New Bleacher Report

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no strong feeling about which player the Bills pick, at #10 this April. For some reason though, WR's going that early make me a little nervous. I can't pretend to know enough about Floyd (or any college player for that matter) to be opposed to taking him. I realize that WR is a need for the Bills (their biggest, I don't know), so I would just assume they go strong after a top tier WR free agent, than address the need this early in the draft. It may be boring, but I would almost prefer them to address their issues on either the O or D lines, with this pick. But, whatever...I just hope they get a good player.

I can't think of an efficient way for the mods to accomplish this, but there needs to be a BR moratorium.

I got an idea. Is there a way to set up a board filter so that anytime someone types "Bleacher Report" it gets replaced with the text "Some Random Internet Blogger"?

I get why people don't like the bleacher report articles that are full of speculation, rumors, and misinformation and attempt to pass these things off as news, but who cares if a mock draft comes from bleacher report or somewhere else? Mock drafts by their very nature are rumors and speculation, no matter the source.

I'd rather just come here and read your mock draft, rather than some BS from BR. Most posters here are more reasonable, more knowledgeable than the sewage coming out of that site. Sorry to be so harsh, but from what i see some still don't realize BR is just a glorified board for fanboys from every corner of this country.

At least at TBD the presentation leaves no confusion. This is a message board for fans of the Bills and there's no confusing that fact. It looks and sounds like a fan message board, nothing more, nothing less. What makes it good is the posters here are generally smarter and know more about football than the average fan on other sites.

BR is playing you. They copied the style and layout of sites with actual paid staff reporters and bloggers - places like yahoo! sports and espn.com and SB nation etc... The site looks like them and some think it's legitimate. It's not. It's filled with "articles" from fans who clearly know next to nothing about football. Sure they call themselves "fans" and i bet they get a kick out of seeing their drivel posted on the professional looking BR, but most of the regular posters here know more about the NFL than those guys would ever pick up in a lifetime.

So please, for your sake and mine, stop linking garbage from bleacher report. Make your own mock draft and just start a thread and post it here. We'd enjoy it more.

I can't think of an efficient way for the mods to accomplish this, but there needs to be a BR moratorium.

any text can be filtered if it was desired. I too cringe when I see this stuff posted here.

I have no strong feeling about which player the Bills pick, at #10 this April. For some reason though, WR's going that early make me a little nervous. I can't pretend to know enough about Floyd (or any college player for that matter) to be opposed to taking him. I realize that WR is a need for the Bills (their biggest, I don't know), so I would just assume they go strong after a top tier WR free agent, than address the need this early in the draft. It may be boring, but I would almost prefer them to address their issues on either the O or D lines, with this pick. But, whatever...I just hope they get a good player.

Same reason Randy Moss and Warren Sapp slipped...

Randy Moss commited to Notre Dame, then was involved in a racially motivated fight. Notre Dame then dropped him, and he committed to FSU. Moss then violated probation for failing a drug test, which caused FSU to dump him, and Moss then spent 60 days in Jail. Then he went to Marshall after blowing chances to play for Notre Dame and FSU.

Floyd was a team captain and worked as a custodian to help pay for Notre Dame. Big difference between Floyd's character and Moss's.

Spot on. I think that is exactly what they should do. I lean towards the DE position, but would not be mad a solid O-lineman anywhere on the line. Vincent is out there to be had and we can pick up Marvin McNutt or somebody like him in the 4-6 rounds come draft day.