Why I think we must go Punter in the 1st round

Wasn't Janikowski a first round pick. I think Ray Guy might have also been a first round pick. So its not an impossible option. In our case I suspect we have some 24 other positions in worse need than punter or kicker...well..maybe not one of our defensive ends and one of our wide receivers...

Yep we need to emulate the Raiders. They are a blueprint to success.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize what we would have to give up? And you want to do all that for along snapper? Crazy!

While we would be giving up some things, one bad snap can ruin your season. Your 1st round draft choice punter might have to get hit or make a tackle and if we lose the punter it could mean a winless season. :devil:

Edited by VirginiaMike

We better not miss on that pick tho and take a guy that doesn't have the leg to change field position

I'm tellin ya, Bryan Anger out of Cal is that pick. I know Buddy doesn't really like Pac-10 players, but this is as much a can't miss punter as ever. If the Bills have to they should trade up with the Vikings to secure that we get him.

I'm tellin ya, Bryan Anger out of Cal is that pick. I know Buddy doesn't really like Pac-10 players, but this is as much a can't miss punter as ever. If the Bills have to they should trade up with the Vikings to secure that we get him.

I can't tell you how upset I would be with that pick. Furious. It would be maddening. I'd be beside myself. Just burning up. I can't think of the right word.

They should look at Rob Long from Syracuse. It would be a nice feel good story of an average college punter who got brain cancer coming back and living the dream of playing in the NFL, until his head explodes on a nasty tackle.

Trade up? Im sure we could move back to 15 and pick up an extra third ad still secure Anger

I can't tell you how upset I would be with that pick. Furious. It would be maddening. I'd be beside myself. Just burning up. I can't think of the right word.

They should look at Rob Long from Syracuse. It would be a nice feel good story of an average college punter who got brain cancer coming back and living the dream of playing in the NFL, until his head explodes on a nasty tackle.

Trade up? Im sure we could move back to 15 and pick up an extra third ad still secure Anger

If there's a punter out there with the name of Punter...well then...do what needs to be done to trade up and get him before any other team has some bright ideas.

You guys make me laugh. That's some corny ****.

It was a seriously long day and long week.

Needed a good chuckle. :thumbsup:

You guys make me laugh. That's some corny ****.

It was a seriously long day and long week.

Needed a good chuckle. :thumbsup:

lol well i think this thread is a welcome relief to many of us. Thinking of the draft is a bit nerve wracking. Exciting yes but so many what if scenarios.