Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

Selective memory. I've seen plenty of recent photos on the news the last few days.

Am I supposed to accept that his level of aggression has been firmly established?? I don't think so.

Why not? You've already "accepted" that Zimmerman was acting overly aggressive. What's the problem? It seems you're rather "selectively" choosing which pieces of the story you want to believe.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And one would have to be a complete ass not to figure out that an unarmed black kid being shot and killed by a white Hispanic isn't going to rip open old wounds. Especially in a community that has a history of racism.

At no point in this thread did anyone exhibit any symptoms of hysteria. Can you find any post where one of us is calling for a lynching? All of us where calling for further investigation because it looked like a racial crime had been committed.

Tardfest 2012 continues. Why am I not surprised. You libs haven't had one intelligent comment to make in this entire thread, I don't expect you to start now. I'd love for just one of you to give some explanation of events that would lead to an indictment or invoke "stand your ground" that didn't come directly out of your asses. Until then I'm through with this thread.

And that's cute that you have my quote in you sig line. I notice the guy it was directed at has changed his tune a bit since learning the facts and thus relieved himself of the burden of hari kari. I really do appreciate your faux outrage, but let's be real. When you guys are willing to jump in head first with the lynch mob who is actively destroying a man's real life based on a whim and an assumption, without the slightest concern for collateral violence that may grow out of it, let's not pretend some hyperbolic rhetoric on my part is somehow offensive.

You've lost the moral high ground from which to cast down your righteous indignation.

And get your own !@#$ing avatar

Why not? You've already "accepted" that Zimmerman was acting overly aggressive. What's the problem? It seems you're rather "selectively" choosing which pieces of the story you want to believe.

Well, that's pretty clear. He shot a 17 year old who was walking home from the corner store. First, he followed him and then most likely approached Trayvon because he was "suspicious".

Well, that's pretty clear. He shot a 17 year old who was walking home from the corner store. First, he followed him and then most likely approached Trayvon because he was "suspicious".

Please...if you're going to describe Martin, do it accurately.

Martin wasn't walking home from the corner store. He was skipping. Yeah, that's right. He was skipping while singing a Disney song...something like "Zippety Doo-Dah," but nothing that racist. And he was holding a stuffed manatee doll in one hand, some Skittles in another, and was eager to tell his friends about getting his first Webelos badge after standing directly next to Barack Obama while he signed the Affordable Care Act into law, which saved every elderly persons from certain Republican death.

Oh, and remember...Martin wasn't "most likely approached," but viciously hunted down and murdered in cold blood. We know this is true because we have a bunch of colored congresspeople telling us so.

Oh, and remember...Martin wasn't "most likely approached," but viciously hunted down and murdered in cold blood. We know this is true because we have a bunch of colored congresspeople telling us so.

And the NAACP and CBC are different than an exclusionary place like the Augusta Country Club. You know, because...

Never mind.

And the NAACP and CBC are different than an exclusionary place like the Augusta Country Club. You know, because...

Never mind.

Augusta, where the "War on Women" started.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Tardfest 2012 continues. Why am I not surprised. You libs haven't had one intelligent comment to make in this entire thread, I don't expect you to start now. I'd love for just one of you to give some explanation of events that would lead to an indictment or invoke "stand your ground" that didn't come directly out of your asses. Until then I'm through with this thread.

And that's cute that you have my quote in you sig line. I notice the guy it was directed at has changed his tune a bit since learning the facts and thus relieved himself of the burden of hari kari. I really do appreciate your faux outrage, but let's be real. When you guys are willing to jump in head first with the lynch mob who is actively destroying a man's real life based on a whim and an assumption, without the slightest concern for collateral violence that may grow out of it, let's not pretend some hyperbolic rhetoric on my part is somehow offensive.

You've lost the moral high ground from which to cast down your righteous indignation.

And get your own !@#$ing avatar

I assume that this is in reference to me, and I have not changed my tune, so don't use me to defend yourself. I still feel bad for the dead kid and his family, I still completely understand the frustration and outrage of the black community with respect to the lack of equality from law enforcement and the judicial system, and I am still 100% positive that if Zimmerman had been black and Martin had been white then the police would have handled everything differently and charges would have been filed. Maybe Zimmerman would have eventually been acquitted, but it would have gone to trial.

On an unrelated note, there was an article in today's Washington post about Trayvon Martin-like cases over the past few years and the aftermath of the media spotlight:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/A%20Section/2012-04-09/A/1/38.2.2841793734_epaper.html

I assume that this is in reference to me, and I have not changed my tune, so don't use me to defend yourself. I still feel bad for the dead kid and his family, I still completely understand the frustration and outrage of the black community with respect to the lack of equality from law enforcement and the judicial system, and I am still 100% positive that if Zimmerman had been black and Martin had been white then the police would have handled everything differently and charges would have been filed. Maybe Zimmerman would have eventually been acquitted, but it would have gone to trial.

