Morrison Re-signs

I like it. He didn't get on the field much, but I've listened to him a good bit on XM radio this past year, he is (or was?) co-hosting some show with Rob Dibble. Smart dude, good veteran presence, definitely the type to be a leader. With a year under his belt, he's a no-brainer to bring back, and at a good price.

Good stuff happening... I love how we're heading into FA and the draft not having to scramble to fill any holes made by recent key departures. We're gonna build, and we're gonna add depth. Go Bills!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously. There are only two all-pro safeties in the league every year. Period. I'll tell ya what- the way he was playing the first half of last year, George Wilson was playing at an all-pro level. Not second NFC pro bowl alternate who gets a phone call because no one else felt like playing. Not to mention, didn't Byrd get like one all-pro vote this year or something? Whitner would have unquestionably been the third best safety on our team last season.

I think you can make the argument Byrd was our best player on D last year.

Im glad to see him resigned. Hopefully we got a deal.

I havent read thru the first two pages of this thread so if im repeating someone elses comment i apologize.

I heard Stevie mention that when he was talking to other players like Kirk about signing somewhere else the issue of the "grass is NOT always greener on the other side" came up. Until then i didnt even know that this guy was looked upon as a lockerroom leader. For stevie to go pick his mind on something like upcoming free agency means he commands a bit of respect right?

We need guys like this.

absolutely LOVED his interview with the bulldog on wgr this afternoon. this guy has the attitude and enthusiasm that i love to hear in a player. he sounds hungry and humble. and he really comes across as genuinely loving the buffalo community. i wish him all the best and will be rooting for him this season.

Morrison didn't play last year only because he got to camp so late. By the time he learned the defense and was completely comfortable in it, the team had already decided to get Sheppard in there and play because he was the future at LB on the Bills. With Barnett playing well, and he and Sheppard rarely leaving the field except for a CB in obvious pass downs, there really was no chance for Morrison to play. He was only on a one year deal.

Morrison didn't play last year only because he got to camp so late. By the time he learned the defense and was completely comfortable in it, the team had already decided to get Sheppard in there and play because he was the future at LB on the Bills. With Barnett playing well, and he and Sheppard rarely leaving the field except for a CB in obvious pass downs, there really was no chance for Morrison to play. He was only on a one year deal.

Do think then Morrison was brought back mostly for Depth? Start in 'base' D? Truely asking.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Very Good signing, remember Chris White looked pretty talented til he got hurt... I'm good with Morrison as SLB until there is someone better suited for the role on the team. Right now: Byrd Wilson

Florence Morrison Sheppard Barnett Williams

Merriman Williams Dareus Carrington/Kelsay

Do think then Morrison was brought back mostly for Depth? Start in 'base' D? Truely asking.

I think he is the designated and very likely starter at SAM LB. Unless we sign a big name FA or #1 pick at OLB, he will start. Wanny is very likely very comfortable with Morrison starting because he is a smart, aggressive, big hitting vet. Wanny doesn't have to worry about him being out of position or missing assignments much as we change over the defense again. Without him, the strong side OLB position was the most glaring need and open hole on the team even though the pass rush is the biggest problem. We had no one to start there. Now we do. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised by him. I don't predict he will be great, or all-pro, or get 100 tackles, but he is a solid, serviceable, dependable veteran player.

I think he is the designated and very likely starter at SAM LB. Unless we sign a big name FA or #1 pick at OLB, he will start. Wanny is very likely very comfortable with Morrison starting because he is a smart, aggressive, big hitting vet. Wanny doesn't have to worry about him being out of position or missing assignments much as we change over the defense again. Without him, the strong side OLB position was the most glaring need and open hole on the team even though the pass rush is the biggest problem. We had no one to start there. Now we do. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised by him. I don't predict he will be great, or all-pro, or get 100 tackles, but he is a solid, serviceable, dependable veteran player.

Thank You

I love what is happening this week (Stevie, Chandler) and signing Morrison back is great.

Morrison played 5 years in Oakland and then signed as a FA with the Jags and had a bad season there/didn't

fit in, whatever (ergo his comment to Stevie about the grass not always being greener)...and kind of what happened

to Florence also moving from SD to JAX for the big contract...but what it sounds like many have forgotten are that

Morrison's numbers in Oakland were stellar.

In 5 years in Oakland, his tackle totals were: 116, 127, 120, 135, 133. That's a boatload of tackles.

He just turned 30 this month. I don't think the 2 down years in Jax and Buff are about him slowing down, but more about

change and circumstances. His averages in Oakland (per year) were 126 tackles, 1 sack, 3.5 passes defended, 1.5 INTs, 1.2 FFs.

If we get that Kirk Morrison this year, we got a steal.

Keep it up Buddy!

Edited by folz

absolutely LOVED his interview with the bulldog on wgr this afternoon. this guy has the attitude and enthusiasm that i love to hear in a player. he sounds hungry and humble. and he really comes across as genuinely loving the buffalo community. i wish him all the best and will be rooting for him this season.

I heard it yesterday and listened to it again this morning at work. I LOVE this guys attitude too. Couldn't agree with you more.

I'm thinking that they didn't really like those guys that much, particularly at their price tags.

I agree. We got Barnett, who is better than Poz, for way less. Jacksonville sucks because they make stupid signing like the Puz one, and draft terribly.

I love what is happening this week (Stevie, Chandler) and signing Morrison back is great.

Morrison played 5 years in Oakland and then signed as a FA with the Jags and had a bad season there/didn't

fit in, whatever (ergo his comment to Stevie about the grass not always being greener)...and kind of what happened

to Florence also moving from SD to JAX for the big contract...but what it sounds like many have forgotten are that

Morrison's numbers in Oakland were stellar.

In 5 years in Oakland, his tackle totals were: 116, 127, 120, 135, 133. That's a boatload of tackles.

He just turned 30 this month. I don't think the 2 down years in Jax and Buff are about him slowing down, but more about

change and circumstances. His averages in Oakland (per year) were 126 tackles, 1 sack, 3.5 passes defended, 1.5 INTs, 1.2 FFs.

If we get that Kirk Morrison this year, we got a steal.

Keep it up Buddy!

100% agree. And Wanny is the DC now, not Edwards. Jacksonville is a joke. I think the old Morrison returns. Can't wait.