Obama Calls Sandra Fluke to Console Her

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-defends-limbaughs-free-speech-rights-responds-to-false-equivalency-from-right/

“I don’t like it that people are made to disappear when they say something, or people try to make them disappear when they say something you don’t like. That’s America. Sometimes you’re made to feel uncomfortable, okay?”

He said that all Limbaugh was guilty of was making an unfunny joke with a “disgusting sentiment” behind it. Maher clarified that he is in no way defending Limbaugh, but he is defending the idea of speaking out however one chooses in the public sphere as opposed to everyone just acting like “White House spokesmen.” And Maher even cited a statement from the ACLU, of all people, standing up for Limbaugh’s free speech.

“And I hear people saying when they put pressure on his sponsors, ‘Oh, the system is working.’ No, it’s not. That’s the system being manipulated.”

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other words, who they are matters more than what they say.

This has been the MSM's "standard" since Dan Rather took over for Cronkite. Paul Ryan is making good point after good point, anyone can argue, or not :lol:, but there's no issue with Ryan's content. It's interestingly presented, and he's doesn't scare the crap out of you when you see him on TV. Yet, we see this guy way more often, usually making incoherent arguments, about things that are simply not a priority. Why else would a completely superficial medium go out of its way to contradict those views only in specific circumstances involving politics?

Other than: who they are "(D)" matters more than what they say, however correct and insightful it may be.

For those of you who want to watch Firefly again, it's all on Netflix instant streaming, in the correct order.

Dude come on, like we don't know? I've had netflix for a while now. You can also get them at my favorite website that allows you to watchfreeseries.....com And, before Darin has a another hissy fit, yes, I know that's illegal.

However, my original motivation for getting Netflix was because I did feel genuinely guilty for dling so many movies/series for literally years. But then you come to find out that Netflix finds a way to hose you at every turn. Like only having 1 season of something, or having season 2 today, then only season 3 tomorrow. Infinitely annoying. Think of the bottom 30% of movies, of all time....and maybe 10 good ones, that's what Netflix streams.

As a result, I keep paying for Netflix, but I sure as hell use my pirate sites. And, until the product/service being sold is commensurate with the price being charged, I will continue to use the pirates, and tough schit if your dopey, tight ass don't like it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-maher-defends-limbaughs-free-speech-rights-responds-to-false-equivalency-from-right/

“I don’t like it that people are made to disappear when they say something, or people try to make them disappear when they say something you don’t like. That’s America. Sometimes you’re made to feel uncomfortable, okay?”

He said that all Limbaugh was guilty of was making an unfunny joke with a “disgusting sentiment” behind it. Maher clarified that he is in no way defending Limbaugh, but he is defending the idea of speaking out however one chooses in the public sphere as opposed to everyone just acting like “White House spokesmen.” And Maher even cited a statement from the ACLU, of all people, standing up for Limbaugh’s free speech.

“And I hear people saying when they put pressure on his sponsors, ‘Oh, the system is working.’ No, it’s not. That’s the system being manipulated.”

Right on :thumbsup:

It must be tough to rise to fame on a signature issue only to see that issue essentially evaporate leaving you with no purpose or audience. She's just making a fool of herself now. It's amusing to see how much dignity people will trade for a shot at 15 more minutes.

Wow, seriously.......stop embarrassing yourself.

Being in college has nothing to do with it.....she's thirty

By your (lack of) reasoning, Georgetown paying for the staff's "pills" makes them college kids

We get it, you don't appreciate the jokes, but your absolute inability to grasp the actual basics of this case is just laughable (and sad)

And the pwnage continues......

On your side you have blame shifting and rationalization and Alska Darin.

On my side I have facts, hundreds of advertisers and perhaps Americas greatest legal mind.

The great Mark Steyn

Miss Fluke goes to Washington: When even casual sex requires a state welfare program, you're pretty much done for.

