Bold Predictions for 2012

Here are my bold predictions for the 2012 season:

1. Mckelvin has a breakout year, mostly due in part of the tremendous pass rush the Bills will have and because he's in a contract year.

2. Tebow is the Jet's starting QB by week 9

3. Mark Anderson has more sacks than Mario

4. Peyton Manning will lead the Broncos to the AFC Championship game, while Luck struggles badly in Indy.

5. The Bills sweep the division

What say you?

No way to #4. Manning won't last to week 8.

The Bills will surely split with the AFCE at a minimum.

Bills get 10 wins on the season.

The NFC West !!!

SF 49ers - could be a tough team again - West coast game will be a loss. East coast favors the Bills

Seahawks - depend on Marshawn too much - West coast game may be a loss. East coast favors the Bills

Rams - should be no trouble for the Bills home or away

Cards - should be no trouble for the Bills home or away

No way to #4. Manning won't last to week 8.

The Bills will surely split with the AFCE at a minimum.

Bills get 10 wins on the season.

The NFC West !!!

SF 49ers - could be a tough team again - West coast game will be a loss. East coast favors the Bills

Seahawks - depend on Marshawn too much - West coast game may be a loss. East coast favors the Bills

Rams - should be no trouble for the Bills home or away

Cards - should be no trouble for the Bills home or away

You realize that the sites of the NFCW games are already decided, we are just waiting on the dates.

SF/AZ Away

StL/ SEA Home

2012 Home opponents

Jacksonville - Bills Win

Kansas City - Bills Win

St. Louis - Bills Win

Seattle - Bills Win

Tennessee - Bills Win

Away opponents

Arizona - Bills Win

Cleveland - Bills Win

Houston - Bills Lose

Indianapolis - Bills Win

San Francisco - Bills Lose

3W / 3 L AFCE

1. Mckelvin has a breakout year, mostly due in part of the tremendous pass rush the Bills will have and because he's in a contract year. I think McLovin's impact will come mainly as the nickle corner, as I certainly do not see him as a starter at this point. He will have to compete with Justin Rodgers who played well down the stretch last season. Maybe he will get a couple picks, but I just don't see him having a major impact. Hope I'm wrong.

2. Tebow is the Jet's starting QB by week 9. I would have to agree with this, however, I think that Sanchez will be the starter again by week 11.

3. Mark Anderson has more sacks than Mario You might be right, but for the sake of that huge contract, I hope Super Mario leads the team in sacks.

4. Peyton Manning will lead the Broncos to the AFC Championship game, while Luck struggles badly in Indy. I disagree with the Manning thing, and I'll wait until after the draft to make a prediction about Luck. See what kind of weapons they bring in to help him.

5. The Bills sweep the division. No way in hell.

What say you?

Could be 8-8, but 9-7 if things go right. 10-6 is pretty optimistic. Then, there have been some huge turnarounds in the NFL, as well as huge falls recently. although Chan's offense will be in year 3, Stach's defense will be in year one with new guys everywhere, not sure that will jell quickly, despite the massive influx of talent. Sometimes the systems win and loose, not the individuals. I want to be optimistic, but have been crushed to many times to drink that cool-aid anymore. Most I can do these days is hope for the best....and expect, well, who knows what. Buffalo has certainly changed the mix, and the new administration is moving, we can see.

Could be 8-8, but 9-7 if things go right. 10-6 is pretty optimistic. Then, there have been some huge turnarounds in the NFL, as well as huge falls recently. although Chan's offense will be in year 3, Stach's defense will be in year one with new guys everywhere, not sure that will jell quickly, despite the massive influx of talent. Sometimes the systems win and loose, not the individuals. I want to be optimistic, but have been crushed to many times to drink that cool-aid anymore. Most I can do these days is hope for the best....and expect, well, who knows what. Buffalo has certainly changed the mix, and the new administration is moving, we can see.

Way to go out on a limb.

1. Mckelvin has a breakout year, mostly due in part of the tremendous pass rush the Bills will have and because he's in a contract year.

4. Peyton Manning will lead the Broncos to the AFC Championship game, while Luck struggles badly in Indy.

3 is a stretch...Although one might see a lot of overcompensating on the other side to neutralize Mario and pressure to stop Dareus and Kyle leaving an opening. Interesting predicition.

I can go with the others as real possibilities in this order...4,5 (of course!)1, 2.

What say you?

1. I think you're dreaming on Leodis, but I have high hopes for Aaron Williams.

2. Too soon, but if the Jets are having another bad year and struggling for a wild card, he'll get the call somewhere around week 12-13.

3. Very possible IMO; Mario will see the double teams.

4. Not the boldest prediction. Manning struggled as a rookie on a crappy Colts team too. Denver should cruise to the AFCW title.

