I still say draft Melvin Ingram at 10

Pete

Hadrians Wall

These are Roman names not Greek. Sparta is in Greece. Spartacus was a Roman slave, if that is why you were calling them Spartans.

The Spartans, the greatest military enclaves of ancient times, trained their soldiers to have sex with each other promoting closeness in the ranks. The saying an army travels on its stomach is well known. But Spartan and Greek armies traveled on the behinds of little boys.

Oh ok. Thanks for the history lesson. So then we call them something else. (your choice) Just as long as they have cool names like I wrote.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd even be fine with DeCastro at this point. We took Jim Ritcher at 16, Ruben Brown at 14, so 10 wouldnt be too far of a stretch.

The only thing I DONT want is the 3rd or 4th QB at 10. Outside of QB, Im trusting in Nix and Whaley at 10.

You are contradicting yourself. A few posts earlier you say "I fully trust Nix/Whaley". Then you move to..."I fully trust Nix/Whaley unless they are dumb enough to draft the 3rd best QB at #10". Does this apply even if the 3rd best QB is the highest rated player on the board? :rolleyes:

You are contradicting yourself. A few posts earlier you say "I fully trust Nix/Whaley". Then you move to..."I fully trust Nix/Whaley unless they are dumb enough to draft the 3rd best QB at #10". Does this apply even if the 3rd best QB is the highest rated player on the board? :rolleyes:

Hey! I can have mixed emotions! :P

And I guess the post above was an incomplete thought. I'd still trust Nix/Whaley, I'd still give them the rest of the draft to make up for it, I'd still hope that the QB succeeds... but I'd be kinda down on the pick.

I agree. We need to keep that top 7 strong. I'd take Ingram or LB. Ingram can provide depth/relief for the other ends, and taking a LB who can start from day 1 would also add to our pass rush attack.

Agreed on Ingram. Not high on Mercilus or Coples at all.

I'm not high on Mercilus or Coples either.

Hadrians Wall

These are Roman names not Greek. Sparta is in Greece. Spartacus was a Roman slave, if that is why you were calling them Spartans.

The Spartans, the greatest military enclaves of ancient times, trained their soldiers to have sex with each other promoting closeness in the ranks. The saying an army travels on its stomach is well known. But Spartan and Greek armies traveled on the behinds of little boys.

Well I hope they were wearing Trojans.

You never can have too many pass rushers! And Gmen wrote the book on how to beat Pats. Go Mario!

Well you know I usually agree with you Bro... :thumbsup:

But in this case I think The Bills have went to great lengths to improve the Pass Rush already...I hope that we'll see other D-Linemen (like Kelsay or Carrington), and a LB or two (like Moats?), freed up greatly now to do damage in the backfield...And I think now it's time to address other glaring needs on this Team (ie. LT, CB, WR, OLB)...As good as Ingram is (and I think he's pretty darn good...I saw him a ton while I lived in Charlotte NC), there is no way he's going to be a 3 Down Player as a Rookie in a 4-3 Defense...I think he can play all over the field in a 3-4...But in a 4-3 he's limited a bit...I think The Bills can get more impact at #10 for this Team as it is now...

I'm actually leaning towards the WR Floyd, or the CB Gilmore at #10...I think both would provide immediate impact as Starters, or at the very least as 3rd on the depth Chart at their Positions...They would play a ton and bring aspects that The Bills have almost none of now...Gilmore is that tall CB who is REAL physical and has great ball skills...Floyd is also physical...A power-forward type of WR who is a more-than-willing-blocker and the type that can go up and get an errant throw (something we see with Fitz a bit)...I think both these prospects are HUGE upgrades to what we have currently in those positions (like Donald Jones or McGee and Florance)...And that will make The Bills a better Team overall in 2012... B-)

Well you know I usually agree with you Bro... :thumbsup:

But in this case I think The Bills have went to great lengths to improve the Pass Rush already...I hope that we'll see other D-Linemen (like Kelsay or Carrington), and a LB or two (like Moats?), freed up greatly now to do damage in the backfield...And I think now it's time to address other glaring needs on this Team (ie. LT, CB, WR, OLB)...As good as Ingram is (and I think he's pretty darn good...I saw him a ton while I lived in Charlotte NC), there is no way he's going to be a 3 Down Player as a Rookie in a 4-3 Defense...I think he can play all over the field in a 3-4...But in a 4-3 he's limited a bit...I think The Bills can get more impact at #10 for this Team as it is now...

I'm actually leaning towards the WR Floyd, or the CB Gilmore at #10...I think both would provide immediate impact as Starters, or at the very least as 3rd on the depth Chart at their Positions...They would play a ton and bring aspects that The Bills have almost none of now...Gilmore is that tall CB who is REAL physical and has great ball skills...Floyd is also physical...A power-forward type of WR who is a more-than-willing-blocker and the type that can go up and get an errant throw (something we see with Fitz a bit)...I think both these prospects are HUGE upgrades to what we have currently in those positions (like Donald Jones or McGee and Florance)...And that will make The Bills a better Team overall in 2012... B-)

right back at you brother! When I made this post this was before the Anderson signing. And as usual I agree with your picks. My board would be Gilmore, then Floyd, then Kuecly. Gilmore is the player I wish the Bills to draft if we don't trade down. Imagine if we went defense with first two picks and added Gilmore and Lavonte David? That would be best Bills defense in a long time

right back at you brother! When I made this post this was before the Anderson signing. And as usual I agree with your picks. My board would be Gilmore, then Floyd, then Kuecly. Gilmore is the player I wish the Bills to draft if we don't trade down. Imagine if we went defense with first two picks and added Gilmore and Lavonte David? That would be best Bills defense in a long time

Exactly! Floyd is a bit of a tease though is he not? :lol: I mean...You wonder...How much better would this Offense be with a guy like Floyd on the other side of Stevie? Then I think back to reality and realize there were times when recievers were wide open and Fitz still missed them...Sometimes costing us games (the Giants game comes to mind)...So any Bills Fan HAS to ask themselves, how much will a true #2 REALLY help this Team if Fitz is still the QB?...I think it's a fair question...But if Buddy and Chan feel Floyd is the best player...So be it...

