Now Fred Jackson!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much rather talk about Jackson's heroism, great play and running style but Stevie's signing is illusory without Fred Jackson in the backfield. Now i realize there are many that think backs are a dime a dozen or that Fred's age doesn't warrant a long term deal; Additionally there's been a spark from Spiller but Fred Jackson is the Bills.

Marshawn's signing is also a slap in the face to Fred. Fred is the better of the two. Now Nix has stated in the past that "we want to keep Fred and that he is a big part of what we are trying to to do in Buffalo" however he also seemed agitated when asked if and when Fred will be rewarded w a new contract and the response: "Last time i checked he's currently under contract for another year isn't he?"

We cant fool around with the heart and soul of the teams ATLAS. Fair deal: 21 million over 3 years. 10 million guaranteed.

Fred can wait sign Chandler.

You can take your information and base your opinion on something you read. I'll base my opinion on my personal experience since I've gone through it. I'm pretty sure I'm more informative on the subject considering I've experienced this before and your just reading about it.

Like I said before, you don't know what your talking about. I don't care what some site, forum, or doctors opinion is. The fact is I've been through it and know for a fact it's not as easy as everyone here thinks they know.

Goodnight.

wow. You had a broken leg once and now you're the authority on the subject. I guess Fred has the same injury as Eric Wood seeing as how the both had broken legs. I guess you're right though, I mean really, who would know more, a doctor familiar with the actual injury or some guy who knows nothing about the particulars but once had a broken leg 15 years ago?

wow. You had a broken leg once and now you're the authority on the subject. I guess Fred has the same injury as Eric Wood seeing as how the both had broken legs. I guess you're right though, I mean really, who would know more, a doctor familiar with the actual injury or some guy who knows nothing about the particulars but once had a broken leg 15 years ago?

I guess we will see when Freds career is done but like I said, you have no idea what your talking about. I've been through it, have you?

I did not see a few of the games towards the end of the season so I missed Spiller's performance. I hear he ran the rock really well. I think SPiller will be great RB, BUT >>> IMO we need to keep Fred as the feature RB.

He was a stud in 2011. He is not elite, but he is very close ... a very good RB. The guy's a friggin stud. Sign him now! I agree!! He is an integral part of our offense!

This is annoying. It's not like he's coming off a blown knee, ruptured achilles, or compound fracture. He'll be fine. The injury is a non-issue.

Sadly, the injury did come at a bad time. Freddie is under contract in 2012 and quite frankly, the Bills have the upper hand on wether to extend! He was awesome in 2011 and hope he gets his extension in 2012!

I know some may have missed this part but Nix said, in no uncertain terms, they will negotiate an extension for Fred before camp. Considering Buddy's track record of doing what he says, it will happen.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sadly, the injury did come at a bad time. Freddie is under contract in 2012 and quite frankly, the Bills have the upper hand on wether to extend! He was awesome in 2011 and hope he gets his extension in 2012!

I was watching him closely. It seemed that he knew right away what had just happened and what it meant.

when he was Standing! on the sidelines with his big bag on you could see how dissappointed he was. I saw the "wow i just screwed myself flash once or twice" It was a sad day. I hope he gets healthy can lead the transition to Spiller style and get paid fairly with a bit extra up front. I dont see why we wont do that based on our recent behaviour between players and management.

Could be one heck of a tandem eh!

This should not even be close to their number one prioity right now. He is under contract another year. Free Agency starts in a couple of weeks, then the draft, then signing drafted players. I would be shocked if they get around to Fred before summer at least - no reason to. Nix has stated numerous times that he wants to sign Jackson to an extension. Jackson has been told this. I am sure he will get to it at the right time.

This.

No hurry with Freddy yet. They have a whole year.

I guess we will see when Freds career is done but like I said, you have no idea what your talking about. I've been through it, have you?

Got it dude. You had a broken leg, all broken legs are exactly like yours, and you know everything there is to know about the subject. Thanks man, we're all more enlightened now.

Fred is an excellent dedicated athlete, and he has a proffesional NFL staff to help him recover. that might be the difference.

I also have broken and twisted up my parts over time. Now that i am 50 i am starting to recall all the **** i shook off back then kinda.