I'm writing this from Australia, so, if I'm not quite up to speed on recent events in the United States, bear with me – the telegraph updates are a bit slow here in the bush. As I understand it, Sandra Fluke is a young coed who attends Georgetown Law and recently testified before Congress.

Oh, wait, no. Update: It wasn't a congressional hearing; the Democrats just got it up to look like one, like summer stock, with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid doing the show right here in the barn and providing a cardboard set for the world premiere of "Miss Fluke Goes To Washington," with full supporting cast led by Chuck Schumer strolling in through the French windows in tennis whites and drawling, "Anyone for bull****?"

Oh, and the "young coed" turns out to be 30, which is what less-evolved cultures refer to as early middle age. She's a couple of years younger than Mozart was at the time he croaked but, if the Dems are to be believed, the plucky little Grade 24 schoolgirl has already made an even greater contribution to humanity.

{snip}

All of us are born with the unalienable right to life, liberty and a lifetime supply of premium ribbed silky-smooth, ultrasensitive, spermicidal, lubricant condoms. No taxation without rubberization, as the Minutemen said. The shot heard round the world and all that.

Nor is the core issue that, whatever the merits of government contraception, America is the brokest nation in history – although the Fluke story is a useful reminder that the distinction between fiscal and social conservatism is generally false.

As almost all those fashionable split-the-difference fiscally conservative/socially liberal governors from George Pataki to California's pathetically terminated Terminator eventually discover, their social liberalism comes with a hell of a price tag. Ask the Greeks how easy it is for insolvent nations to wean the populace off unaffordable nanny-state lollipops: When even casual sex requires a state welfare program, you're pretty much done for.

No, the most basic issue here is not religious morality, individual liberty or fiscal responsibility. It's that a society in which middle-age children of privilege testify before the most powerful figures in the land to demand state-enforced funding for their sex lives at a time when their government owes more money than anyone has ever owed in the history of the planet is quite simply nuts.

Gloria Allred thinks Limbaw should be arrested

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73829.html

Alright lefties, defend this staunch defender of women's rights

Look at the post right above yours.

The great Mark Steyn

You can disagree with someone without mocking them or calling them vile names. Well, most people can. Rush and you seem to have problems with that. At least this guy doesn't invoke mean names like that on a college kid.

Look at the post right above yours.

You can disagree with someone without mocking them or calling them vile names. Well, most people can. Rush and you seem to have problems with that. At least this guy doesn't invoke mean names like that on a college kid.

Look at the post two above your previous post.

However, my original motivation for getting Netflix was because I did feel genuinely guilty for dling so many movies/series for literally years. But then you come to find out that Netflix finds a way to hose you at every turn. Like only having 1 season of something, or having season 2 today, then only season 3 tomorrow. Infinitely annoying. Think of the bottom 30% of movies, of all time....and maybe 10 good ones, that's what Netflix streams.

As a result, I keep paying for Netflix, but I sure as hell use my pirate sites. And, until the product/service being sold is commensurate with the price being charged, I will continue to use the pirates, and tough schit if your dopey, tight ass don't like it.

As usual people don't really know how the industry works. Netflix is at the mercy of the studios. They're the ones who decide what gets aired. Netflix just took a big hit when Starz pulled their movies and shows in March.

"Unfortunately many have tried to characterize this amendment as denying women access to contraception. That’s a red herring, and it’s false. We are talking about government mandates that are interfering with conscience protections here that have long been engrained in our law. And just to be clear, women had access to these services before the president passed the Affordable Care Act, and after this amendment would be passed, we’d still have access to these important services.

Contrary to what some of my friends on the other side of the aisle have asserted, this measure simply allows health-care providers and companies to have the same conscience rights they had before the president’s health-care bill took effect.

We’re not breaking any new ground here.

In fact, we are respecting what is contained within the First Amendment to the Constitution and what has long been a bipartisan effort to respect the conscience rights of all Americans, whatever their religious views are.

This vote goes to the heart of who we are."

