Favorite movie scenes

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the greatest ending of a horror movie ever. Oh how I loved and feared this terrifying film

youtube.com/watch?v=cMQQpmm5u3w

Now THAT is an amazing monster scene! One of my faves as well! And the best part? There was NO CGI IN THAT MOVIE!! NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT!! Ah, I love when people use good old fashion practical effects over today's CGI garbage.

Then you will love this. No CGI here. Now this is old school.

I had to re-edit this post, hopefully the video works now.

Edited by Mark Vader

One of many hilarious moments from "Tootsie". Makes you wonder why Sydney Pollack did not do more comedy acting.

youtube.com/watch?v=BnHqiipcw6g

Holy crap, I was just about to go looking for that exact scene. Pollack was great in front of the camera too and of course Hoffman is one of the 2 or 3 best actors ever. They don't make 'em like Tootsie anymore.

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=9523

The same movie also features my single favorite camera shot ever - after the attack at The Pond, when Brody looks out to sea under the bridge. Maybe not the most perfect shot ever...but Spielberg's best shot of his career.

You could pick numerous scenes from "Jaws", but I agree with you on the scene you are describing, it is a great shot.

I've always loved the shot of the Orca leaving port as we get the foreground of the great white shark teeth encircling the Orca in the background.

As for the scene you picked, what more can you say? One of the greatest movie monologues ever, of a very horrifying account.

Holy crap, I was just about to go looking for that exact scene. Pollack was great in front of the camera too and of course Hoffman is one of the 2 or 3 best actors ever. They don't make 'em like Tootsie anymore.

A sad but true statement. With all of the raunchy/sex/grotesque comedies out there these days, comedies like Tootsie have practically gone the way of the dinosaurs.

I'm not saying that movies like "The 40 Year Old Virgin", "There's Something About Mary", "American Pie" or "The Hangover" are not funny movies, but when was the last time you saw a comedy movie that relied more on dialogue for laughs?

A sad but true statement. With all of the raunchy/sex/grotesque comedies out there these days, comedies like Tootsie have practically gone the way of the dinosaurs.

I'm not saying that movies like "The 40 Year Old Virgin", "There's Something About Mary", "American Pie" or "The Hangover" are not funny movies, but when was the last time you saw a comedy movie that relied more on dialogue for laughs?

I have to go back to A Fish Called Wanda.

Or, if we can include unintentionally funny movies, 10,000 BC

I agree. Although as much as I enjoyed Blair Witch, there are many others who hated it.

Blair Witch is the only movie that ever gave me anything resembling a nightmare. Unless you go back to War of the Gargantuas when I was six.

I have to go back to A Fish Called Wanda.

Or, if we can include unintentionally funny movies, 10,000 BC

Blair Witch is the only movie that ever gave me anything resembling a nightmare. Unless you go back to War of the Gargantuas when I was six.

Thanks DC Tom. Always great to find another person who loved that movie! I was actually (and you're laughing behind that computer screen) shivering and crying at that movie. Yes that's right. Shivering and crying.

I saw "Alien" when I was 9-1/2 years old. I convinced by parents to take me along with them, my bro, and a neighbor kid who was a year older. Screwed me up pretty good for years. Now I love it and the sequels (well, not all of them).

Thanks DC Tom. Always great to find another person who loved that movie! I was actually (and you're laughing behind that computer screen) shivering and crying at that movie. Yes that's right. Shivering and crying.

A Fish Called Wanda? Made you cry?

I saw "Alien" when I was 9-1/2 years old. I convinced by parents to take me along with them, my bro, and a neighbor kid who was a year older. Screwed me up pretty good for years. Now I love it and the sequels (well, not all of them).

Don't tell me you liked AVPR?!

A Fish Called Wanda? Made you cry?

No senor. Blair Witch.

Watching this makes me sad to think of what has become of Nicholas Cage in recent years. This scene is a bizarre blend of meladrama and dark comedy.

Lots of good ones come to mind but I've absolutely loved this scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=KUqo5tPZjrM&feature=related

This was the second scene that came to mind. Alec Baldwin at his finest.

Edited by Rob's House

Surprisingly (or maybe not) one of the best endings to a movie series ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=U6FRapMBhR8&feature=player_embedded

I saw this on opening night with a great sized crowd, probably over 500 in attendance, and during this final scene you could hear a lot of sniffling going on in that crowd.

A fine ending to one of the best movie series' ever. Unless they actually do make Toy Story 4.

One of the greatest scenes from, IMO, the greatest Disney animated movie ever.

I'll add the extinction scene after this.

While it is not scientifically accurate, I still think there is no better movie depiction of the dinosaurs than this one.

One of the greatest scenes from, IMO, the greatest Disney animated movie ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=G3VqcTDf6l4

I'll add the extinction scene after this.

While it is not scientifically accurate, I still think there is no better movie depiction of the dinosaurs than this one.

Great music!! I felt like I was at the symphony and or a ballet!!

Don't tell me you liked AVPR?!

Yep. Although you should probably have mentioned "Alien: Resurrection." Now that was bad...but I still liked it. ;)

And gotta mention this (just the Luke, Vader, and the Emporer scenes):

Edited by Doc