I would rather see them grab Gilmore at #10 as well...I think you can get a guy like Sanu or Jeffery in the 2nd Round, and in a year or two they could be every bit as good as Floyd...I don't think you can get a CB in the 2nd or 3rd that is going to be the good, physical, fast, and reliable package that Gilmore is...I like what Mike Lombardi said about Gilmore...He said, "To me he's a Starting CB in the NFL..." I think that's REALLY saying something...You've got a Kid who started 40 consecutive games in the SEC!!! That's tested! He's over 6' tall, had a TON of tackles...What's not to like? I think he brings GREAT value at #10, and would give the Bills 3 solid, VERY young CB's for the years to come... B-)

youtube.com/watch?v=5UuL8H2U-SA

dude could play de,lb or te.

dont see a better value at 10 then him, hes too good to pass up.

adding him to what we already have would give use a really good to great defense.

I think Ingram is a man without a home in a 4-3 unless he can convert to MLB...And that's not really a Need for The Bills...Good Player, bad fit at this point... B-)

I'm on the Melvin Ingram train. Would be excited to see him at #10.

I don't see him as a 4-3 end at all. I'd keep him at OLB to rush the QB or the Bills version of ILB Levon Kirkland in the middle.

Either way, you get a big time playmaker on defense.

You never can have too many pass rushers! And Gmen wrote the book on how to beat Pats. Go Mario!

That's hard to argue against, and I won't, but I'm thinking that we've made defensive improvements to start off with so how about an offensive player? Anyone for WR? There are a couple of good ones, one of whom will certainly be available; and wouldn't that really round out an explosive Offense!

I don't see him as a 4-3 end at all. I'd keep him at OLB to rush the QB or the Bills version of ILB Levon Kirkland in the middle.

43 OLBs dont rush the passer, he'd have to play DE, which is basically the 34 Rush-OLB position. Much like Merriman is moving to.

I honestly feel both Ingram and Upshaw can succeed in that position for us, given the rest of our DL.

Right on brother, as I said earlier h Fritz at QB defence will win us a champianship, go sack and put a hurt'in on the QB

The guy is a freak, plain and simple, would I LOVE for us to take him, yes, sadly I dont think he will be available, and I doubt we would take him if he were there. Given alshons proday today, I fear we may have to face both jeffrey and ingram twice a year, with mia taking ingram, and the jets taking jeffrey at 16.

I'm with you on Ingram. Seems to have something special and hard to stop.

Well, that's debatable. Yes, we are trying to make a playoff push, but every team that doesn't already have a qb they can call a star is trying to get themselves a star. If chix thinks Tannehill can be that guy, select him no questions asked. If chix thinks fitz is that star, then you pass. It's pretty simple IMO. The playoffs are going to be more easily attainable for the franchise if the franchise has a star qb.

Indeed it is pretty simple. Ralph, Nix, Gailey and Fitz's teammates have all expressed that they think that Fitz is "the guy". He has the constant verbal support of all of those mentioned and the contract to prove it. Agreed, the answer is simple. You don't draft Tannehill with the 10th overall pick to "groom" behind someone you think is "the guy" when you have plenty of other REAL needs to make this a play off team in 2012. Fortunately it seems that our football minded people running the show don't have the "messiah/savior" complex that many fans on this board have that if you don't have one of maybe 4 QBs in the league you are doomed. DOOOOOOMED!!!

It's plain as day and all these take him if he is there discussions are useless but it wouldn't be the first time we started thread after thread on something that won't happen :)

Edited by PDaDdy

43 OLBs dont rush the passer, he'd have to play DE, which is basically the 34 Rush-OLB position. Much like Merriman is moving to.

I honestly feel both Ingram and Upshaw can succeed in that position for us, given the rest of our DL.

I think he's be great in a 4-3. great athlete's can adapt at anything.

Because of the texture of this year's first round, I really like the idea of drafting a guy who has a chance to be a real impact player… and I hate the idea of a safe pick.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'll be disconsolate if we draft Riley Reiff, for instance. I don't believe he's very good and I don't believe that he'll get much better. JMO.

I like guys with upside and Ingram certainly has that.

The New York Giants (who happen to be world champs again) did something very interesting last year.

Because of injuries at middle linebacker, they made Matthias Kiwanuka their middle linebacker. Now Kiwanuka has been an edge rusher for his career, both at OLB and at DE. That's understandable because he is 6'5" and 265 pounds… a classic long, lean pass rusher. But due to the circumstances he manned the middle of the Giants' 4-3 D and was OUTSTANDING.

Because of the athleticism which enabled him to excel as a pass rusher, he had the athleticism needed to run sideline to sideline and the size and power to defeat blocks and punish ball carriers.

Now I'm not saying to make Ingram a middle linebacker… but I am saying that if you have a chance to get a freakishly good athlete who happens to be a helluva good football player, that you should draft him and figure out a way to play to his strengths.

Ingram is in this boat. So is Bruce Irvin. Their videotape is outstanding. Their athleticism is off the charts… in fact historically excellent.