Buffalo Bills Sack Total

Just a little fun before the season gets under way, and yes, before the draft. Will our team draft early on defense and possibly pick up an OLB or will they go offense? Either way, what's your best guess on total sacks for the year INCLUDING PLAYOFFS.

Including playoffs...80 would average about 5-6 sacks per game regular season. I like your thinking. Call it 90 including Superbowl.

:oops:

my bad...including the playoffs & superbowl 47, make it an even 100

(5 sacks/game x 19 games, plus throw in an extra 5 sacks on Brady*)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated..I expect to win every game" - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

I'm gonna break it down by player...

M. Williams - 12

K. Williams - 5

M. Dareus - 7

Merriman - 8

Kelsay - 5

Carrington -4

Barnett - 3

Bryd/Wilson/CB's - 4

Total - 48

Seems like a reasonable estimate to me. I was trying t break it down in my head. You went a bit conservative on M. Williams I think, but that's ok because you have more CB sacks than I think we will get and more for Carrington than I anticipate. I'd go 48 total though. Also, I could see Dareus breaking 10, he was basically alone on that line last year, now he had two pro bowl players to take pressure off him. Oh, we should not forget that we have an actual D coordinator this year also.

Seems like a reasonable estimate to me. I was trying t break it down in my head. You went a bit conservative on M. Williams I think, but that's ok because you have more CB sacks than I think we will get and more for Carrington than I anticipate. I'd go 48 total though. Also, I could see Dareus breaking 10, he was basically alone on that line last year, now he had two pro bowl players to take pressure off him. Oh, we should not forget that we have an actual D coordinator this year also.

You're prolly right, I should have probably just said Rest of Team - 4, seeing as Moats, Heard and S. Johnson accounted for 6.5 sacks in 2011.