And i get up lot slower and walk funny sometimes. But i am no Fred. He will be fine. He is FredEX and earthly things can not stop him. He showed that the last two seasons. Heck he runs plays for the Bills! Now that takes a special type of fellow indeed :thumbsup:

Edited by 3rdand12

I really am not understanding the teeth wrenching over this.....

- We resigned WIlliams to a long term deal

- We resigned our starting RT to a long term deal

- We resigned Fitz to a long term deal

- We resigned our number 1 receiver to a long term deal

The Bills ARE resigning their players.....Jackson has already been told he will be extended....it will happen.

Actually....when you think about it for all the bashing Nix has taken on this board he has been a man of his word. He resigns his own starting caliber players instead of letting them get away like the bills have in the past. The team appears to be headed in the right direction.

AGREE 100 % :thumbsup:

Got it dude. You had a broken leg, all broken legs are exactly like yours, and you know everything there is to know about the subject. Thanks man, we're all more enlightened now.

You might be the biggest @$$hole on this forum. It's not about me comparing my injury to Freds. It's about proving your an idiot. The only knowledge you have of the subject is something you read and assume it's the end all be all of facts. I don't expect you to understand what I'm talking about but for you to quote what someone reported and state it as an undeputed fact is just as rediculous as me saying I know for a fact that Freds career will be done. I'm statingy opinion off of personal experience with the SAME injury that Fred had. Enjoy your life my friend. I hope you work somewhere that you font make important descisions from pure speculation of things you've heard from others and not experienced for yourself. Come to think of it, somewhere in the past I heard that JP Losman, Trent Edwards would be the next franchise QBs of this teams future, it must be true.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Freddie:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/27/fred-update/

Bills GM Buddy Nix brought things up to date on where things stand with Fred Jackson and a contract extension for the dynamic running back.

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan, Nix explained the plan concerning Jackson, who has a year remaining on his current contract.

“Fred and I have visited a couple of times,” said Nix. ”Fred has been vocal some about wanting a new deal and that kind of thing so finally I called him in and we talked twice. I told him we’re going to offer you an extension. We had priorities with guys that were unrestricted that we didn’t want to lose. I told him when we get through it we’ll at least do it before training camp. That way there’s no chance of him getting hurt. He’ll be healthy and he’ll have an extension before he goes to camp. We’ll be as straight as we can with him.”

Update on Freddie:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/27/fred-update/

Bills GM Buddy Nix brought things up to date on where things stand with Fred Jackson and a contract extension for the dynamic running back.

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan, Nix explained the plan concerning Jackson, who has a year remaining on his current contract.

“Fred and I have visited a couple of times,” said Nix. ”Fred has been vocal some about wanting a new deal and that kind of thing so finally I called him in and we talked twice. I told him we’re going to offer you an extension. We had priorities with guys that were unrestricted that we didn’t want to lose. I told him when we get through it we’ll at least do it before training camp. That way there’s no chance of him getting hurt. He’ll be healthy and he’ll have an extension before he goes to camp. We’ll be as straight as we can with him.”

Sooooo, basically what he's said every time somebody asks him about it.

Isn't it great though?

Having a competent, level headed straight shooting GM?

Yeah! It's !@#$ing amazing!! :)

I absolutely love how completely astonished Bills Nation is by a FO that does things which a.) make sense b.) indicate a clear, effective plan and c.) actually make our team better. It certainly is refreshing!

Having a competent, level headed straight shooting GM?

Yeah! It's !@#$ing amazing!! :)

I absolutely love how completely astonished Bills Nation is by a FO that does things which a.) make sense b.) indicate a clear, effective plan and c.) actually make our team better. It certainly is refreshing!

No Joke! It's awesome! Truthfully, I'm still in a bit of disbelief.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/27/2011-elusive-rating/

Pro Football Focus 2011 Elusive ratings

Which running backs did the best job with the ball in their hands in 2011? That question can be incredibly difficult to answer and is often based on some very misleading numbers. Rushing yards and touchdowns are nice, but they can’t separate the job of the running back from the blocking in front of him, and many times are more indicative of the offense in general than the individual runner.

At Pro Football Focus we try and go deeper than that, and the Elusive Rating Signature Stat is our attempt at isolating the performance of a runner from his blockers by looking at what he does on each play.

Freddie!!! Freddie!!! Freddie!!!