On an unrelated note, there was an article in today's Washington post about Trayvon Martin-like cases over the past few years and the aftermath of the media spotlight:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/todays_paper/A%20Section/2012-04-09/A/1/38.2.2841793734_epaper.html

Great, so you're still a presumptuous dipshit. Thanks for stopping by.

And I have yet to see one of you give any explanation for why it would go to trial. Prosecutors don't take cases to trial unless they believe they can prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. They don't just do it to see what comes out in the wash. DUMB ASS :wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by Rob's House

100% positive. That means you know this as a absolute fact. Beyond dispute. You have remarkable inside information. Please tell us more.

100% positive. That means you know this as a absolute fact. Beyond dispute. You have remarkable inside information. Please tell us more.

No he has zero information. He is 100% postive that if Zimmerman was black he'd be in jail, because....well that's what us honky, cracker-ass with mother!@#$ers do. He's 100% sure of that.

Edited by Chef Jim

You know, Sanford has a history of being a racist town. In the last 100 years a white man once refused to shake a black man's hand and they wouldn't let Jackie Robinson play in a preseason game. With that in mind how could a black man ever be acquitted here and why would they ever bring a white man to trial?

You know, Sanford has a history of being a racist town. In the last 100 years a white man once refused to shake a black man's hand and they wouldn't let Jackie Robinson play in a preseason game. With that in mind how could a black man ever be acquitted here and why would they ever bring a white man to trial?

And rumor has it in the late 70s someone once dropped the N-bomb who wasn't a CNN anchor.

How do we know Zimmerman actually shot Trayvon, except for all the evidence? This never would have happened if Trayvon hadn't left his house to buy skittles and iced tea.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Leaving your car is not a crime. Following someone does not merit violence. Claiming Zimmerman is at fault for leaving his car absolves Trayvon of all responsibility for his own actions. It was likely poor judgement for an ordinary citizen to follow Trayvon with no apparent cause, but charging him for murder for exiting his vehicle or suggesting he has no right to self-defense since the assault was justified, in your opinion, is absolutely absurd.

You're absolutely right that does sound ridiculous. Considering that Martin left his house to go buy an ice tea and a bag of skittles and Zimmerman left his car with intent to follow.

I don't think a murder charge would be correct charge. Manslaughter with depraved indifference would be a better charge. Zimmerman did not get out of his car or follow Martin for the purpose of killing him and therefore should not be charged with murder.

I am not suggesting that Zimmerman didn't have a right to self defense but that he escalated the situation by getting out of his car and following Martin into the side yard. He claims that Martin assaulted him and we know of one eye witness that corroborates his story.

And how do we know that's what really happened? In the end the chain of events that lead to Martin being shot started with Zimmerman getting out of his car to follow Martin.

So it's an obvious hate crime because we don't really know what happened?

Never mind.

Anyone know when the NAACP is going to get around to changing their name to the NAAAAP?

One of you dimwits posted some article that claimed Sanford had a history of racism. I remember reading it at the time and commenting that the only two "incidents" in the last 100 years were that some white guy refused to shake a black guy's hand and they wouldn't let Jackie Robinson play in a preseason game.

You guys had Zimmerman convicted as a cold blooded racist killer. How can you say that all you were "calling for was further investigation because it looked like a racial crime had been committed". Why did you need further investigation if you were already saying Zimmerman chased him down and is a cold blooded killer? Why would you need further investigation if he was on record as calling Martin a "coon"? Furthermore, don't demogogue if you want to be taken half seriously.

You must be forgetting the part where I said "given the evidence that we currently have". I did not convict him. You're putting words in my mouth so you can attack a straw man because that all you have in this argument.

We all have a right to a fair trial. Calling for further investigation is not conviction. See what happened when we investigated further? More facts came out to suggest this was not something that was racially motivated. Now the NBP and Jessie look like fools since they won't let the racial undertones drop.

You're absolutely right that does sound ridiculous. Considering that Martin left his house to go buy an ice tea and a bag of skittles and Zimmerman left his car with intent to follow.

I don't think a murder charge would be correct charge. Manslaughter with depraved indifference would be a better charge. Zimmerman did not get out of his car or follow Martin for the purpose of killing him and therefore should not be charged with murder.

I am not suggesting that Zimmerman didn't have a right to self defense but that he escalated the situation by getting out of his car and following Martin into the side yard. He claims that Martin assaulted him and we know of one eye witness that corroborates his story.

You're absolutely running away with the "PPP Idiot of the Day" award. Congratulations.

Now the NBP and Jessie look like fools since they won't let the racial undertones drop.

At least they aren't alone, "Jump to Conclusions" guy. But hey, you're backpeddling a bit so you only look like a majority dufus, instead of a total one. Big win there.