Have I Mentioned Recently How Much I Hate Bicyclists?

Chef Jim

I was waiting at a crosswalk this morning as 5 people were walking across. This d-bag kid on a bike then went flying past me on the right, through the middle of the walkers. One woman stumbled a bit trying to get out of the way as he kept going and never even looked back. Kid, you're on a very busy urban street right next to a subway station. Pay attention you fool.

And I don't want to label this kid as the typical cyclist. He was pretty clearly just a kid who uses his bike to get around the city and doesn't actually do those regular long distance rides that the more dedicated riders make. He was just a stupid kid completely oblivious to anything outside his stuck up little world.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called physics, you IDIOT.

No, physics dictates that your bike loses any altercation with his truck. Moral outrage isn't going to keep you from dying from your own stupidity.

And moral outrage is rather stupid in and of itself when you're doing 15 over the speed limit on a damn bicycle. "It's unsafe for him to be speeding when I am!" !@#$ing moron. :lol:

Like guzzling a case of cheap beer and eating a buckettful of cheetos while watching men in colorful spandex knickers every Sunday at one and then whining about what you saw, pretending you know better then the head coach, on an internet message board ? A hobby like that?

Its called physics, you IDIOT.

And what the !@#$ is that shithauling hick doing driving a truckload full of cowshit around so fast that he can barely control his vehicle?

Nah...its NOT Farmer Ted in his shitbox Ford with his shitbox overweight trailer with brakes at their wear limits, doing 45 in a 30 while he checks his cellphone for text messages who is the reckless one. Its the two guys on bicycles riding towards the side of the road and had the audacity to blow a stopsign at an empty intersection who are the "dangerous" ones. Give me a !@#$ing break.

Let me ask you. What's the posted speed limit of the road you admitted doing 45 mph on? And how many feet does it take you to come to a complete stop on your bike at 45 mph vs my car with anti-lock breaks?

They're not wearing it to impress you. They're wearing it for comfort, many people ride around the finger lakes on bicycles (my father will regularly take 40+ mile rides up there), and it would be extremely uncomfortable wearing normal civilian clothes. I agree it looks ridiculous, but live and let live. As for getting a real hobby, you mean something akin to posting on a message board?

Yea there you go! Get a real hobby???? HA!

Maybe I should rephrase and say, get a hobby that doesnt bother other people.

People automatically assume that anyone that doesnt ride a bike and looks like a selfish douche, either is on the computer, playing video games, or drinks alot of beer. Get your sh*t together and stay out of traffic. I was taught that at 4 years old. Good day.

People automatically assume that anyone that doesnt ride a bike and looks like a selfish douche, either is on the computer, playing video games, or drinks alot of beer. Get your sh*t together and stay out of traffic. I was taught that at 4 years old. Good day.

I don't have as much a problem with the cyclist that hog up the road in wine country or the country in general. Mainly because I don't live in the country and only visit wine country once a month. My problem is the the holier than thou bike commuters here in SF that feel because they're "going green" that they can do whatever the !@#$ they want. All it takes is the cops to start writing a shitload of tickets to these assmunches and they'll wise up.

You dont own the roads you !@#$ing !@#$.

Good day.

All it takes is the cops to start writing a shitload of tickets to these assmunches and they'll wise up.

GOOD! WRITE THE !@#$ING TICKETS!!!!

The more I see morons on two wheels getting reprimanded for bad behavior, the less I have to listen to schmucks like you.

Let me ask you. What's the posted speed limit of the road you admitted doing 45 mph on? And how many feet does it take you to come to a complete stop on your bike at 45 mph vs my car with anti-lock breaks?

It was a hypothetical, dickhead.

No, physics dictates that your bike loses any altercation with his truck. Moral outrage isn't going to keep you from dying from your own stupidity.

And moral outrage is rather stupid in and of itself when you're doing 15 over the speed limit on a damn bicycle. "It's unsafe for him to be speeding when I am!" !@#$ing moron. :lol:

Ah, the usual "might makes right" argument. What are you? Five?

