TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for those 48% who thought that divine will was involved in the Broncos run, I wonder what they think now. Did god take a weekend off? Perhaps god found some fault with tebow and the broncos and decided they weren't worthy of winning? This is the kind of complete irrationality that turns some people away from tebow. Who is, after all, just another struggling young nfl QB trying to improve his lot. No different that Gabbert, matt moore, ponder. Etc....

"I haven't taken a day off, just waited to give the entitled little preacher a greater audience for his reckoning.. though shall not take the name of the lord for your own glory etc.. plus i hate litle kids who are handed everything who preach with no real experience to those who are given nothing.. If I have to I'll make him spend some time on the street so he understands who he is preaching to is exactly the same as him but with no confidence, faith or hope left. If that completion % doesn't go above 50 I won't have too.. he will be counseling art schlichter at the dog track or feeding kordell stewart lines at espn or the 700 club" -mgmt. I got that quote beamed into my head, not sure if I got it word for word...

For 3 staight weeks this thread wasn't updated. But today after the Pitt game it's at the top of page 1. I think that says all that needs to be said about Tebow supporters.

Well do you want a new Steve thread? Or Mort on the Bills?

How 'bout his supporters show up, win or lose? See everyone after the New England game :devil:

You do realize that there was more than one Tebow thread, and most of the discussion had turned to the one about Bill Maher.

Didn't see too much Tebow love in this thread after that embarrassment. What thread are the Tebow supporters hiding in this week? :lol:

Didn't see too much Tebow love in this thread after that embarrassment. What thread are the Tebow supporters hiding in this week? :lol:

I'd like to see the stats behind that 48% of people thinking it was divine intervention. There is no way that number isn't skewed and totally messed up.

So, what were you doing after the game, other than gloating on this thread. Were you brightening the lives of any kids who are in dire circumstances right now? I know that's what Tebow was doing. He does it win or lose.

I've never said he's a great QB. Just a great person. (And, great at the game of football, but just not blessed with an NFL arm - Oh wait, I said blessed like a normal person would - insert your own secular term - I can't think of one right now). And, the run sure was fun!

I didn't see a lot of other people saying he was a great NFL QB, either.

Bills fans rooting for the Patriots are pretty pathetic.

It would help if the defense showed up and the receivers didn't drop so many passes, as well. It was a team loss.

Funny, I thought I read many times in these very forums that "Tebow" just wins. :blink:

Yeah, well you call me out specifically, so why don't you go and see if I ever said that. I'm not answering for everybody who ever has said anything.

Did you losers root against the Bills when Reich was quarterbacking because he has the same beliefs as Tebow, and was quite open about that?

A lot of people thought that it was divine intervention when a gust of wind suddenly blew the Oilers snap off center and they missed the kick. Not sure if it was 48%, though.

Yeah, well you call me out specifically, so why don't you go and see if I ever said that. I'm not answering for everybody who ever has said anything.

Hmmm, you seem to be lumping everyone elses comments back to me. I just asked that his many supporters show up, win or lose. I thought it might be amusing, and it has been.

Hmmm, you seem to be lumping everyone elses comments back to me. I just asked that his many supporters show up, win or lose. I thought it might be amusing, and it has been.

i haven't responded to the Tebow phenomenon, but thought the guy was a good football story this year. Yesterday was as inevitable as lake effect snow. An offense built around scoring points in small bunches, a team that was wildly inconsistent over a 16 game season, playing a team that scores points in huge bunches and is consistently one the dominant teams in the league. The aberration would have been if the Broncos defense could have held the Pats to 9 points, thus allowing their low scoring team to win by 1. Seems what you're looking for is someone who wants to come on the board and say Tebow was solely responsible for every win the Broncos had, and played no part in any of the losses---which is absurd. He did, however, help them get to the playoffs, help raise the profile of the team in the national spotlight, and seemed to be a decent enough guy off the field. Sounds like a winner to me. I like that kind of story, at least until they steamroll my team.