Senator Kelly Ayotte ® NH

Dude come on, like we don't know? I've had netflix for a while now. You can also get them at my favorite website that allows you to watchfreeseries.....com And, before Darin has a another hissy fit, yes, I know that's illegal.

I finally got it a few months ago. I think there are a lot more good movies on there than people think. You might not have heard of them, but they're there.

I just wish there were more Wes Anderson movies to stream.

I clearly identified it as just something off another board at this point in time. If I get a chance I'll try to verify it. Now, I responded to you in Post #458 in this thread but you continue to say that this would never be a big deal if she was allowed to "testify" befor Daryl Issa's committee. Her "testimony" was going to be about something other than what the committee hearing was about. She couldn't bring anything to the table, so she wasn't allowed to speak. Nancy and friends put on that dog and pony show to talk about free contraception, framing it as women's health. They tried to call her just a co-ed concerned about having to pay $3000 for her contraception when she was just an activist who's also a lesbian. You continue to try to confuse the issue.

She says she's an activist at the beginning of her testimony. Why do you keep on mentioning it like it's some big secret the left doesn't want you to know about?

Gloria Allred thinks Limbaw should be arrested

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73829.html

Alright lefties, defend this staunch defender of women's rights

That's a joke right? You want me to defend a crazy lady?

That's a joke right? You want me to defend a crazy lady?

Cool. She's dusting off a 130-year old statute that specifically makes it a misdemeanor to publicly question a woman's chastity. In reference to a woman who's a "reproductive rights" activist. :lol:

I wonder what other 130-year old statutes Florida has that we can charge Allred with? Do they have an "it's illegal for women to drive" law still on the books like Missouri has?

Cool. She's dusting off a 130-year old statute that specifically makes it a misdemeanor to publicly question a woman's chastity. In reference to a woman who's a "reproductive rights" activist. :lol:

I wonder what other 130-year old statutes Florida has that we can charge Allred with? Do they have an "it's illegal for women to drive" law still on the books like Missouri has?

My community has a couple of subdivisions that the deeds still restrict ownership by blacks, Irish, Italians*, BFBF and DIN. I think they should forget about the first three but nowhere in the constitution does it restrict discrimination against stupid.

* a total joke, but still included in some deeds.

You know who's hating this right now? Bill Maher, and anyone who ever uttered the words "Where was your anger when Bush was (fill in the blank)?"

Steinem, Morgan, and Fonda should be calling for Maher and Shultz to be taking off the air, too, no?

From their article:

Limbaugh doesn't just call people names. He promotes language that deliberately dehumanizes his targets. Like the sophisticated propagandist Josef Goebbels, he creates rhetorical frames -- and the bigger the lie the more effective -- inciting listeners to view people they disagree with as sub-humans.

You could replace Limbaugh with either Maher or Shultz and not be wrong. But that wouldn't work for these three women because if it really took all three of them to write a single article for CNN, I'm certain they'd need another three people to come up with this simple, basic thought.

You know who's hating this right now? Bill Maher, and anyone who ever uttered the words "Where was your anger when Bush was (fill in the blank)?"

Steinem, Morgan, and Fonda should be calling for Maher and Shultz to be taking off the air, too, no?

From their article:

You could replace Limbaugh with either Maher or Shultz and not be wrong. But that wouldn't work for these three women because if it really took all three of them to write a single article for CNN, I'm certain they'd need another three people to come up with this simple, basic thought.

Why should Maher be taken off the air, he's a comedian? At some point in time maybe all the center-right people in this country should boycott every company that dropped any of the conservative talk show hosts? Now that would be the thing.

I am trying to find the.point at which this thread jumped the shark. That phrase may need to be renamed soon.....

Jumping the Fluke (not that that phrase probably hasn't already been invented. I keed, I keed)?

Limbaugh was an idiot for calling her a slut and a prostitute. Allred is an idiot for thinking he should be prosecuted. The girl is an idiot for think we should pay for medicine to keep her from getting pregnant while doing the nasty.