Why I think we must go Punter in the 1st round

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, I like it. This is how you shake things up. Punter, Long Snapper, Kicker rds 1-3 and we would have one of the most dominant kicking departments in the greater western NY area.

Speical teams is 1/3 of the game. The Bills have been neglecting it long enough.

I'm not gonna watch another season that the Bills let a top punter go to opposing teams. If we don't draft a punter at 10 we'll end up with a mediocre punter at best in the second round.

Offense, Defense AND Special Teams...

Maybe your on to something...we don't have to wait until 4th down to punt do we?

LOL!!! With a first round punter we can punt on 2nd, 3rd down..... teams will never see it coming!!!!!!! It may be just what we need to get over the hump!!!!

Shouldn't joke about this as a punter taken in the first round would have been more valuable than several of our former first round picks:blink:

I can't argue about that -- who here would rather have Aaron Maybin than a franchise punter or long snapper. :worthy:

Maybe your on to something...we don't have to wait until 4th down to punt do we?

Excellent point. reduce the chance of a turnover and give mario a chance to up his sack total. :devil:

Didn't he throw a TD pass on a fake field goal a few years back?

Yes, but I'm too lazy right now to look up when it was.

EDIT: Okay, I looked it up....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80a96ae0/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Sneaky-Bills

There was another time (or maybe more than once) where he ran the ball for a first down instead of punting.

We need a guy who can kick, pass and run....and they're out there!

They are out there - you see them every year at halftime of the AFC and NFC Championship games as they receive their awards - they are broken into divisions based on age and gender. Normally I'd say we should target the winner of the boys over 12 division, but some of those girls are pretty good and the novelty of having a 12 year old girl on the team would certainly bring us some attention and sell merch and tickets.......

You know what, I like it. This is how you shake things up. Punter, Long Snapper, Kicker rds 1-3 and we would have one of the most dominant kicking departments in the greater western NY area.

Sadly, if we had drafted a "punt catcher" to replace the legendary Chris Watson, we might not have lost that 6-3 game to Cleveland a few years ago. Let's not make that mistake again.

While we're at it, let's draft a "kick-off watcher" who is able to watch kick-offs go through the end zone with a late lead against New England, rather than "pulling a McKelvin."