2012 Buffalo Bills schedule leak

zow2

Goodell announced a few weeks ago that every team will host a primetime game this year. On this schedule it only has us playing road primetime games, but i wouldnt be shocked if we have to go to new england for another primetime game. We never get to host anyone from the afc east in primetime. They always skrew us and make us travel to our foes for primetime..doesnt help that we havent won a home primetime game in a million years

Not true on many fronts. Hosting primetime wasn't promised. Each team will be stuck on a Thursday was promised. Further we played the cowboys on Monday night and wasn't the last Monday vs the pats also at home.

Ps buffalo has requested out of Monday night home games due to the out of control fans last I heard.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true on many fronts. Hosting primetime wasn't promised. Each team will be stuck on a Thursday was promised. Further we played the cowboys on Monday night and wasn't the last Monday vs the pats also at home.

Ps buffalo has requested out of Monday night home games due to the out of control fans last I heard.

The Patriots Monday game was the home opener for N.E. and yes the NFL did gaurantee at least one non-Sunday game for all 32 teams. And yes, us the fans are extra, extra rowdy for home night games!

If this were a true schedule, I see us finishing 10-6 or 11-5, realistically. Very friendly schedule. The only games I don't see us able to win are San Fran, Houston, splitting the Jets and Patriots games, and maybe losing to Seattle or Tennessee. That's 5 or 6 losses. I don't see any other games, realistically, that we SHOULDN'T win. I'd love that schedule!

I would be surprised if this is how the schedule will turn out.

First off, the second game of Week 1's Monday Night Doubleheader is Oakland Vs. Tampa Bay. The fans in Florida would be up past 1 am. I doubt this stays the same.

Also the majority of the Monday Night Football schedule is terrible: Redskins Vs. Bengals? Vikings Vs. Titans? Also, not one Monday Night Game for the 49'ers?

I also would be shocked if the Bills had to travel to SF on a short week. I expect that to change.

Week 1 is probably the most accurate, although I think that Oakland-Tampa Bay game is a bad idea.

3 December games at home?

:thumbdown: I think the Bills will have one or two 4 pm home games. 3 December games?

We did have the same way last season...So wouldn't be surprised.

Like ganesh pointed out, just last year we had three home games in December...

13 Sun December 4 Tennessee Titans

15 Sun December 18 Miami Dolphins

16 Sat December 24 Denver Broncos

Since the 2000 season, it also happened in 2002, 2006, and 2009 (if you add in the Week 17 January game).

i saw a rumor that the week 15 jets game was at toronto. that would be an ultimate slap in the face.

They played the Jets at Toronto in 2009 in the regular season, Thursday night game if I remember correctly.

i know this schedule is fake, but enlighten me:

this year, we will be hosting the seahawks.

in 2008, we hosted the seahawks.

when do we travel to seattle?

i was under the impression interconference matchups alternated home sites every 4 years?

seems odd.

Since the 2000 season, it also happened in 2002, 2006, and 2009 (if you add in the Week 17 January game).

I thought my sarcasm was obvious when I wrote this:

Yeah, that would never happen! The NFL would never screw us like that.

I knew they just did it last year. And, actually, as Cowgirlsfan pointed out, it is a positive if we're in the hunt. But, it's a nightmare for the ticket office (and our rep) when we are out of it, and playing three scrubs in December.

They played the Jets at Toronto in 2009 in the regular season, Thursday night game if I remember correctly.

That's right!! I had to take a Bills like

colored shirt to go over my work clothes

to wear to the Bills Backers Cafe after I

got off work that night.

i was under the impression interconference matchups alternated home sites every 4 years?

seems odd.

You are correct.

However in 2010 the NFL made a ruling regarding NFL teams playing against teams in the AFC/NFC West divisions. When a specific division is scheduled to play the entire West division, the teams will only travel once to the Pacific coast. Strength of schedule games being the one exception.

Example: last season the Bills were originally scheduled to play road games in San Diego & Oakland. Due to this new ruling the Bills traveled to San Diego and Kansas City, and Oakland traveled to Buffalo.

From now on when teams play the AFC West they will have road games against Kansas City/San Diego or Denver/Oakland.

If they play the NFC West they will have road games against Arizona/San Francisco or Saint Louis/ Seattle.

It is a strange rule, but that's how they want it.

Chiefs, Jags, or Rams.

The Blue Jays play the Yankees at home on Sunday, 09/30. So if this leaked schedule is correct, the Chief’s game is definitely going to be played at the Ralph.

I’m not a baseball fan. Couldn’t even tell you who won the World Series last year. But my brother-in-law, who is a fan, says the Blue Jays are going to be serious contenders this coming season. So that would seem to rule out an October game in Toronto. I doubt the NFL would put itself in a position where they had to move a game because of the American League playoffs or the World Series.

So that leaves either the season opener with the Seahawks on September 9 when the Jays are in Boston. Or a November or December game in Toronto. Most likely the Rams or Titans if you don’t to play want a divisional opponent north of the border.

I’m not a baseball fan. Couldn’t even tell you who won the World Series last year. But my brother-in-law, who is a fan, says the Blue Jays are going to be serious contenders this coming season. So that would seem to rule out an October game in Toronto. I doubt the NFL would put itself in a position where they had to move a game because of the American League playoffs or the World Series.

The first two years (08, 09) the game was in December, in '10 it was in November, and last year was the "earliest" on October 30th.

What's crazy are the amount of "running" teams the Bills will be facing...

Running...

Seahawks

Jets (2)

Chiefs

Jaguars

49ers

Browns

Rams

Titans

Pure passing...

Patriots (2)

Colts

Inbetween...

Cardinals

Dolphins (2)

Texans

This run heavy schedule makes me start to want the Bills to draft Luke Kuechly at #10, or maybe even Cox for a three man rotation at DT.

Edited by 1billsfan

I feel like we say that every year.

No - we've had a few that looked bad going in. Going in to last year the schedule looked tough, and the Bengals improved.

The only complaint I'd have about the timing of this one is the bye coming too early.

I'll say this much - it's a good year to catch the AFC South (you wouldn't trade them for the North or West, would you?), and the Browns look like a good 4th place team to get - they are way behind the other 3 teams in the North. The NFC West has improved some but it's still pretty bad.

Put another way - if you had to pick two divisions to match up with, NFC West and AFC South would probably be the two. (NFC South is probably the 3rd choice?)

Or for those of you who think it's all about the QB - Fitz is just an average QB, but how many teams on this schedule have better ones? Brady we're stuck with obviously - but who's the second best? Schaub? Cassell? a rookie Andrew Luck? Alex Smith? Locker/Hasselbeck? Gabbert? Kolb? Flynn/Jackson? Sam Bradford? Sanchez/Tebow? Matt Moore (or Tannehill)? Almost every team on this list has QB issues: Rookies or unproven 2nd year guys, QB's coming back from injuries, and/or actual questions about who the starters will even be.

Edited by BobChalmers

seems odd.

It was already explained why, but as for when, the Bills last played in Seattle in 2004. Interesting was they also played at Seattle in 1999 and 2000. That was as far back as I looked.

2 prime time games and both on the road? That would be outragous

If you consider Toronto an away game, in 2009 the Bills had two on the road Prime Time games (NE 9/14, Jets 12/3). In 2007, we had two home Prime Time games (Dallas 10/8, NE 11/18). For the last true on the road Prime Time games was 2003 (Miami 9/21, KC 10/26). Most years we only got one or none Prime Time games.