Greg Williams ...caught on tape....

Isn't it convenient that the Gregg Williams audio was released the very day that Roger Goodell was to review the Saints suspensions for the bounty program? Almost like he needed to validate his reasons to the public why he won't reduce their punishments. Does he really need to?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Goodell was the one releasing this audio. It was captured by a third party making a documentary. I assume he or she released it. Maybe Goodell and the NFL pressured the owner of the audio to release it today, though. It wouldn't surprise me.

I wouldn't ever set out to hurt anyone deliberately unless it was, you know, important

-Dick Butkus

I think everyone would condone hard, violent, play.

But how do you feel about a cheap shot to take someone's knee out?

Greg(g) Williams was instructing his players to take out an ACL… to take out their ankles.

I was a little skeptical about this whole thing, but damn, that's pretty bad. He'll never coach in the NFL again.

I still think Payton's suspension is far too severe and should be reduced.

I also don't think players should be punished for this beyond fines. They were simply doing what their boss told them to do. To refuse, is to lose a multi-million dollar a year job...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

after hearing that i wonder was it edited some?

I mean Williams sounds crazy, half sentences, repeats himself like Rainman, very strange.

Think maybe he has been hit in the head a few times and wants others to feel his pain?

Seriously, this goes against everything the NFL is very publicly trying to stop- 'Head Shots'. 'Cut off the head and the body dies'.

Not to mention taking out guys knees.

If Goodell doesn't throw Williams out of the league for ever, he is allowing a huge liability to be involved.

Isn't it convenient that the Gregg Williams audio was released the very day that Roger Goodell was to review the Saints suspensions for the bounty program? Almost like he needed to validate his reasons to the public why he won't reduce their punishments. Does he really need to?

You are obviously at this point in time making an assumption on who released the audio. It does not matter who or when it gets released anyhow. It was released to the public and it is what it is. For many it will be quite educational, and this type of insight is long overdue.

Apparently the video was shot by a pretty well-known documentary film maker.

His act of betraying the Saints for allowing him access is very curious on many levels.

It was shot by the same director who did Run, Ricky Run for ESPN's 30 for 30 series. He does a little bit of gonzo journalism where he sometimes makes himself the story as opposed to the subject he's shooting so I'm definitely not surprised he decided to release this.

It was shot by the same director who did Run, Ricky Run for ESPN's 30 for 30 series. He does a little bit of gonzo journalism where he sometimes makes himself the story as opposed to the subject he's shooting so I'm definitely not surprised he decided to release this.

Nevertheless it has to have some negative effect on his future access because it was an act of betrayal.

For instance, if you were considering hiring Hank Haney as your swing coach, would you bring him over to your house and give him complete access to your life? Tiger Woods certainly wishes he hadn't.

The same goes for this guy.

In addition, what do you make of the timing of the video release?

after hearing that i wonder was it edited some?

I mean Williams sounds crazy, half sentences, repeats himself like Rainman, very strange.

Think maybe he has been hit in the head a few times and wants others to feel his pain?

Seriously, this goes against everything the NFL is very publicly trying to stop- 'Head Shots'. 'Cut off the head and the body dies'.

Not to mention taking out guys knees.

If Goodell doesn't throw Williams out of the league for ever, he is allowing a huge liability to be involved.

It certainly sounded edited, but it was all from the same speech. I would guess it was edited to remove parts that weren't "interesting" in regards to the bounty issue. Edited for time, not content.

It certainly sounded edited, but it was all from the same speech. I would guess it was edited to remove parts that weren't "interesting" in regards to the bounty issue. Edited for time, not content.

The article itself quotes the director as saying it was because he was shooting with two different cameras.

Plausible, at least.