The Bills first two picks......

Simon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are not going to Trade up...They need picks...

And I'd rather have Cordy Glenn than Reiff or Martin...I think Glen is going to end up being the best LT outside of Kalil...I'm not sure Reiff will ever play LT in the NFL...And Martin is possibly a year or two away...Plus...Glenn can give you experienced Depth anywhere along the line... B-)

:thumbsup:

an ideal Bills draft scenario for me would be to trade down 10 spots picking up additional second rounder(pipe dream- every team wants to trade down)- select Cordy Glen in first, and draft Lavonte David and Sanu in second. 3 biggest needs covered and we could go BPA rest of draft

#10 - Michael Floyd

#41 - Alshon Jeffery

I really do not like a wr out of ND at 10, that has had some issues off the field.

But if Buddy and Chan like him, fine.

But then to go wr in the second again seems a little tough to swallow. The Bills have other glaring area's of need, and i would find it hard to believe there will not be players with similar 'grades' available in those areas. Couple this with the fact the Jeffrey struggled this year with his weight and production on the field, i do not like him in the second. And as one other poster mentioned, Buffalo is not the place for someone who lacks discipline in eating. Too much great food!!!

They Bills already have like 9 guys under contract at WR. And i know that does not mean much, but i think Chan believes his system can make a wr a star.

When you look at OT and LB, the Bills are in serious need of players.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

#10 - Michael Floyd

#41 - Alshon Jeffery

Seeing as this year is pretty deep as far as WR go i don't think we will go for 2 in the draft !!

Plus we still have Easley to check out & the other WR that they have brought back to see if they fit so 2 WR it ain't happening !!!!! :thumbdown:

The Bills are looking for a #2 receiver, not a #1 receiver. It doesn't matter that many on this board think Stevie J. isn't a #1 receiver...he's the guy, and we're looking for a #2. If you pick a WR at #10 and he's the second WR off the board, you're taking him to be your #1 receiver. I don't see the Bills in the market for that player.

Better fits are Randle, Sanu, McNutt, etc. in round 2-4.

As much as I'm not crazy about the pick, I think we're looking at either Reiff or Kuechly.

And there's NO way we go WR with first AND second picks. This isn't Madden.

So what's wrong with, say, a #1 and a #1A? Remember Bledsoe to Moulds and Price?

I'll take Nix at his word that he will take a Tackle at #10. He said 2 or 3 can play right away and unless those guys are taken before we pick, he'll take one of those guys. Seems like it's a really deep year for WR's and we have a lot of numbers at the WR position on the roster.

I'll take Nix at his word that he will take a Tackle at #10. He said 2 or 3 can play right away and unless those guys are taken before we pick, he'll take one of those guys. Seems like it's a really deep year for WR's and we have a lot of numbers at the WR position on the roster.

link?

The Bills are looking for a #2 receiver, not a #1 receiver. It doesn't matter that many on this board think Stevie J. isn't a #1 receiver...he's the guy, and we're looking for a #2. If you pick a WR at #10 and he's the second WR off the board, you're taking him to be your #1 receiver. I don't see the Bills in the market for that player.

As much as I'm not crazy about the pick, I think we're looking at either Reiff or Kuechly.

There's no crime in having two really good WRs. I don't understand your reasoning here. The Bills aren't selecting a guy in the 2nd Rd with the hopes that he can be a #1, 2, or 3 on the depth chart. Their taking a guy they hope can be a star. I'm sure the Falcons wouldn't have been mad if Julio Jones outperformed Roddy White last year.

That logic is just flawed all to hell. We should be looking for the best talent we can get at a position of need. If we had the opportunity to draft a Calvin Johnson do you turn him down because you are "all set" at the #1 WR position. NO! That would be ridiculous. (NO....I am not trying to say Floyd is anywhere near as good as Calvin Johnson.) Floyd is going to be a rookie. He will play where he gets put! If he pushes SJ for the #1 WR spot....FREAKING AWESOME! So much the better.

Focus on the fact that we need 2 starting caliber WRs. I don't care where they play or who is #1 or #2 or 1a and 1b it just flat out doesn't matter. We need two reliable guys that can play. As many coaches like to say that is a great problem to have.

Floyd is nowhere close to Calvin Johnson territory. Sure, if Calvin Johnson's there, you take him and your other receivers take on new roles, but Calvin Johnson isn't an option. And while I appreciate your point about having talented players on your roster to push each other, that player doesn't have to be the #10 pick. Heck, look at Stevie "7th round" Johnson who pushed Lee Evans out of a job.

I agree with you that we need two starting caliber WRs, but you can get a starting caliber WR in rounds 2-4 and he'll be an upgrade over David Nelson.

We'll debate the Round 1 pick (and probably picks 2-4) up until and after draft day. We have multiple needs, there are multiple talented players, and no "obvious" picks for us at any point in this draft. But the notion we'd take two receivers with the top two picks is just silly.

Edited by WickedGame

There's no crime in having two really good WRs. I don't understand your reasoning here. The Bills aren't selecting a guy in the 2nd Rd with the hopes that he can be a #1, 2, or 3 on the depth chart. Their taking a guy they hope can be a star. I'm sure the Falcons wouldn't have been mad if Julio Jones outperformed Roddy White last year.

