Dolphins lose out on Matt Flynn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Miami out of the hunt for P. Manning will they make a move on A. Smith or stick with Matt Moore? Also what do the 49ers do if Smith signs with Miami and Manning picks Tennessee or Denver? Will the 9ers go with second year QB Colin Kaepernick or make a move for Hasselbeck/Moore/Tebow depending on where Smith and Manning end up. The QB carousel is in full swing.

*Edit*

49ers could also sign Garrard and Miami could sign Garrard or draft Tannehill at 8.

*Edit for KD*

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

What an indictment of Flynn. His own coach who developed him didn't want him? Maybe they'll sign Brohm now (Sorry AlphaDawg :lol: )!!! :w00t:

The word on NFL Network was the Coach actually wanted him, but the rest of the Organization was not as high on Flynn figuring he was not much better than Moore...Plus I think they do want Tannehill... B-)

I hear what you're saying but I can't see how they pass on Trent Richardson! If there is more of a sure thing in the draft I don't know who it is.

sure hope someone picks him before #10, because it's been a whole year since the Bills wasted another #1 on a RB

Buddy won't be passing on a sure thing- like you say

Would not be happy about Tannehill in Miami...unless they're stupid enough to start him early. I think if you keep Tannehill on the bench for a season or two he's really going to develop into one heck of a pro.

I've got my fingers crossed that Miami signs Alex Smith and think he's the answer. Smith is fine as a caretaker QB on a team with a tremendous Defense, but take that away from him and his horrible pocket awareness will decimate Miami's offense.

To me this says that Philbin does not think Matt Flynn is going to be a better than average starting QB let alone franchise QB in the league. It's not that huge of a contract.

That's what it looks like. Had Flynn gotten a ridiculous contract, I'd be more inclined to believe that they lost out on him (which they still may have). But a shade under $9M/year with $10M guaranteed is not a lot.

sure hope someone picks him before #10, because it's been a whole year since the Bills wasted another #1 on a RB

Buddy won't be passing on a sure thing- like you say

I hope he falls because that would put the Bills in a perfect position to trade back. The Bengals still don't have a RB and have 2 first round picks. We can dream right?

I think teams got cold feet after seeing what Arizona gave up for Kolb, and then his rather underwhelming performance last year. Ditto for the Chiefs and Cassel over the last few years. With the new rookie wage scale it makes more sense to roll the dice on a draft pick. With rookies being more appealing because of their now lower contracts, there becomes less demand for a veteran like Flynn.