Nick Fairley arrested for marijuana possession

papazoid

It’s been a bad week for the Lions.

A day after 2011 second-round draft pick Mikel Leshoure made the wrong kind of headlines for, among other things, allegedly treating “wacky tobacky” like chewing tobacco, 2011 first-round pick Nick Fairley has been arrested for marijuana possession.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/nick-fairley-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it disturbing that we don't treat marijuana use and/or possession as serious as other narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, PCP, Ecstasy, etc....sorry, but nothing is going to change my mind that marijuana is a serious threat to the good people of this great nation!!

I find it disturbing that we don't treat marijuana use and/or possession as serious as other narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, PCP, Ecstasy, etc....sorry, but nothing is going to change my mind that marijuana is a serious threat to the good people of this great nation!!

You can't believe that marijuana is any worse than alcohol or tobacco? I would argue that alcohol is much worse.

I assume this is sarcasm and laugh right along with you.

Beginning to feel a little bad for the Lions. Soon as they become relevant again they get this reputation as a dirty team. And now all these arrests? It's like the fans can't even get one year of positivity from their team.

You can't believe that marijuana is any worse than alcohol or tobacco? I would argue that alcohol is much worse.

I believe that alcohol ABUSE is just as bad as marijuana USE...but while a single beer or two "can" impair your ability, for most people it won't have much of an effect...but generally, ONE hit of marijuana does impair one's ability to do basic things such as drive....and I realize this may bring alot of debate in a sports forum, but I do strongly believe NY state law is not nearly as aggressive as it should be....the DWI laws have gotten significantly more punitive, as they should, but marijuana laws have gone the other way; meanwhile, synthetic marijuana and bath salts were just outlawed in NYS, although synthetic marijuana has been illegal on the federal level since the DEA passed a law in December 2010 but had to be federally enforced...and I'm all for criminalizing synthetic marijuana and abuse of bath salts, but then we don't enhance the marijuana laws, that's what I have a problem with. We can debate all night long, and we all have our reasons for our opinions, but that's mine: marijuana laws should be tougher and greater emphasis on prevention than treatment.

I assume this is sarcasm and laugh right along with you.

Beginning to feel a little bad for the Lions. Soon as they become relevant again they get this reputation as a dirty team. And now all these arrests? It's like the fans can't even get one year of positivity from their team.

Sorry man, but it's not sarcasm, it's truly how I feel...as for feeling sorry for the Lions, not so much the team but their fans...fans can't control who the Lions' FO drafts, but the FO might want to start digging a little deeper and spending more time on the interview process when they draft their players, and oh, I dunno...a random urine screen or two?? That might prevent an arrest....and before we get into a legal debate about how a team can drug screen a player, most of us had to pass a drug test for employment at one time or another, and it should be stipulated in their contracts that random urine screens will be conducted throughout the year....

I believe that alcohol ABUSE is just as bad as marijuana USE...but while a single beer or two "can" impair your ability, for most people it won't have much of an effect...but generally, ONE hit of marijuana does impair one's ability to do basic things such as drive....and I realize this may bring alot of debate in a sports forum, but I do strongly believe NY state law is not nearly as aggressive as it should be....the DWI laws have gotten significantly more punitive, as they should, but marijuana laws have gone the other way; meanwhile, synthetic marijuana and bath salts were just outlawed in NYS, although synthetic marijuana has been illegal on the federal level since the DEA passed a law in December 2010 but had to be federally enforced...and I'm all for criminalizing synthetic marijuana and abuse of bath salts, but then we don't enhance the marijuana laws, that's what I have a problem with. We can debate all night long, and we all have our reasons for our opinions, but that's mine: marijuana laws should be tougher and greater emphasis on prevention than treatment.

Sorry man, but it's not sarcasm, it's truly how I feel...as for feeling sorry for the Lions, not so much the team but their fans...fans can't control who the Lions' FO drafts, but the FO might want to start digging a little deeper and spending more time on the interview process when they draft their players, and oh, I dunno...a random urine screen or two?? That might prevent an arrest....and before we get into a legal debate about how a team can drug screen a player, most of us had to pass a drug test for employment at one time or another, and it should be stipulated in their contracts that random urine screens will be conducted throughout the year....

Welp, then there is nothing to debate, only thing to say is "You are dead wrong".

I was fully expecting this to be an ieatcrayonz post. Now I'm unsure if you're trolling or not.

Ive tried both and there is little doubt in my mind that alcohol (outside of red wine) has only negative effects , while I can see some positive effects of weed. It's time.