is Justin Blackmon worth moving up to get?

I'm an ND fan. I love Floyd. That being said, I would still take Blackmon over Floyd. I think Blackmon is this year's can't miss WR prospect. Just as AJ Green was last year, Blackmon is that guy this year. He will come in and produce immediately. He understands coverages, reads the zone well, has all the athletic ability in the world, and is excellent after the catch.

I still think Floyd will be an excellent WR in the NFL, I just think Blackmon will be better. I would only trade up if reasonable, Maybe a swap of 1st rounders and a 3rd or something.

Honestly, I'd rather stay put and draft heavy defense.

Originally people saw him as a top 4 pick...now he can go between 5-8 ..... those are easy position to trade up for.... although I would rather have floyd

Buddy Nix has been pretty clear that he isn't trading up.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I'm an ND fan. I love Floyd. That being said, I would still take Blackmon over Floyd. I think Blackmon is this year's can't miss WR prospect. Just as AJ Green was last year, Blackmon is that guy this year. He will come in and produce immediately. He understands coverages, reads the zone well, has all the athletic ability in the world, and is excellent after the catch.

I still think Floyd will be an excellent WR in the NFL, I just think Blackmon will be better. I would only trade up if reasonable, Maybe a swap of 1st rounders and a 3rd or something.

Honestly, I'd rather stay put and draft heavy defense.

Agreed...Blackmon would look awesome in a Bills uniform lined up opposite Stevie. He is already a polished route runner with incredible hands and apparently 4.4 speed. I would love to have him if it didn't cost too much to move up but am ok with staying at 10 for an OT or even Ingram/Coples/Floyd (not Upshaw i'd take hightower ahead of him)

The free agent WR class is very deep and the WR draft class is above average. Considering the Bills already have a guy they consider to be a true #1, I doubt they trade up for Blackmon. I'm willing to bet they look to free agency for their #2 and not give up any draft picks in the process.

Ummm...No, niot really. We should draft a defensive player and that's final. Not that Blackmon isn't amazing, he is, but he's not worth trading up to get.

They also said they won't stretch to draft a defensive player....couples, upshaw, ect...... all are streches when you think about using them in 4-3 defense.... so you have to think over talent .... floyd/Blackmon or Couples/Upshaw which talent will be more rare or harder to find on day 2? ....

The evaluation for defensive players have been all over the board during this draft process so far....

4-3 defensive! ...in a draft filled with 3-4 defenders....so do you take a guy who is not top 10 talent just because of the defense you have in place? If that's the case just trade down and pick up an additional pick in the 2nd or 3rd round.....

I dont understand why anyone would like to trade draft picks for a wide receiver when this is a strong free agency for wide receivers......

Take advantage of it.....Vincent Jackson, Meechum, Manningham, the list goes on there are SEVERAL free agent wide outs that could step in and help us immedietely......

Linebackers and DEs that can help us are not as in plentiful supply......that is where our draft picks should be going.....also our backup QB position is not good........we need to draft a project that has a realistic chance of being decent down the road.

I dont understand why anyone would like to trade draft picks for a wide receiver when this is a strong free agency for wide receivers......

Take advantage of it.....Vincent Jackson, Meechum, Manningham, the list goes on there are SEVERAL free agent wide outs that could step in and help us immedietely......

Linebackers and DEs that can help us are not as in plentiful supply......that is where our draft picks should be going.....also our backup QB position is not good........we need to draft a project that has a realistic chance of being decent down the road.

Because you will end up over pay for a wr that you can draft....and defensively you can get a player in FA that can come in and make an impact right away.....

Originally people saw him as a top 4 pick...now he can go between 5-8 ..... those are easy position to trade up for.... although I would rather have floyd

:wallbash: :wallbash: NO ... we need to continue to build a team without sacrificing draft picks just to move up one or two spots. The quality player we get at #10 will help the bills and as much as I like Blackmon, taking a wide out with the first pick especially when it also costs us another pick seems foolish.

If we were sitting back with a pick in the late 20's or early 30's then trading our #1 and #3 might be worth a Blackmon but one of the Bills' errors during the first decade of the new millenium was to move up in the first round ... we need to stock pile picks like our 2011 draft and yes, even our 2010 draft.

The draft is deep in wideouts ...

People refuse to understand this. Nix is a guy that HATES trading draft picks.

Maximizing the value of draft pick through trading up and down take some thought and effort - time which Buddy historically has not invested in building a team

making moves opens him up to second guessing which can be deflected by staying with your original pick and taking what falls in your lap- even if is Aaron Maybin

as he himself has stated, he would rather be napping than chasing free agent talent

Edited by spartacus

I think as a general rule you don't move up unless you're trying to get a quarterback.

After that, you let the draft come to you… or you trade down.

That's pretty much what I was going to say when I clicked into the thread