Auto drivers do pay more taxes for the roads... They should have priority... Bikes should be low priority, like pleasure craft on the rivers... They go last and stop first. Bikes should be the burdened vehicle since they manuevern easier.

I think everyone should wear those silly outfits when driving their car. Maybe then they'll get some respect from the spandex mafia. The people in cars can wear the yellow ones because they'll be passing everyone.

It is funny how the me me me stuff changes from generation to generation. It used to be the young punks were the hippies saying free love me, smoke dope me, no job me, hemp arts and crafts me. Now it is the endorphin junkies that can't play other sports saying tight shorts me, my road me, $100 bike tire me, slow down traffic to prove my superiority me. Details change but human nature remains the same.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions yourself. My assumption was made based on a fact - that you are indeed posting on a message board. I think it's hilarious that bicycling bothers you this much.

Ah, the usual "might makes right" argument. What are you? Five?

No, it's the "physics makes right" argument. You're really dumb enough to take on a five-ton truck because you claim the moral high ground?

Good luck... :lol:

The problem is everybody is trying to "game the system." Roads cost money and bikes bring nothing to the table if the cyclists lose the auto. Bike have to share the road because of this... No?

Go to a system where each have their own roads...

And yes... The autos and other mechanically licensed and registered vehicles do own more of the road.

GOOD! WRITE THE !@#$ING TICKETS!!!!

The more I see morons on two wheels getting reprimanded for bad behavior, the less I have to listen to schmucks like you.

Does that include writing tickets for cyclists who don't stop at stop signs? Ahhh, the hypocritical cyclist. "I never break the rules, it's always someone else."

It was a hypothetical, dickhead.

So you NEVER go above the posted speed limit. And when you're flying down those hills how many feet does it take you to stop.

Wrong Tom... Look it up. The sailing douches are just the same as the biking douches.

No they don't. Sailboats that is. The boat that is less manueverable has the right of way... Which is the freighter. Everybody thinks, just because a sailboat is under sail, every other boat has to give way... Not the case... ESPECIALLY in restrictive navi lanes.

No come on... If the two vessels are in a large body of water... The pissing contest should never arise.

No, it's the "physics makes right" argument. You're really dumb enough to take on a five-ton truck because you claim the moral high ground?

Good luck... :lol:

I see no reason that someone sooooooo special that they would dress in a spandex outfit with cool logos all over it should have to submit to physics. It just isn't fair.

Freighters have right of way over every other vessel while in a shipping lane. When else is a freighter not gonna be in a shipping lane? Unless you are the cappy of the Costa Concordia.

Again... Roads are tight "navi lanes". The more maneuver vehicle and vessle ALWAYS gives way... Even under pedal/sail power.

There is a lot of BS spread by bikers and sailors in their self-important world.

I do everything by that philosophy. I don't even think I brush my teeth without assuming someone's trying to kill me.

Motorcycles (other people on them, that is) scare me for that reason - speed/distance judgement is usually off - as well as around these parts there's just too many idiots on Japanese crotch rockets actively trying to kill themselves without anyone's help.

And every person I've ever known who's regularly rode a motorcycle has ended up with an extended hospital stay (and in one case, a segment on "Rescue 911".)

And I still want a vintage '40s BMW with a sidecar.

Lusting after a Luftwaffe bike are we... post-313-071833300 1339787213_thumb.jpg

The problem is everybody is trying to "game the system." Roads cost money and bikes bring nothing to the table if the cyclists lose the auto. Bike have to share the road because of this... No?

Go to a system where each have their own roads...

And yes... The autos and other mechanically licensed and registered vehicles do own more of the road.

Good point. Autos and trucks pay for the roads, they should have priority over bikes that are freeloaders using the roads provided by taxes paid by cars and trucks. In fact, I would ban them from the roads unless there is a bike lane provided to prevent all of the issues previously mentioned.