I'm with you, I think they have to take who they consider to be elite or as close to it as they can get at 10. Floyd, if he's there, is probably the closest to an elite prospect that we'll get. Maybe Ingram, DeCastro or Coples make sense too thinking that way. I don't think that we wouldn't take the best player available because we paid Stevie wr1 money or anyone else really. Buddy has said time and again they'll stay true to their player value board unless 2 players have the same grade, so bpa atop that board at pick 10...

Floyd is nowhere close to Calvin Johnson territory. Sure, if Calvin Johnson's there, you take him and your other receivers take on new roles, but Calvin Johnson isn't an option. And while I appreciate your point about having talented players on your roster to push each other, that player doesn't have to be the #10 pick. Heck, look at Stevie "7th round" Johnson who pushed Lee Evans out of a job.

I agree with you that we need two starting caliber WRs, but you can get a starting caliber WR in rounds 2-4 and he'll be an upgrade over David Nelson.

We'll debate the Round 1 pick (and probably picks 2-4) up until and after draft day. We have multiple needs, there are multiple talented players, and no "obvious" picks for us at any point in this draft. But the notion we'd take two receivers with the top two picks is just silly.

MAN! Forum posters are so predictable! People really need to work on their reading comprehension.

PDaDdy, on 10 April 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

... (NO....I am not trying to say Floyd is anywhere near as good as Calvin Johnson.) ...

I knew somebody would try to make the ridiculous statement that I was comparing Floyd to Calvin Johnson, I addressed it beforehand to MAKE SURE nobody thinks I am trying to put them on the same level...AND STILL someone makes the statement. *sigh*

Let's forget all the you can get a starting player in round 'x' in the draft. Yes, it's all happened before. People have won the lottery so lets all go out and buy scratch off tickets instead of investing in our 401k because it's been done before!

The reality is that if you want quality and immediate impact you usually have to draft it early. We need a day 1 starter at WR and Floyd by all accounts can be that guy. There are some that are now whispering that Floyd could be the best WR in the draft. Why would we pass that up to get the second best LT in the draft especially considering the belief that there is a BIG drop off between Kalil and everyone else?

Edited by PDaDdy

I think Floyd is perfect for Chan's offense as Kelly ran the spread at ND. He is big, physical, can run after catch. Jeffrey is big and strong as well. Intriguing thought. It's hard to depend on Easley. After making the initial run at Robert Meachum, it's pretty obvious a big receiver is on the menu for Buddy. My fear is Floyd will be gone before the Bills pick.

Buddy did not say he will take a tackle at #10. Not even close. He merely said the Bills plan to bring in some competition at the tackle position. Yes, he did say he felt as though there were "2 or 3" guys capable of playing right away, but he also said there were several who could be ready in a year or two and that the Bills look at the OTs available in this draft "a little bit differently" than other teams/experts.

I believe the ONLY definitive statement you can make with respect to an OT is that if Kalil is sitting there at #10 the Bills would jump all over him. That's it.

I'm with you, I think they have to take who they consider to be elite or as close to it as they can get at 10. Floyd, if he's there, is probably the closest to an elite prospect that we'll get. Maybe Ingram, DeCastro or Coples make sense too thinking that way. I don't think that we wouldn't take the best player available because we paid Stevie wr1 money or anyone else really. Buddy has said time and again they'll stay true to their player value board unless 2 players have the same grade, so bpa atop that board at pick 10...

oops, forgot about a dre kirkpatrick or cb type pick with that 10..

an ideal Bills draft scenario for me would be to trade down 10 spots picking up additional second rounder(pipe dream- every team wants to trade down)- select Cordy Glen in first, and draft Lavonte David and Sanu in second. 3 biggest needs covered and we could go BPA rest of draft

That would be picture-perfect would it not? B-)

I do not understand your posts. This whole number 1,2,3 WR talk is pointless. "stevie pushed lee out of a job?" Players perform and whatever happens happens. If Floyd goes for 75 catches and Stevie does as well what does it matter? It wasn't a problem for Bruce and Holt, Julio and Roddy, Reed and Lofton and a million other examples. So we shouldn't take Floyd because he might turn into a #1 ? Boy that would bad huh?

I think Floyd is perfect for Chan's offense as Kelly ran the spread at ND. He is big, physical, can run after catch. Jeffrey is big and strong as well. Intriguing thought. It's hard to depend on Easley. After making the initial run at Robert Meachum, it's pretty obvious a big receiver is on the menu for Buddy. My fear is Floyd will be gone before the Bills pick.

Exactly my biggest fear on that one. There are certainly other guys I would be fine with having but after his pro day Floyd might be just out of reach.

I agree, but there is some deep quality to this year's WR class. I think we can pick up a quality receiver in round 2, but I really would like us to draft Floyd.

There really isn't a #1 and #2 receiver. Every team has two receivers and one happens to be better than the other so gets more throws.

Wouldn't it be an advantage to have another receiver as good or better than Stevie? A team can never have too many weapons.

I do not understand your posts. This whole number 1,2,3 WR talk is pointless. "stevie pushed lee out of a job?" Players perform and whatever happens happens. If Floyd goes for 75 catches and Stevie does as well what does it matter? It wasn't a problem for Bruce and Holt, Julio and Roddy, Reed and Lofton and a million other examples. So we shouldn't take Floyd because he might turn into a #1 ? Boy that would bad huh?

+1