Remember this name on draft day...

Kaenon

Miles Burris.

From SDSU, this kid is prime.

Sorry to have posted no information but his name before.

I have a couple of good friends who go to SDSU and for the last couple of years have been raving about this linebacker there, Miles Burris.

Burris pic: http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~cba/news-online/11-Sept/Burris.jpg

Burris is a linebacker from California (6-2, 245) who played for SDSU.

As a junior, Burris was named to the all-MWC first team while also being the Mountain West's sack and tackles-for-a-loss leader (2010). He recorded team-leading totals in tackles (80), tackles for a loss (20) and sacks (9.5).

Leading into the 2011 campaign in what was his senior year, Burris was the fourth Aztec to be named to the preseason Lombardi Watch list which includes current Bills' linebacker, Kirk Morrison (2003 and 2004).

As an FYI, the annual Rotary Lombardi Award honors the top lineman in the Football Bowl Subdivision. Eligibility for the award is limited to down linemen, end-to-end, either on offense or defense, who set up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball, or linebackers who set up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage.

On to 2011: Burris was once again selected to the All-Mountain West Conference First Team for a second straight year (voters include the eight head coaches and a select media panel). He is the first Aztec to do so since, you guessed it, Kirk Morrison (2002-2004).

The senior leads the Aztecs in tackles (72), tackles for loss (19.0), sacks (8.0) and fumble recoveries (3). He ranks eighth in the country in tackles for a loss (1.58/g), tied for 19th in fumble recoveries (0.25/g) and tied for 32nd in sacks (0.67/g). Burris has at least 0.5 tackles for a loss in 18 of the past 19 games. - San Diego State football

Misc. points: he was captain of the Aztecs his senior year, he is a four-time MWC all-academic honoree and was the SDSU student-athlete of the year in 2010 and 2011.

The kid is bright, he's fast, explosive and physical.

For the YouTube lovers, I have a link below to some highlights.

ENJOY TWO BILLS DRIVE!

P.S. Note all his reverse stops! I feel like the Bills got killed on many reverses in 2010 and 2011, this kids got it down.

Edited by Kaenon

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miles Burris.

From SDSU, this kid is prime.

Please come with more than that. Now I need to google this dude to see what impresses you so. If you woulda done that for me and provided a link, I would have appreciated it greatly.

Sorry to have posted no information but his name before.

I have a couple of good friends who go to SDSU and for the last couple of years have been raving about this linebacker there, Miles Burris.

Burris pic: http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/~cba/news-online/11-Sept/Burris.jpg

Burris is a linebacker from California (6-2, 245) who played for SDSU.

As a junior, Burris was named to the all-MWC first team while also being the Mountain West's sack and tackles-for-a-loss leader (2010). He recorded team-leading totals in tackles (80), tackles for a loss (20) and sacks (9.5).

Leading into the 2011 campaign in what was his senior year, Burris was the fourth Aztec to be named to the preseason Lombardi Watch list which includes current Bills' linebacker, Kirk Morrison (2003 and 2004).

As an FYI, the annual Rotary Lombardi Award honors the top lineman in the Football Bowl Subdivision. Eligibility for the award is limited to down linemen, end-to-end, either on offense or defense, who set up no farther than 10 yards to the left or right of the ball, or linebackers who set up no farther than five yards deep from the line of scrimmage.

On to 2011: Burris was once again selected to the All-Mountain West Conference First Team for a second straight year (voters include the eight head coaches and a select media panel). He is the first Aztec to do so since, you guessed it, Kirk Morrison (2002-2004).

The senior leads the Aztecs in tackles (72), tackles for loss (19.0), sacks (8.0) and fumble recoveries (3). He ranks eighth in the country in tackles for a loss (1.58/g), tied for 19th in fumble recoveries (0.25/g) and tied for 32nd in sacks (0.67/g). Burris has at least 0.5 tackles for a loss in 18 of the past 19 games. - San Diego State football

Misc. points: he was captain of the Aztecs his senior year, he is a four-time MWC all-academic honoree and was the SDSU student-athlete of the year in 2010 and 2011.

The kid is bright, he's fast, explosive and physical.

For the YouTube lovers, I have a link below to some highlights.

ENJOY TWO BILLS DRIVE!

P.S. Note all his reverse stops! I feel like the Bills got killed on many reverses in 2010 and 2011, this kids got it down.

Edited by Kaenon

This guy is not Danny Batten...

I've never liked Batten

Good edit. Don't totally hang the Danny Batten thing on him. I was just saying their write-ups seemed similar. Maybe this guy IS worth a look.

I can't cut paste on the iPad, but I read a few bios. Fast. Nasty. Some pass rush ability. He's a LB btw and he's worth a look as a Danny Batten kind of guy.

I guess you guys didn't watch any of Burris' video.

If you did, those names wouldn't be coming to your minds.

This guy is an exceptional athlete with a non-stop motor.

Not only does his tape show very well but his times from the combine and his pro day are very exceptional.

And he plays much faster than he times.

I don't think I've ever seen a linebacker run down more plays in backside pursuit.