5. Pass the crack pipe.

My predictions:

1) The Bills will have more than 45 sacks in 2012.

2) RG3's career will look like Barry Sander's - He will play in twice as many pro-bowls as play-off games.

3) The Bills' play-off drought will end.

4) Peyton Manning is never 100% and is not a Bronco in 2013

Edited by cody

What say you?

Tebow will have everyone in New York City "Tebow-ing" before the end of the season.

Manning will be out with injuries half way through the year. Broncos collapse.

Merriman comes out of nowhere for double digit sacks this year.

Stevie Johnson does not pull his shirt up once....

Bills sweep division.

I'm going to say with a great deal of confidence, 10-6 and a wild-card spot. That is assuming tragedy doesn't strike Buffalo again this year in the form of injuries. As it is now, if Fitz were to get seriously hurt early, or Mario, or Dareus - any number of serious, season ending, injuries could really alter how things unwind this season.

But, if the Bills stay healthy - yes, I know Wanny is in his first year, but the success of a 4-3 greatly depends on the front 4, and Buffalo's is going to be good from the start. We've got professionals on that line, and there will be no shortage of effort and determination on their parts. Plus, Wannstedt has said he wants to set his players up so that they can just play fast, and not be encumbered by too much thinking. A guy like McKelvin could really blossom under those conditions. I think our linebackers will become much more noticeable, too - and in a good way.

Along with a much improved Defense, I think Chan will have more offensive weapons to work with - a healthy returning Easley, a WR or two in the draft, not to mention he'll have had an offseason to figure out how to better use Freddy and Spiller and Co. He knows what he can do, how to exploit the players, hopefully, better.

And, finally, the schedule is not so bad. I see us winning 10 or 11 of the games, if the leaked schedule is anywhere near accurate.

I have been having dreams of a Super Mario, Darius, Anderson collision with Brady almost every day for a month!

Maybe your problem is dreaming during the day. Try sleeping at night. However it is a good dream, specially if it comes true! :thumbsup:

Sorry, still not sold on the Bills Front Office or Coaching Staff; I see another below 500 season. They simply have no depth and cannot compete in the AFC East.

When I hear this I see someone that's been hurt and doesn't understand how much better this team really has become from years past.

i'm thinking we could really be challenging for the division this year. the additions that have been made in conjunction with the return of players lost to injury (or returning to full health after playing through injury) and hopefully some good solid picks in the draft...could be a really exciting season. these guys really seem to like their coach, each other and the community. and i think there were moments last year when the ralph was rockin' almost as hard as when it was rich stadium. if we can bring back that environment, that's not nothing.

1. Bills make the playoffs

2. Age finally catches up with the patriots as they collapse

3. We draft either the offensive or defensive rookie of the year

4. Stevie Johnson is a pro bowler

5. Mckelvin is beaten in camp by Rodgers and gets lost on the depth chart (happy trails)

6. Bills lead the league in sacks, have a top 5 defense

7. Bills have more than 3 pro bowlers

8. CJ spiller is named started towards the end of the season

9. Fitzpatrick throws less than 10 INT's

10. Bills draft 4/5 starters including WR, CB, LB, OT, QB(future)

Both Spiller and FJ Eclipse 1000 yards from Scrimmage

That was going to be mine. I'll also say:

- Scott Chandler will have double digit TDs.

- The Senator will be wrong (again) and the Bills will not go 19-0. Mercury Morris will once again pop some champagne and snort a pound of coke.

1. Bills go 11-5 ... Not joking; I really believe this.
  2. Rex Ryan versus Tim Tebow: Tebow wins; Ryan is gone at year's end.
  3. Byrd: At least 10 INTs, and a Pro Bowl year. He'll be by far the biggest beneficiery of our beefed-up line.
  4. Pats aren't as bad as others believe; we split with them. (not so bold)
  5. Our last game of the season won't matter in terms of us getting into the playoffs or not.

BA

When Perry was coaching the D, QB pressure (despite the lack of sacks) allowed for the Byrd man to rack up 9 INTs. Look for that again against some of the teams we're playing... NYJ, MIA, TEN, JAX, CLE, ARZ, SEA, KC. Byrd, Wilson, Flo, Williams, Rogers and Mclovin' all had INTs last season when QBs had ALL DAY AND THE DAY AFTER to complete a pass.

Now we're going back to the 4-3 with a vastly improved D-line. Bold prediction? We'll be a top 5 team in INTs.

2012 Home opponents

Jacksonville - Bills Win

Kansas City - Bills Win

St. Louis - Bills Win

Seattle - Bills Win

Tennessee - Bills Win

Away opponents

Arizona - Bills Win

Cleveland - Bills Win

Houston - Bills Lose

Indianapolis - Bills Win

San Francisco - Bills Lose