Power Rankings?

Rubes

Carolina is 18?! Titans 16? What have the Titans done to improve?

I agree the Patriots will have a better offense with Lloyd, but I cannot understand how they will improve with the loss of the linemen, the problems that were exposed last year, and the fact that their offense will not be able to do anything. I would put them top 8 for sure, maybe top 5. I can't see enough balance on that team to take them that high-predraft.

I'm surprised we're that high, honestly. Hopefully this is the year we prove the doubters wrong. :lol:

Why would you be surprised we're that high? We signed one of the biggest free-agents of the off-season in our primary area of need and yet only moved up one spot.

Buffalo at #23, FWIW

Hard to believe ESPN is that desperate for material, but there it is.

this is a train wreck. my favorite:

8. Broncos (8-8) If healthy, Peyton Manning should lift all of the Broncos' boats. We've already got them as tops in the division and they'll still be adding pieces around him. (Kuharsky)

i'd think if you're a professional writer, you'd at least try to butcher a good horse reference (If healthy, Peyton'll ride 'em hard and put 'em away wet!"). I get nothing with Peyton, Broncos and boats.

Why would you be surprised we're that high? We signed one of the biggest free-agents of the off-season in our primary area of need and yet only moved up one spot.

Because we're the Bills.

No playoffs in 12 years.

We've shown nothing *on the field* to prove that we are a good football team.

Hopefully this will be the year where that all changes. :)

Because we're the Bills.

No playoffs in 12 years.

We've shown nothing *on the field* to prove that we are a good football team.

Hopefully this will be the year where that all changes. :)

Coming from behind and beating the Pats and Raiders is the mark of a bad football team? Being 1st in your division at the halfway mark of the season screams "sucks?" We faded at the end but he hardly showed "nothing."

PTR

Coming from behind and beating the Pats and Raiders is the mark of a bad football team? Being 1st in your division at the halfway mark of the season screams "sucks?" We faded at the end but he hardly showed "nothing."

PTR

Good teams finish better than 6-10.

Trust me, I *loved* the first half of last season, and thought we played great. But you have to look at the season as a whole. We finished 6-10 and played more disappointing games than impressive games. Until we can *finish* a season with a winning record, we aren't going to get a whole lot of respect. I don't understand what's so surprising about that.

Now, I understand that it is the Bills, but c'mon, that is complete and uter favoritism.

Carolina goes 6-10, does practically nothing in FA, and move up 5 spots? Which makes some sense considering the Saints problems, but cmon 5 spots? Atlanta looks to still be competitive in the division and so does Tampa Bay with their FA signings.

Chefs finish 7-9, re sign Bowe and sign Brady Quinn, and move up 5 spots?

The Bengals, for no particular reason, drop 8 spots? I mean the Saints lost their freaking head coach and drop 9 spots, what the hell did the bengals do to deserve that? Its not like anyone else in the AFC North made big moves in FA that would warrant that kind of drop.

AFC East blogger James Walker did have the Bills listed as 16, but I can't imagine what the other writers had the Bills at to average out at 23. I mean, if your going to do a power ranking based on FA moves and off season so far, the Bills, who made one of the BIGGEST FA moves in 2012, should have moved up a bit more than 2 spots. Certainly ahead of Seatle and Arizona.

PTR

Promo,

Dorkington has firmly established himself as our resident naysayer, and there's no sense arguing. He has simply chosen to take the position that nothing matters until the Bills are a playoff team, and refuses to be optimistic about anything they do. I just don't understand why folks like that continue to post; you'd think they have something better to do.

Promo,

Dorkington has firmly established himself as our resident naysayer, and there's no sense arguing. He has simply chosen to take the position that nothing matters until the Bills are a playoff team, and refuses to be optimistic about anything they do. I just don't understand why folks like that continue to post; you'd think they have something better to do.

If this team can stay reasonably healthy (plenty of missed games, but No killer IR listings), you really have to like them in 2012. Get your popcorn ready. Assuming no killer IR listings, this probably is the turnaround year. Get your tickets.

If this team can stay reasonably healthy (plenty of missed games, but No killer IR listings), you really have to like them in 2012. Get your popcorn ready. Assuming no killer IR listings, this probably is the turnaround year. Get your tickets.

This is what I tell myself every year...

No reason not to get my hopes up this year again though! :beer:

Good teams finish better than 6-10.

Trust me, I *loved* the first half of last season, and thought we played great. But you have to look at the season as a whole. We finished 6-10 and played more disappointing games than impressive games. Until we can *finish* a season with a winning record, we aren't going to get a whole lot of respect. I don't understand what's so surprising about that.

Couldn't agree more. Good football teams do not lose seven straight games. They do not disappear when adversity strikes. They rise to the occasion.

PTR

You judge a team by its total record, not its half way record. Losing 8 out of the last 9 games certainly doesn't demonstrate excellence. There are jack rabbit runners in a marathon who lead the pack after three miles. Ultimately, the runners get ranked by how they finished the whole race.

I get a kick out of the national media's continued misplaced respect for the paper army of the Philadelphia Eagles.

They have a four alarm dumpster fire of a year in 2011 and add a linebacker with a busted (completely busted, not injured, but torn) Achilles tendon and give a big contract to a tiny receiver with two concussions already in the tank.

But...I'm sure these guys play well on Madden so it has to be accurate in real life.