Mayocks new take

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now says he`s not worth a 1st 2nd or even a 3rd rd pick. This after watching more tape. This is what I have been preaching for weeks .Slow,lazy and horrible against top tackles. Took you long enough Mayock to climb aboard.

Saw the same thing, was really hoping he would be awesome but he sucked, he looked good at the senior bowl but that tells he was just playing for more money :thumbdown:

I heard him say that too. Strange how an opinion from a guy like Mayock changes how you feel about a player.

or not, I new Mike would come around once he got into the tape.

Saw the same thing, was really hoping he would be awesome but he sucked, he looked good at the senior bowl but that tells he was just playing for more money :thumbdown:

or not, I new Mike would come around once he got into the tape.

I looked up tape and watched the senior bowl and kept wondering why he was ranked so high. I thought Curry looked alot better ,as a pass rusher than him.Ingram also in that game against the starting tackle looked bad. Just not a great draft for pass -rushers.

I have to admit, I haven't watched any of the "tape" on any of the DE coming out this year for the Draft. But that being said, because Defense is an area we need IMMEDIATE improvement in, I've been a much bigger proponent of getting a good DE in FA, and I know Big Mario is out of the picture but there are others....I would prefer to take a guy like Upshaw, who could project to either an OLB in the 3-4 or really any LB position given his size and football instincts, at least IMO; I would like FA to net us one good WR, one good DE, and one good DB - and yes, I know the whole BILLS Cash to Cap stuff and "Ralph is Cheap" arguments but those three areas would truly allow us to Draft the way we should be Drafting, Best Player Available...when you stop Drafting for "need" per se, you start rotating talent through positions and creating depth at various positions.....so in short, DE and DB in FA please, and it would be nice to get a WR too, but WR seems to be a better Draft investment if need be...Defense needs attention and we don't have the luxury of allowing players to "grow" into their development since this Defense needs so much help....Defenses like the Steelers and Ravens can draft young Defense and allow guys like Lews or Palomolu mentor their kids while they develop but we don't have that luxury....yet

Didn't Mayock also say Maybin would be a star in this league? These guys do not know anything. They just have really good jobs.

Please, Mayock is one of the best. You really expect someone who's job it is to rate hundreds of football players a year to have close to 100% track record? :rolleyes:

And PDADDY won't be happy with Mayocks analysis.

Didn't Mayock also say Maybin would be a star in this league? These guys do not know anything. They just have really good jobs.

He also said Robert Ayers, a one year starter in college, would be the best defensive player in his draft. He has 5 career sacks in 3 years.

That said, Mayock is probably the best one in my opinion. And I seriously would avoid all players with motivation issues with high draft picks. If you can't get motivate with millions of dollars on the line, how are you going to be motivated with millions in your pocket?

» Mayock's top 20 prospects

Outside linebackers

Aaron Curry

Wake Forest

Scheme diverse/high-level performer, safest pick in draft

Brian Orakpo

Texas

Talented conversion guy, explosive off edge

Brian Cushing

USC

Love attitude/passion, 4-3 SAM/3-4 ILB?

Clay Matthews

USC

Special talent, Nickel OLB

T-5th

Larry English

Northern Illinois

Can run the arc, level of competition

T-5th

Aaron Maybin

Penn State

Can he sustain 250 pounds or stop the run?

Oops, ofrgot linky: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?confirm=true&id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments

Tim-

Edited by D521646

NO! He did not say that! In fact Mayock had a little Film session on why he did not feel Maybin was worth a 1st Round Pick...He said Maybin could not hold up vs. the Run in College and that, in the NFL, Teams would exploit that weakness in a huge way...It was Todd McShay who felt Maybin was the next Jason Taylor...Mayock was not a big Maybin Fan at all...

Mayock is not perfect, but he's head over heals better than the rest...So take it back... ;)

He also said Robert Ayers, a one year starter in college, would be the best defensive player in his draft. He has 5 career sacks in 3 years.

That said, Mayock is probably the best one in my opinion. And I seriously would avoid all players with motivation issues with high draft picks. If you can't get motivate with millions of dollars on the line, how are you going to be motivated with millions in your pocket?

You are right about one thing...Mayock is the best...

Again...The same Robert Ayers who had 2 Sacks in a Playoff Win, was a HUGE piece of a pretty good young Defense, is being praised by his Teammates for his hard work and improvement, and played out of Position early on in his Pro career...

Lets wait a few Years before we determine the final grade on Ayers...He may not be the best Defender from that Draft...But he also may turn out to be REAL good nonetheless... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

1329481662[/url]' post='2384646']

Mayock should put an asterisk by every player he thinks will be good. * = will be good unless he's drafted by the Bills and their terrible bum coaching staff.

I'll join in on the "I told yu so" train. Just like everyone else in this thread, I've never liked Coples and he's the one guy I am praying we don't pick. He's garbage IMO.

:thumbsup: Just put on the tape of Courtney Upshaw and just be amazed:) This guy will help us by injecting tallent into our D. You cant draft by position alone. Mr. Mayock loves to say "If there is a player who has more tallent but might not fit your scheame to the T. Draft them!!" Upshaw will be a pro bowl player for years with tteh Bills :beer:

1329497472[/url]' post='2384798']

:thumbsup: Just put on the tape of Courtney Upshaw and just be amazed:) This guy will help us by injecting tallent into our D. You cant draft by position alone. Mr. Mayock loves to say "If there is a player who has more tallent but might not fit your scheame to the T. Draft them!!" Upshaw will be a pro bowl player for years with tteh Bills :beer:

Considering what stache just said regarding big DL and fast LBs, what position does Upshaw play for the Bills?