Buddy unintentionaly rips Sanchez

I was just talking to a Jets fan today here in Maryland (he's from LI - his son plays on the same college lax team with mine) and one of the first things he said when he saw my Bills shirt: "Why did my Jets just spend all that money to extend a not very good QB??"

Seriously - Buddy Nix will have to get in line to rip Sanchez - Jets fans and Sanchez's own teammmates are tired of him!

This presumes that just becuase he swept us, Sanchez is a good QB. That has yet to be seen.

:huh: Huh? What exactly is there to see? The guy took his team to back to back AFC title game appearances. One of those was as a rookie. Please. -The homerism on this board is getting out of hand.

:huh: Huh? What exactly is there to see? The guy took his team to back to back AFC title game appearances. One of those was as a rookie. Please. -The homerism on this board is getting out of hand.

So why didn't the Jets do so well this season if it was Sanchize who single handedly took them to the afc title match for two seasons. Is it perhaps because the stout defense and ground and pound running game that helped make up for Sanchez 's shortcomings as a passer disappeared ?

Sanchez has mnot yet progressed enough to where he is carrying his team anywhere. How about the defense and the running game. As mentioned by other posters, his own teammates don't believe in him.

Please...what is this "homerism" of which you speak? Personally, I have always detected a more Hesiodic slant on TSW.

(BTW - Sanchez sucks out loud.)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

So why didn't the Jets do so well this season if it was Sanchize who single handedly took them to the afc title match for two seasons. Is it perhaps because the stout defense and ground and pound running game that helped make up for Sanchez 's shortcomings as a passer disappeared ?

What happened to the Jets last season was simple -Rex Ryan. He's a decent enough coach, but as a person, he's a complete a**hole. His obnoxious, in-your-face style puts alot of unecessary pressure on his players. -The NYC media circus doesn't do much for a young man's confidence either.

Sanchez may not be the next Montana, but he's still young, and IMO far from being washed-up just yet. IMO a guy who goes to back to back title games is entitiled to having an off year.

Until Sancho has a losing season, he is easily the second best QB in our division behind Brady. Next season, I invite Ryan Fitzpatrick and all his loyal followers to prove me wrong.

Hahah I kinda think it's being taken a little out of context, I don't think he slammed him at all. I think Sanchez should be more worried about his teammates sh!ttin on him as opposed to our GM disregarding him.

Yeah, the Jets players on offense and defense will probably start pitching in to the oppositions bounty pools this season.

The signing of Mario got Buddy some serious street cred and a boatload of "cool points." He is entitled to redeem them for shots at division rivals whenever he likes. His cool points do not expire.

Unless those "cool points" can be cashed in for a decent backup QB that is better than our starter with cracked ribs, or an OL upgrade, then those "cool points" don't do jack squat for our offense.

Sanchez is about even with Fitz and we'll all realize that by the end of the season. Sanchez a little better than he's been, Fitz much worse.

Good points. Just like Fitz, Sanchez has 2 former 1st round wrs and a 1st round tight end to throw to. Oh wait, Fitz has a 7th rounder and a bunch of undrafted FAs to throw.

People to stop acting like Sanchez is the reason they are winning games. They have a much more talented TEAM than the Bills. The talent level on the Bills isn't much better than 6 wins last year. The Jets had a borderline SB team and are held back by QB play.

For the sake of argument, what if you switched Fitz and Sanchez? I definitely think Fitz would have had that team in the playoffs. With Sanchez, we would struggle to win 4 games. Mark "JP" Sanchez

Homerism?!?!?

Tebow could have taken that team just as far.In those two seasons, the Jets were alot better than last years Broncos. The Jets were so much better than they were last year and better than this years team will be. Why do you think Ryan isn't guaranteeing anything this season? IMO,Sanchise sucks.

Dont care.

I have Buddy's back no matter what. We are better than the Jets. Our qb is better than the Jets' qb. I love the fact that Buddy is a straight shooter and I will back him 100 %.

The signing of Mario got Buddy some serious street cred and a boatload of "cool points." He is entitled to redeem them for shots at division rivals whenever he likes. His cool points do not expire.

To quote a Pat's fan - "If the Jets had Fitzpatrick, they would have been in the Superbowl."

Until Sancho has a losing season, he is easily the second best QB in our division behind Brady. Next season, I invite Ryan Fitzpatrick and all his loyal followers to prove me wrong.

What in Hades is it that gets into people's brains and make them think football is a 1-man sport??

Sanchez is not very good - but here's the funny part for this "wins == good QB" mindset - Sanchez had his best year so far this LAST season.

He sucked out loud his first two years - his defense made it to 2 AFC Championsips IN SPITE of his play.

To quote a Pat's fan - "If the Jets had Fitzpatrick, they would have been in the Superbowl."

Nice - I misread the first time. I tend to agree.

Edited by BobChalmers

What happened to the Jets last season was simple -Rex Ryan. He's a decent enough coach, but as a person, he's a complete a**hole. His obnoxious, in-your-face style puts alot of unecessary pressure on his players. -The NYC media circus doesn't do much for a young man's confidence either.

This has to be one of the most awesome arguments I have seen yet on this board... Obviously no need for stats showing the decline in rushing and defense production. Its just because Rex is bad.

IF this was exactly how he said it, it was stupid. You can't criticize a QB who swept you last season. AND you'd better hope like heck that the fishies don't get Matt Flynn, because they swept us last year too.

Buddy, buddy, buddy, this is a dumb thing to say when you've got the 4th best QB in the division, and the most prolific interception-thrower in the NFL. (this season)

Kinda don't think you used the word "prolific" correctly