So, for those 48% who thought that divine will was involved in the Broncos run, I wonder what they think now.

Please find examples of people who thought it was divine intervention and weren't joking about it.

Ignoring the rest of your idiotic rant...

Have to give a big congrats to Tebow and the Broncos. That team picked 2nd in the draft this year, had an entirely new coaching staff, had a QB controversy, and started a QB for more than half a season who most people said would be lucky to last 1 quarter in this league, and ended up in the second round of the playoffs! Really an amazing season that I wish the Bills could emulate.

And to his haters, this is your time. You can finally stop hearing about this goodhearted, giving, selfless, driven man who overcame all obstacles (highest being his poor NFL arm) and became an important part of a good team and a good story. I hope that you all think that you are "right" and have "won". Now go live it up, you deserve it!

Edited by Faustus

i haven't responded to the Tebow phenomenon, but thought the guy was a good football story this year. Yesterday was as inevitable as lake effect snow. An offense built around scoring points in small bunches, a team that was wildly inconsistent over a 16 game season, playing a team that scores points in huge bunches and is consistently one the dominant teams in the league. The aberration would have been if the Broncos defense could have held the Pats to 9 points, thus allowing their low scoring team to win by 1. Seems what you're looking for is someone who wants to come on the board and say Tebow was solely responsible for every win the Broncos had, and played no part in any of the losses---which is absurd. He did, however, help them get to the playoffs, help raise the profile of the team in the national spotlight, and seemed to be a decent enough guy off the field. Sounds like a winner to me. I like that kind of story, at least until they steamroll my team.

:thumbsup:

Please find examples of people who thought it was divine intervention and weren't joking about it.

Have to give a big congrats to Tebow and the Broncos. That team picked 2nd in the draft this year, had an entirely new coaching staff, had a QB controversy, and started a QB for more than half a season who most people said would be lucky to last 1 quarter in this league, and ended up in the second round of the playoffs! Really an amazing season that I wish the Bills could emulate.

And to his haters, this is your time. You can finally stop hearing about this goodhearted, giving, selfless, driven man who overcame all obstacles (highest being his poor NFL arm) and became an important part of a good team and a good story. I hope that you all think that you are "right" and have "won". Now go live it up, you deserve it!

and this

I, for one, am praising Jesus. Amen!

+1000

Yeah, last night, I read through the last 20 or more posts you've made. Every single one of them was from an ahole troll style who brings nothing but bitterness to the board. Thanks for your contributions.

Make it 21.

Make it 22. All you Tebow-worshiping fools need to re-think your loyalties because, for a supposed Bills fan, there's no excuse for routing so hard for some other player on some other team. To put it in terms you can understand, it'd be like converting to Islam right after Christmas just because you have a raging man-crush on the new charismatic young Imam at the mosque in Denver.

IT'S TEBOW TIME!!!!

Edited by Gene Frenkle

The good Dr. Dareustein put it best on a thread that soon became locked:

Good season, Tim. I know he'll be back next year with the same drive, leadership, and intensity. He definitely helped make this season fun to watch as our Bills slumped.

Taking a 1-4 team to the second round of the playoffs is pretty impressive for someone who was "never going to be drafted". Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

The good Dr. Dareustein put it best on a thread that soon became locked:

Good season, Tim. I know he'll be back next year with the same drive, leadership, and intensity. He definitely helped make this season fun to watch as our Bills slumped.

Taking a 1-4 team to the second round of the playoffs is pretty impressive for someone who was "never going to be drafted". Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

Thanks bbb, glad someone saw it before that thread was closed (as it should have been since it became prime troll breeding ground.

Thanks bbb, glad someone saw it before that thread was closed (as it should have been since it became prime troll breeding ground.

What you said is so true. If the Bills had maintained their winning ways of the first half, I don't think I would have paid that much attention.......But, if was a fun way to keep me interested once the Bills had ruined my season........I think it was very much like the rest of the country was like during Flutiemania in '98. A lot of people became Bills fans because of the underdog story.