate" Iowa linemen, I do agree with you that they are almost always hyped up and tagged as being "technically sound" and "incredibly well coached." Kirk Ferentz has the reputation of being a coach that instills technique and discipline on his players, but I think it's gotten to the point where media pundits blindly label all Iowa linemen in this fashion instead of evaluating each player uniquely.

In terms of my feelings on Reiff, I'm not sold on his value at #10 or his ability to be a star at LT, but if Buddy and company really believe in this guy then I won't argue with it until we get to see him on the field. I am hoping Floyd is available at #10 to be our pick, but I have a strong feeling that he will be gone before we're on the clock.

I thought I would gauge the community's feelings on this since the debate is running hot and heavy right now.

Assuming the Bills stay at #10, what player would you hate for the Bills to take? I tried to only list players who have been regularly associated with the Bills selection in this poll.

Have at it!

I voted for Kuechly, i am not a big fan of taking a LB that high. Of course their are exceptions, but to me he does not scream can't miss/stud LB.

Somebody tell this man that Wood is our center. Also DeCastro would start Day 1 @ RG. Then you would have 3 outstanding interior linemen. Not saying I'm for DeCastro .... but he wouldn't be on anybody's "Depth Chart". he is going to start immediately.

Idk how you can be so in love in tannehill lol the bills will never pick him, I really dislike your draft :P no offense but I also don't know how people pick decastro over rieff.. so you'd rather have the bills draft reiff than castro? ROFL at least decastro is the most gaurented OL men this year. Better have him as a starter or back up to woods injury prone butt then have someone who might not even make it as a RT when we need a true LT

We could play him at RG? Or he could come in when wood goes down.. like he has.. the past 2 years. And after what we spent no we don't have the most caproom in the NFL. Actually.. we barley have more than the AFC east. We have a couple more million only actually. I really don't see us signin both lev and wood back, and if wood gets injured this year again why even sign him back? Half our oline gets injured almost every year you HAVE to take in account of injurys I don't get peoples logic... Pro bowl gaurd for the next 5 years or a reach at someone who mmight not even play T in this league? Id much rather have a starting pro bowl guard or starting center god for bid over someone whos gonna take time to develope who might not even develope

Don't get me wrong Decastro should be a stud.

It's more about value.

RG has got be the easiest OL position to find and fill.

Taking a RG at the #10 overall spot makes less sense than taking a punter at #10 overall.

Wood spent half of his career at RG and it looked like a wasted late first round pick because why would you take a RG in the first round?

By the way Urbik has played pretty well at RG.

So unless they plan on letting Wood walk (which wouldn't be smart) taking DeCastro is taking a player that doesn't give you a significant impact over the player you signed off of another teams practice squad.

What could the Buffalo Bills do with Decastro on the roster that they couldn't do with Urbik?

Edited by Why So Serious?