Per ESPN: Rams to trade 2nd overall pick

Well, that pissed me off. Everyone's been talking about the Rams trading the pick to the Browns or the Redskins for the past month and ESPN "breaks" that story today?

I hope the Browns pass and the Redskins sign Manning. Take your 2nd pick and.....

Breaking news....I'm only surpised there wasn't a Peter Pan picture.

Well, that pissed me off. Everyone's been talking about the Rams trading the pick to the Browns or the Redskins for the past month and ESPN "breaks" that story today?

I hope the Browns pass and the Redskins sign Manning. Take your 2nd pick and.....

+1 on the Peter Pan catch... :thumbsup:

The break being Peter king reporting they may trade it predraft and it's nearly 100% certain, not just possible. That's a big escalation

Wow that how it's done? They know who is #2 already? They already know there is no one at value for them at # 2 or they have so many more needs?

On the flipside, more teams bidding early might max value. Before Peyton goes to a team you have a bit extra leverage and rg3's stock can't go much higher. If they aren't going qb it's not awful. The worst thing is for the team going up and if someone else takes him at 1, he gets in an accident, nabbed for crack etc.... The trade back is much lower risk today. They would have to worry about the same issues dropping down on draft day.

Edited by NoSaint

Union2008, you make a very good point i understand. From all i have gathered up in my small way i am thinking This Griffin kid will be extra ordinary. It is quite a reach, quite a reach for us. But this might be the guy. hard for me to say, but this might be one of those rare times that we might well screw up, but the upside is well ...pretty f'n Tall. Buddy has already started talking about finding the players in the mid rounds. he has said that more than once i believe. and i fear he is up to something unexpected.

This is a brutal draft for us. i will be glued to the clock this year. Go Bills

I think this just means that they aren't sold on Blackmon with the number 2. I've long said that RGIII is a franchise changer. He would immediately give the Bills something they haven't had since early 90's - relevancy. Unfortunately, I have a hard time even typing this type of stuff bc our FO would never make a deal for him, especially after investing so much in Fitzpatrick. You don't trade the farm in order to draft a QB, only to sit him for the forseeable future. Especially a QB as dynamic as RGIII. Ahh, to be a Bills fan. When the most logical moves turn out to be the most impossible.

We didn't invest that much in Fitz, so it's a pretty big stretch to criticize the FO for that. The possibility to get RG3 has nothing to do with our FO and their ability. The probability of that happening is low because there's several teams that could potentially want to trade for RG3 that are in front of us in the draft. Do you realize how much more it would cost us at #10? And you think the Bills wouldn't be logical to turn away from that?

We didn't invest that much in Fitz, so it's a pretty big stretch to criticize the FO for that. The possibility to get RG3 has nothing to do with our FO and their ability. The probability of that happening is low because there's several teams that could potentially want to trade for RG3 that are in front of us in the draft. Do you realize how much more it would cost us at #10? And you think the Bills wouldn't be logical to turn away from that?

The league is built around qbs. Without one, you're screwed. With one, you've got a shot. It's pretty simple.

The league is built around qbs. Without one, you're screwed. With one, you've got a shot. It's pretty simple.

If you look at any of my posts in regards to this topic we totally agree. My point is we aren't stuck with Fitz because of Money.

He has a $5M option due in mid-March this year, which the Bills will pay, along with a $2.8M salary for the season. After that, the Bills can pretty much decide to move on at any point. He has $3M roster bonuses due in 2013 and 2014, and carries palatable salaries of $4.25M and $4.35M for those seasons. His yearly salary shoots up to over $8M per after that. Those arent huge numbers, but more importantly arent numbers that tie to franchise to him. Hell get paid this year, and depending on what happens in the draft, may not see any more of his money. Well see, but luckily the Bills protected themselves for the most part.

Edited by Triple Threat

Word on DC sports radio in that the Skins

are prepared to offer the Rams their top three 2012 picks and "at least" their 2013 first-round pick to move up to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

good lord, wash has a good defense which is young and getting better but III will need some help on offense so they will have to open the pockets and get vincent jackson. The skins could really turn it around with a big move and a couple free agent moves.

good lord, wash has a good defense which is young and getting better but III will need some help on offense so they will have to open the pockets and get vincent jackson. The skins could really turn it around with a big move and a couple free agent moves.

Haven't they been trying that for a while now?

Wow that how it's done? They know who is #2 already? They already know there is no one at value for them at # 2 or they have so many more needs?

They know they don't need a QB nearly as much as half a dozen teams who will pay them a king's ransom in draft picks for the chance to get RG3.