Breitbart dead

So "just not liking" him is a reason to wish him dead??

Chef, you do realize I was joking, no? It was a way of bringing up a news topic, about Rush, without starting a new thread. I guess you guys just don't "get my sarcasm"!

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chef, you do realize I was joking, no? It was a way of bringing up a news topic, about Rush, without starting a new thread. I guess you guys just don't "get my sarcasm"!

No I didn't and the fact that it too you being challenged several times to "admit" it was sarcasm leads me to believe that it wasn't. But only you know for sure.

He isn't really all that sarcastic, just crude. Things like referring to Michelle Obama as "Moo-shell", or as a "watusi woman" just perpetuate a lot of bad things, as far as I am concerned. As much I didn't care for Andre Breitbart, I wouldn't accuse him of the same. I don't think Rush is stupid, by any means. Thart is what makes his brand of "sarcasm" all the worse for me. He knows his audience, knows whatt opinions they want re-inforced, and he delivers at every opportunity. I just don't like the guy...normally people who I disagree with the most, love him. I see a corralation.

You're just pissed because Breitbart was able to use the very same tactics the left has been using for years, but much more effectively, and in a highly entertaining way.

Moreover, Breitbart was a very likeable guy. The left can be snarky, crude, and sarcastic too, but few will come away from that liking them. Look at Bill Maher's show.....I haven't laughed since he was on ABC....when he was actually concerned with being funny, not merely hosting an infomercial. Re-inforced opinions....given Maher, the Daily Show, etc? :lol: Are you being serious? That's your objection?

How about objecting because competitors of Breitbart on the left, with 80x the budget, can't do a better show than Red Eye? :lol: There was more humor in a 5 minute Red Eye segment with Breitbart than in whole seasons of Maher's show now.

Breitbart was the king of busting the hypocrisy of the left, in the way most likely to cause you to laugh at him more than them.

Or, are we talking Rush? :D

You could interchange either name in the above and it would have 0 effect on its validity.

No I didn't and the fact that it too you being challenged several times to "admit" it was sarcasm leads me to believe that it wasn't. But only you know for sure.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was being challanged to admit it was sarcasm. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I don't like him, or that I don't think his particular brand of humor (which 3rd referred to as "sarcasm") is very clever, only hateful. But, I was being sarcastic when I said I wouldn't feel too bad if he choked on a ham sandwhich...so, I am coming clean...you got me! I didn't think it was that hard to follow...must use more emoticons. :rolleyes:

He isn't really all that sarcastic, just crude. Things like referring to Michelle Obama as "Moo-shell", or as a "watusi woman" just perpetuate a lot of bad things, as far as I am concerned. As much I didn't care for Andre Breitbart, I wouldn't accuse him of the same. I don't think Rush is stupid, by any means. Thart is what makes his brand of "sarcasm" all the worse for me. He knows his audience, knows whatt opinions they want re-inforced, and he delivers at every opportunity. I just don't like the guy...normally people who I disagree with the most, love him. I see a corralation.

What do you think of Howard Stern? Chris Rock?

As much as I hate the left like Obama and couldn't care a less if something bad should befall him, I could never bring myself to post something like this. As much as I hate to give this website hits, here it is. I didn't bother reading it because being Rolling Stone it's nonsense out of the gate.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/andrew-breitbart-death-of-a-douche-20120301

Edited by Dante

As much as I hate the left like Obama and couldn't care a less if something bad should befall him, I could never bring myself to post something like this. As much as I hate to give this website hits, here it is. I didn't bother reading it because being Rolling Stone it's nonsense out of the gate.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/andrew-breitbart-death-of-a-douche-20120301

Not suprising.

Simply a rehash of (incorrect) liberal myths about Andrew Breitbart.

Written at a 3rd grade level for those who know nothing else..............certainly not worth getting excited about.

What do you think of Howard Stern? Chris Rock?

