Spencer Johnson

You know right away a fan doesn't know what they're talking about when they say Spencer Johnson sucks. He is a prototypical 4-3 DT and would be great depth for any team in this league. This 300 pound man- who was playing very well last year before they moved him- was asked to play outside freaking linebacker and people are like, "cut Spencer Johnson?" Like I said- perfect indicator that someone doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the game.

I hope you're not referring to me. I like Spencer Johnson, but with younger guys like Carrington at less of a price I was just wondering if he might be a cap casualty. I actually think he's a great rotational player and good for depth as well

First off it's CARRINGTON & he was drafted as a 4-3 DE out of college . If you remember he was drafted during the Jauron era out of Arkansas St where he played DE .

He put on weight to become a 3-4 DE when we changed defense but now they are wondering which position he will play , he is listed as a DT on the roster so time will tell but Wanny will get it figured out !!!

No he wasnt...Carrington was drafted by Buddy during his first draft as the Bills GM with the plan of playing him at DE in a 3-4

he was not drafted during the Jauron era

Edited by Max997

Johnson is a 30 yr old 4-3 player. He is a first and second down DE and a passing down and distance DT. Being able to play both may be his biggest asset. I see Kelsay only as 4-3 DE and can't imagine him as an OLB again. Dwan Edwards is a 30 year old 3-4 DE and should be traded for a 7th round pick, a blocking sled, or released. Arrington, well who knows what he is. He was drafted as a 3-4 pass rushing DE. Then he was switched to a 3-4 OLB and lastly back to a 4-3 DE or even at times DT. I see him as the backup to Mario at DE.

My DL going into camp: Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Dareus, Anderson, Arrington, Troupe, Heard, Johnson, Kelsay and two undrafted FA's for trainging camp bodies. I think they keep 8 DL. Heard or Johnson will fight for the last spot and I suspect his age and the cap space provided by letting Johnson go will be the determining factors.

Did we trade Carrington and Troup for Arrington and Troupe. Missed that with all the free agent frenzy going on. Link ??

No he wasnt...Carrington was drafted by Buddy during his first draft as the Bills GM with the plan of playing him at DE in a 3-4

he was not drafted during the Jauron era

+1. In fact, I remember Buddy raving about Troup when he was drafted..... Carrington was drafted a round later

Did we trade Carrington and Troup for Arrington and Troupe. Missed that with all the free agent frenzy going on. Link ??

+1. In fact, I remember Buddy raving about Troup when he was drafted..... Carrington was drafted a round later

I hated the Troup pick about as much as I hated the Maybin pick

I hate that so many people think he should be cut. He's one of my favorite players. He's a 4-3 DT. That's what he was in minnesota and that's what we brought him in to play. Then we switched defenses and he did everything that was asked of him. Played DE and sadly, OLB. He's a perfect backp for Dareus and K. Williams, and IMO, is the first DT off the bench. He's been nothing but a professional since joining our team and I'm not sure why people want him cut. Anyone care to share why?

You know right away a fan doesn't know what they're talking about when they say Spencer Johnson sucks. He is a prototypical 4-3 DT and would be great depth for any team in this league. This 300 pound man- who was playing very well last year before they moved him- was asked to play outside freaking linebacker and people are like, "cut Spencer Johnson?" Like I said- perfect indicator that someone doesn't have even a rudimentary understanding of the game.

Agreed and Agreed! I like what Ive seen out of Johnson, even when we set him up to fail by trying to turn a DT into an OLB. He would be great quality veteran depth along the DL and could play DT and DE. Totally worth keeping, imo.