Nick Fairley arrested for marijuana possession

papazoid

Look my friend, we are all Bills fans here, no one wants to make you feel stupid, least of all me, ok? I don't go around insulting people, especially on a MB.

But I have a SERIOUS problem with people who actually believe that cig companies need to do ANYTHING to cigarettes to make them either more addictive or more harmful than they are already. Poisons added? Really, care to enlighten me?

Fact is, there are over 3000 chemicals naturally occuring in tobacco, or are produced when the leaf is combusted that are dangerous. It is silly to think that companies add nicotine to cigarettes purposely, or somehow after the fact. Nicotine is one of the most dangerous chemicals in any laboratory, and is quite expensive. The cost of adding a small amount to cigarettes that are sold to the public would result in a product that is cost prohibative and exceedingly dangerous to produce.

Just because you buy into the negative hype, does not make it a 'fact'...

You think all cigarettes are simply cut and rolled tobacco in a paper? See Dr's link, you have a lot to learn about this subject.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think all cigarettes are simply cut and rolled tobacco in a paper? See Dr's link, you have a lot to learn about this subject.

of course there are additives, few consumer product are purified forms of anything. My point, which has apparently been missed, is that there is no sinister plot to make cigarettes more addictive or harmful. Trust me, they are plenty harmful and addictive without any secret plan to make them so.

I am willing to bet that I am infinitely more knowledgable about the testing and manufacture of tobacco products than 90% of this board. I'm not trying to be a smartass, it's part of my job to know these things. Anyone want to take a wild guess where that listing the good Dr. referenced originiated?