Kyle Williams has achilles detatched

I had the same surgery in 1989 and was back running after 9 months. They also rebuilt the rest of my ankle, but bone spur surgery is very common and it heals just fine.

It's my understanding that the artificial materials used to re-attach the tendon make the connection stronger than before. Did your doctors mention this to you at all?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will second the fact that the OP is kind of misleading. Here I was thinking that he was gone for good.

That said, I'm looking at this with cautious optimism. I think that he and Dareus together are going to be an improvement if we can get another two people on the line to help that are halfway decent.

I think a lot of what is out there is bull. Just because you have surgery to repair something everyone always assumes that it means you'll "never be the same". Fact is, you're right, you could be even better. He's had this foot problem for a long time and its been nagging him, now he finally is taking the appropriate step to correct it and he'll probably have more of a burst once it's healed. He won't have to worry about every little step (sorry bobby brown for bittin).

Was Sam Cowart the same after his Achilles? I think you have to protect yourself. Don't be surprised if we pursue a guy like Fletcher Cox or even the great Dontari Poe. I dunno who the Bills are going to draft, but I think he's gonna weigh 300+.

Was Sam Cowart the same after his Achilles? I think you have to protect yourself. Don't be surprised if we pursue a guy like Fletcher Cox or even the great Dontari Poe. I dunno who the Bills are going to draft, but I think he's gonna weigh 300+.

Cowart had a rupture. Completely different animal. And you're right, he wasn't the same.

GO BILLS!!!

Apples and oranges- sprained ankle vs broken leg vs amputated leg- all leg injuries

Talked to a podiatrist buddy (Jets fan, but a good guy anyway) who does a lot of these surgeries about KW right after he had the surgery done and he said he'll be back for training camp no problem, barring any unforeseen complications. So far it seems like he's progressing on-time, and has more mobility than he's had in years.

Talked to a podiatrist buddy (Jets fan, but a good guy anyway) who does a lot of these surgeries about KW right after he had the surgery done and he said he'll be back for training camp no problem, barring any unforeseen complications. So far it seems like he's progressing on-time, and has more mobility than he's had in years.

But he had his achilles DETACHED! Oh, the humanity!

Does your Jet-fan, podiatrist buddy have any professional insights into Rex Ryan's foot fetish? I figured he could offer a unique perspective.

GO BILLS!!!

But he had his achilles DETACHED!

The article actually said "detatched". I believe "detached" is when the hair of the perineum, more commonly known as the "tache" is removed prior to incision.

The Doc dabbles in doucheology, perhaps he can confirm this.

One way to look at it is, If he played as well as he did with bone spur that had him walking awkward for more than a year.

Imagine how well he will play when he doesn't have to walk funny.

:flirt:

Edited by Why So Serious?

An Achilles tear is usually a career killer- look no further than Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes. While Williams did not tear his, I now feel more concerend about his career that I did before I knew what type of procedure he had. :unsure:

If anyone believes Kyle Williams will be 100% when he returns will be dreaming... Knowing this I now hope Overdorf gets OT Bell re-signed more than ever... Da Bills most likely will want to re-inforce our tackle position with their first round, knowing Kyle won't be the player we all would like him to be...Building the O-line and D-line should be their first priority in the draft... using high picks in the draft... Nix will have a good draft, but I do not believe the front office (Overdorf and Littmann) will have a good offseason. Have they ever?

If anyone believes Kyle Williams will be 100% when he returns will be dreaming... Knowing this I now hope Overdorf gets OT Bell re-signed more than ever... Da Bills most likely will want to re-inforce our tackle position with their first round, knowing Kyle won't be the player we all would like him to be...Building the O-line and D-line should be their first priority in the draft... using high picks in the draft... Nix will have a good draft, but I do not believe the front office (Overdorf and Littmann) will have a good offseason. Have they ever?

Hard to argue that strategy and if an OT, DT, or DE is rated their BPA at 10 then I gotta believe they'll select him. Buddy won't reach for need, though. My hunch is they're gonna have one of the OTs as their BPA at 10 and they'll take him regardless of what happens with Bell.

GO BILLS!!!

An Achilles tear is usually a career killer- look no further than Sam Cowart and Takeo Spikes. While Williams did not tear his, I now feel more concerend about his career that I did before I knew what type of procedure he had. :unsure:

Yeah Spikes has only started 74 games has had 318 tackles and 7 sacks since leaving buffalo.

IT IS 2012 people.

I think a lot of what is out there is bull. Just because you have surgery to repair something everyone always assumes that it means you'll "never be the same". Fact is, you're right, you could be even better.

Exactly. Look at Tommy John surgery. It's amazing what modern medicine can do. I bet he'll be back.

But he had his achilles DETACHED! Oh, the humanity!

Does your Jet-fan, podiatrist buddy have any professional insights into Rex Ryan's foot fetish? I figured he could offer a unique perspective.

GO BILLS!!!

I never asked him, but being a podiatrist, and a Jets fan, I'm sure he sympathizes with Ryan.

The article actually said "detatched". I believe "detached" is when the hair of the perineum, more commonly known as the "tache" is removed prior to incision.

The Doc dabbles in doucheology, perhaps he can confirm this.

Seems like you know more about "doucheology" than I do. So we'll just go with what you said.

I don't why but the last sentence really gave me a chuckle.