Sean Payton asks Bill Parcells to serve as interim HC

Punch

Don't think it says anything about the others on staff, its a one year fill-in job. Theres very little chance that the Saints turn around and fire Payton and keep the replacement in because they had a great season. This way you don't have to promote someone to HC for 1 year, then turn around and demote them back and remove whomever they brought in to fill in for the guy who was promoted.

Personally, I think in this case the league should not let the Saints bring in anyone as a replacement and make the rest of the coaches work together to fill the HC duties. What kind of punishment is the team really receiving if they are allowed to bring in someone for one season (position might be attractive to the top guys who are retired and don't want the job full time) to replace a guy who was punished? If the league really wants to set a precedence and punish the team, they should be the ones to name the fill-in Head Coach, "New orleans Saints, the NFL would like to announce your interim Head Coach for the 2012 season, former head coach Dick Jauron! Also, to fill in for the suspended GM for 8 Games, please give a round of applause for your interim GM for the draft and 8 games this season, Former Lions GM, Mr. Matt Millen!"

I agree. If you want the punishment to really mean something, the Saints should have to make do with what they've got on staff. This isn't a sabbatical.

if i where the saints i would shop around brees. they don't have the money to exited/resign him anyways, hence the tag. you could grab at least 3 firsts and a 2nd, if the market sets carson palmer at 2 firsts and change, then brees is worth at least 3 and change. i find a new gm. let that gm find a new hc. new orleans is an attractive destination with 2 first round picks for the next 3 years.

of course wait until next offseason to see what is available, no reason to be hasty. take this year and take your lumps. you can easily rebuild with that many picks. in fact if i am buffalo i would send 3 firsts there way and help the process

if i where the saints i would shop around brees. they don't have the money to exited/resign him anyways, hence the tag. you could grab at least 3 firsts and a 2nd, if the market sets carson palmer at 2 firsts and change, then brees is worth at least 3 and change. i find a new gm. let that gm find a new hc. new orleans is an attractive destination with 2 first round picks for the next 3 years.

of course wait until next offseason to see what is available, no reason to be hasty. take this year and take your lumps. you can easily rebuild with that many picks. in fact if i am buffalo i would send 3 firsts there way and help the process

And that right there is why you will never be an NFL GM. No team in their right mind would consider trading a guy who just set the NFL single season passing record, not a chance

Consideration of Parcells to be voted in and inducted into the Pro Football HOF would also be set back by 5 years if he accepts.<br><br><br><br>Something tells me that Pacells and Brees would butt heads big time!!!<br>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Now if Payton AND GM Mickey Loomis are both suspended, how is it that either one of them can still be making personnel decisions? :unsure:

I don't think Loomis' suspension begins until September.

Personally, I can't believe they haven't looked into hiring Mike Leach on an interim basis. Then again, Payton might never get his job back if they did that.

GO BILLS!!!

And that right there is why you will never be an NFL GM. No team in their right mind would consider trading a guy who just set the NFL single season passing record, not a chance

they cant afford to sign him to the contract he wants. is it better to play with brees this year with an interim hc, half a gm, and a suspended assistant hc. this is assuming that brees wants to stay with the organization. i would be willing to bet he does not want to stay given the issues, finding a new hc, and new gm.

whats your solution?

I don't think Loomis' suspension begins until September.

Personally, I can't believe they haven't looked into hiring Mike Leach on an interim basis. Then again, Payton might never get his job back if they did that.

GO BILLS!!!

:lol:

I'm sure they would have, 'cept that 'The Pirate' has found a new port in Pullman...

Link -College Football 2012: Mike Leach's Return Is Great for the Game

post-2970-073794500 1332799766_thumb.jpg

they cant afford to sign him to the contract he wants. is it better to play with brees this year with an interim hc, half a gm, and a suspended assistant hc. this is assuming that brees wants to stay with the organization. i would be willing to bet he does not want to stay given the issues, finding a new hc, and new gm.

whats your solution?

I'm willing to bet youre very wrong.

I agree. If you want the punishment to really mean something, the Saints should have to make do with what they've got on staff. This isn't a sabbatical.

This whole thing is such a sham....

Peyton Attends the NFL Owners Meeting....Why?

Peyton wants to name his interim Coach ...Why ?

And Peter King wants Peyton to be a TV broadcaster....and as a side can recoup a big portion of the lost 5.8M dollars. Isn't that a shame...

whats your solution?

You find a way to make it work. There are lots of ways to make a contract work. You cannot let Brees go. That would be the dumbest thing they could do

You find a way to make it work. There are lots of ways to make a contract work. You cannot let Brees go. That would be the dumbest thing they could do

what if he wants out? do you shop him? my point is predicated on that, and only substantiated on the fact they can't actually afford him.

what if he wants out? do you shop him? my point is predicated on that, and only substantiated on the fact they can't actually afford him.

Well, the issue seems not to be total dollars but structure. They both seem to agree on 18 or so a year but brees wants a lot front loaded(mirrors manning in case of injury), they want it more level/raising with the cap(mirror Brady, for sanity sake). If that is true then the gap isn't that large really. Condon is notorious for pushing these as far as he can. Further, there's no indication he wants out. He's royalty in the city, and seems to really love it and the empire he's building here. Every indication is this is just some tough business in an otherwise solid relationship. A lot would have to happen to get to where drew left.

Loomis saying his job depends on signing brees speaks volumes to his confidence in completing the deal

Its March. Brees has given zero indication he doesn't want to be there. They will get a deal done, you wold be crazy and get fired real quick if you traded him for some picks