I don't particualarly care for either, and I don't wish them dead. I listened to Stern in the late 80's, early 90's when I lived in NYC, and, honeslty, he made me chuckle from time to time, but more often than not, he pissed me off. I haven't listened to him in many years, maybe decades. As for Chris Rock, I have never understood why anyone thinks he is funny...he has rarely made me laugh.

Now, if you are trying to draw a correlation between them, and Rush Limbuagh, you are being intellectually dishonest (one of your favorite accustions). Sure, Rush calls himself an "entertainer", but he came on the national scene, in the late 8o's as a "conservative commentator", and there are those in the Republican party (the ultra-conservatives, not all) who seem to view him as one of their leading voices.

I don't particualarly care for either, and I don't wish them dead. I listened to Stern in the late 80's, early 90's when I lived in NYC, and, honeslty, he made me chuckle from time to time, but more often than not, he pissed me off. I haven't listened to him in many years, maybe decades. As for Chris Rock, I have never understood why anyone thinks he is funny...he has rarely made me laugh.

Now, if you are trying to draw a correlation between them, and Rush Limbuagh, you are being intellectually dishonest (one of your favorite accustions). Sure, Rush calls himself an "entertainer", but he came on the national scene, in the late 8o's as a "conservative commentator", and there are those in the Republican party (the ultra-conservatives, not all) who seem to view him as one of their leading voices.

Then what do you think of Bill Maher?

So, Andrew was going to release some very damaging video on March 1st, the day he died? That's what I call weird. I'm NOT espousing any conspiracy theory.

http://www.infowars.com/breitbart-wait-til-they-see-what-happens-march-1st/

http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/03/01/andrew-breitbart-wait-til-they-see-what-happens-march-1st/

So, Andrew was going to release some very damaging video on March 1st, the day he died? That's what I call weird. I'm NOT espousing any conspiracy theory.

http://www.lsnewsgroup.com/2012/03/01/andrew-breitbart-wait-til-they-see-what-happens-march-1st/

You're linking to infowars. You're espousing a conspiracy theory. QED.

Maher would be a much better comparison to Rush, than Stern or Chris Rock.

I like Maher, as you obviously like Rush. He does make me laugh a bit (more for his points of argument than his legit "jokes"), but I also disagree with him pretty often. Maher is very critical of both sides of the political persuasion, and was probably the most visible person, critical of Obama very early on. Maher will also give credit where credit is due. I have never heard Rush do that. I suppose it is possible he never thinks anyone who doesn't see things his way could ever be right about anything.

Rush's "schtick", if you will, is to identify where "the line" is with any liberal/conservative issue, and immediately plow over it. He can never re-consider a position. He will always use the most base, inflamitory language he can get away with, to denegrade somebody or something he doesn't agree with. He seems to have particular issues with minorites and women. The bully on his pulpit.

You're linking to infowars. You're espousing a conspiracy theory. QED.

Now Tom, I'm linking to a video that was on Drudge. The messenger just happened to be Infowars. Did you think I'd find it on DailyKos? Quit being a prick.

You think Obama might have killed Breitbart? :huh:

Maher would be a much better comparison to Rush, than Stern or Chris Rock.

I like Maher, as you obviously like Rush. He does make me laugh a bit (more for his points of argument than his legit "jokes"), but I also disagree with him pretty often. Maher is very critical of both sides of the political persuasion, and was probably the most visible person, critical of Obama very early on. Maher will also give credit where credit is due. I have never heard Rush do that. I suppose it is possible he never thinks anyone who doesn't see things his way could ever be right about anything.

Rush's "schtick", if you will, is to identify where "the line" is with any liberal/conservative issue, and immediately plow over it. He can never re-consider a position. He will always use the most base, inflamitory language he can get away with, to denegrade somebody or something he doesn't agree with. He seems to have particular issues with minorites and women. The bully on his pulpit.

Wow, to get all that, you must listen to Rush alot.

Now Tom, I'm linking to a video that was on Drudge. The messenger just happened to be Infowars. Did you think I'd find it on DailyKos? Quit being a prick.

I don't know, I didn't watch it. Because, y'know...Infowars. :wacko: