DT's Dareus, K Williams

RE Edwards

OLB Morrison, Barnett

MLB Sheppard

CBs McGee, Williams

SS Wilson

FS Byrd

Merriman would be the pass rushing RE on passing downs

If we can upgrade RE (Ingram) and and some depth to the LB corps we could alright for next season on D.

Edited by Bufcomments

Not really. Alternate pro-bowl and All-Pro are not a matter of semantics. Big difference.

Obviously. There are only two all-pro safeties in the league every year. Period. I'll tell ya what- the way he was playing the first half of last year, George Wilson was playing at an all-pro level. Not second NFC pro bowl alternate who gets a phone call because no one else felt like playing. Not to mention, didn't Byrd get like one all-pro vote this year or something? Whitner would have unquestionably been the third best safety on our team last season.

So right now with the players we have signed are starting D would be

LE Kelsey

DT's Dareus, K Williams

RE Edwards

OLB Morrison, Barnett

MLB Sheppard

CBs McGee, Williams

SS Wilson

FS Byrd

Merriman would be the pass rushing RE on passing downs

If we can upgrade RE (Ingram) and and some depth to the LB corps we could alright for next season on D.

You think McGee starts over Florence & McKelvin?

I love McGee, but his starting days are over.

You think McGee starts over Florence & McKelvin?

I love McGee, but his starting days are over.

Yes I do , when healthy McGee is better than both McKelvin and Florence.

Florence was burned alot last yr and McKelvin lost snaps to Rodgers .

Obviously. There are only two all-pro safeties in the league every year. Period. I'll tell ya what- the way he was playing the first half of last year, George Wilson was playing at an all-pro level. Not second NFC pro bowl alternate who gets a phone call because no one else felt like playing. Not to mention, didn't Byrd get like one all-pro vote this year or something? Whitner would have unquestionably been the third best safety on our team last season.

+1

This is right on the money.

I like this re-signing. Morrison is not old and is a legitimate NFL player. I'm very comfortable with him starting at Sam and backing up the Mike. Allegedly a pretty cheap deal, too ($3m total for 2 years, up to $4m with incentives).

Remember, the Bills, like every other team in the NFL, spend most of the game in nickel or dime defense. Base D linebackers who don't also double as nickel linebackers only play like 15-20 snaps a game.

Between the coordinator/scheme upgrade, (hopefully) getting Kyle Williams back at full strength, and natural development of young guys like Dareus & Sheppard, our D should be much better next year even without adding better pass-rushing talent. Which is good, because I don't see any rookie making much of an impact (hope I'm wrong if we draft one at #10), and I don't see us getting Mario Williams. With Cliff Avril franchised, I'm not big on any of the other FA pass-rusher options.

Depth ? The FO is on a serious 'keep your own' run. Quite a contrast from last offseason when they didnt go out of their way to re-sign Poz, Whitner

Who cares bout Whitner or POZ. We upgraded ther positions with cheaper replacements.

G Wilson is better S than whitner. Cost bout the same maybe George comes cheaper

Barnett Replaces Poz for a lot less and way way better!

I think it was smart to not resign. Nix is starting to look like he might know what he is doing.

Couple good FA acquisitions and another solid draft and B-lo may be looking at the post season! Hopefully! :flirt:

Kinda surprised by this one. my first reaction was why bother with him, same thing I thought of Ruvell re-signing but these are the guys u need to play special teams and provide depth.

Lets go Buffalo!!!!

You aren't very acquainted with Morrison's career? He's a very good player. He signed late last year, started off behind the curve. This year I think we will see the Morrison of past years. Very productive in the run game and a good leader. Won't be surprised to see hims start. At least play run downs.

Depth ? The FO is on a serious 'keep your own' run. Quite a contrast from last offseason when they didnt go out of their way to re-sign Poz, Whitner

Yeah but Poz and Whitner weren't doing anything here. At least Chandler and Johnson contributed with some big plays. Glad Whitner and Poz are gone.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I don't know how to feel about this. Did Morrison play last year? I don't remember him making any plays, so I don't know why I should be excited. I'm not being negative. I just don't know.

This is a really good signing. A terrific week for the Bills front office. Morrison fills a gaping hole and is a decent to solid starter or great depth if we draft an OLB high who breaks out. Really good locker room guy. He's big and can hit and is smart. Wanny probably likes him a lot and convinced him to stay. Without a guy like him we know can start, it opens up a lot more options in FA and the draft. He's just a good guy, good player, good attitude and good signing.

Yes he is. He is a veteran LB that's what the bills need. He has a lot of experience playing against tougher teams like the Colts(with Manning). He played Manning a few times when with Jax. That is a good thing. The bills have a couple of draft picks from the trade for Paus. Good thing that they have a lot of Draft picks, beacause I heard that they are a couple of good LB's in the Draft this year. If the bills play their cards right in the 1st and 2nd round, they might get some big playmakers in the draft and that could change the bills defense. Now that FA is coming soon they don't have to worry to sign any of their Free Agents, other than Bell and Corvo. NO worry's, No problems for their organization.