Spencer Johnson

I've been a fan of his since he's been here, and everyone talks avout Dwan Edwards being released because of his cap number and not fitting the system. Where does Johnson fit within that conversation? Kelsay as well. I'm pretty sure Kelsay will play rushing downs and ANderson passing, but would any of these guys restructure? Just wondering because I have no idea what our cap number now and we still need to sign rookies. Just spewing thoughts out loud really

I hate that so many people think he should be cut. He's one of my favorite players. He's a 4-3 DT. That's what he was in minnesota and that's what we brought him in to play. Then we switched defenses and he did everything that was asked of him. Played DE and sadly, OLB. He's a perfect backp for Dareus and K. Williams, and IMO, is the first DT off the bench. He's been nothing but a professional since joining our team and I'm not sure why people want him cut. Anyone care to share why?

Johnson is a 30 yr old 4-3 player. He is a first and second down DE and a passing down and distance DT. Being able to play both may be his biggest asset. I see Kelsay only as 4-3 DE and can't imagine him as an OLB again. Dwan Edwards is a 30 year old 3-4 DE and should be traded for a 7th round pick, a blocking sled, or released. Arrington, well who knows what he is. He was drafted as a 3-4 pass rushing DE. Then he was switched to a 3-4 OLB and lastly back to a 4-3 DE or even at times DT. I see him as the backup to Mario at DE.

My DL going into camp: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Dareus, Anderson, Arrington, Troupe, Heard, Johnson, Kelsay and two undrafted FA's for trainging camp bodies. I think they keep 8 DL. Heard or Johnson will fight for the last spot and I suspect his age and the cap space provided by letting Johnson go will be the determining factors.

Didn't Chan say that Anderson was a 3 down defensive end? If true, certainly raises a lot of questions about Kelsay. I think Kelsay will stay for DE depth though.

Williams, Anderson, Kelsay and Merriman?

I'll take that for my DE rotation any day. Especially if Merriman can stay on the field. :)

Johnson is a 30 yr old 4-3 player. He is a first and second down DE and a passing down and distance DT. Being able to play both may be his biggest asset. I see Kelsay only as 4-3 DE and can't imagine him as an OLB again. Dwan Edwards is a 30 year old 3-4 DE and should be traded for a 7th round pick, a blocking sled, or released. Arrington, well who knows what he is. He was drafted as a 3-4 pass rushing DE. Then he was switched to a 3-4 OLB and lastly back to a 4-3 DE or even at times DT. I see him as the backup to

Mario at DE.

My DL going into camp: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Dareus, Anderson, Arrington, Troupe, Heard, Johnson, Kelsay and two undrafted FA's for trainging camp bodies. I think they keep 8 DL. Heard or Johnson will fight for the last spot and I suspect his age and the cap space provided by letting Johnson go will be the determining factors.

who is Arrington?

You know right away a fan doesn't know what they're talking about when they say Spencer Johnson sucks. He is a prototypical 4-3 DT and would be great depth for any team in this league. This 300 pound man- who was playing very well last year before they moved him- was asked to play outside freaking linebacker and people are like, "cut Spencer Johnson?" Like I said- perfect indicator that someone doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the game.

I think they're moving Spencer back to cornerback this year.

No, he's slowed down a little too much. Free safety.

I hate that so many people think he should be cut. He's one of my favorite players. He's a 4-3 DT. That's what he was in minnesota and that's what we brought him in to play. Then we switched defenses and he did everything that was asked of him. Played DE and sadly, OLB. He's a perfect backp for Dareus and K. Williams, and IMO, is the first DT off the bench. He's been nothing but a professional since joining our team and I'm not sure why people want him cut. Anyone care to share why?

Over 3 million reasons, each with George Washington's portrait on them.

You know right away a fan doesn't know what they're talking about when they say Spencer Johnson sucks. He is a prototypical 4-3 DT and would be great depth for any team in this league. This 300 pound man- who was playing very well last year before they moved him- was asked to play outside freaking linebacker and people are like, "cut Spencer Johnson?" Like I said- perfect indicator that someone doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the game.

If spence sticks, it will be because of his versatility. Probably a best fit as 4-3 DT, or maybe DE on rundowns/goaline packages.

The Stache likes rotating lineman in and out so I suspect the Bills to keep more d-lineman then usual

Unless something dramatic happens Kelsay will be on the team but i do think either Spencer or Edwards will not be

Johnson is a 30 yr old 4-3 player. He is a first and second down DE and a passing down and distance DT. Being able to play both may be his biggest asset. I see Kelsay only as 4-3 DE and can't imagine him as an OLB again. Dwan Edwards is a 30 year old 3-4 DE and should be traded for a 7th round pick, a blocking sled, or released. Arrington, well who knows what he is. He was drafted as a 3-4 pass rushing DE. Then he was switched to a 3-4 OLB and lastly back to a 4-3 DE or even at times DT. I see him as the backup to Mario at DE.

First off it's CARRINGTON & he was drafted as a 4-3 DE out of college . If you remember he was drafted during the Jauron era out of Arkansas St where he played DE .

He put on weight to become a 3-4 DE when we changed defense but now they are wondering which position he will play , he is listed as a DT on the roster so time will tell but Wanny will get it figured out !!!

First off it's CARRINGTON & he was drafted as a 4-3 DE out of college . If you remember he was drafted during the Jauron era out of Arkansas St where he played DE .

He put on weight to become a 3-4 DE when we changed defense but now they are wondering which position he will play , he is listed as a DT on the roster so time will tell but Wanny will get it figured out !!!

ha, poor guy.. he got up to 300+ to play 3-4 DE, then they had him at OLB! oops. he shouldbe able to get down to 280 again and be a solid depth DE in a 4-3.

seems like people want to keep everyone, but of course you cannot. they just signed 2 DE's and could always draft another.

i'd guess Dwan and Merriman are gone... and maybe Spencer too, but not if anyone gets hurt. Troup is the #3 DT if he's healthy, and they won't keep more than 9.

DE's: Mario, Kelsay, Anderson, Carrington, Draft pick?

DT's: KW, Dareus, Troup?, Dotson?, Spencer?

somebody making money is going to get cut... maybe 2 of them. Merriman and Johnson are not safe.