Who will wear #90 - Poll

Who will wear #90 for the Buffalo Bills  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Who will wear #90 for the Buffalo Bills?

• Chris Kelsay
    • Mario Williams

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these points have a nice ring. However Kelsey racked up his longevity by default, the D languishing in the bottom 5 for his entire tenure. If he lead us to a lousy wild card one year maybe.

The thing about Kelsay is he bailed hay. He did it everyday all day. whether we had no hope for a win he did come to work and did his job as best he can as i see it. He might still be playing with us by default? not sure.

He deserves his number because he worked hard. i dont think its fair to ask him to be compared to the 78. With some serious talent lining up front now everyone is going to look good. mark my words.

and no way! giving up Bruce's number unless Bruce thinks he has earned it and offers it to him.

• 5 weeks later...

Thought it would be interesting to see who TBD thinks will wear #90. Kelsay is a defensive team captain and well respected veteran. Mario Williams is.....Mario Williams. This will send a message either way to the players in the locker room. My opinion is Kelsay keeps #90 and Mario will have a new number. What say you?

You forget the who cares option in your poll. That would give you a more accurate assessment of what everyone thinks.

It is Kelsay's number. No need to give it up, and I'd wonder about a guy who gave up his number. Maybe if Williams offered some significant (minimum one million) dollar donation to his favorite charity it might be worth working a deal out. Seems like you are making someone your "bitxh" in a very public way.

mario should not have 78, kelsay should give it up. the funny thing is the fans want it more than apparently mario does. i think the front office might come in and try to convince kelsay to change his mind.

It's Kelsay's number. Anderson needs a number too... I believe all the numbers in the 90s are taken. What's wrong with a different number? He can't see it when he plays. I'm sure people will buy the jersey regardless of what number he's wearing. As long as he's performing on the field it doesn't matter.

I know your weren't serious but there is actually a rule about number change and it is the same as the last name one.

Rember when Peters had two numbers so he wouldnt have to report as much. If he was gonna play OT that day he wore a 70s # if he was gonna play TE he wore a 80s #. A;so didnt Ryan Denny shange his number every couple weeks early in his career?

I do belive Kelsay should keep #90 he has been wearing it for almost a decade.

That is what I think will happen.

Maybe they will agree to share number one wearing for home games and one for away.

NFL would get annoyed with that but there is no RULE against changing numbers like changing names where you need to get notice to NFL.

Yes there is...

From an article Chandemonium provided in another thread...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/The-untouchable-numbers/d99eac04-f960-4a5d-b9e8-f67b1b1c971f

Players wishing to change numbers from one season to the next, as Kawika Mitchell did in changing from 59 to 55, can also more difficult due to league restrictions. You have to call the league now with any number changes, Hojnowski said. A lot of it is tied to the production of player jerseys. Once the jersey number is sent to the league office, production begins on that players jersey for merchandise sales. If the league has produced mass quantities of a players jersey and the player wants to change numbers then it becomes a cost issue for the league and the player.

There have been articles where the league makes a player buy up all remaining stock of their jersey's before approving a number change.